Who Is Your Greatest of All Time?

Spike

Almost every single football fan had one player whilst growing up who they thought was the greatest player ever, they might not necessarily be the greatest player of all time but when you were a kid they might as well have been. You see this player as a kid and you think they are just brilliant and you hold this sentiment for ever. I don't want to see Crisitano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi being listed because I think most you of lads and lasses are too old to be saying they were your childhood hero, but if you are that much of a young 'un (Liquidator and Ryan Davidson come to mind, god bless their young hearts) I suppose that's fine.

For me in particular Kaka was that player. I thought Kaka was the best anyone could ever hope to be. Absolutely amazing player. I thought it was such a shame that he played for AC Milan, where I couldn't see his talents week in week out. He had everything pace, skill, intelligence, great looks. He looked stylish while he played and made the game look so effortless and silky smooth.

rtr22cmo4kaka.jpg

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

didier-drogba.jpg

I didn't get into football until early 2000's but when it's all said and done Drogba should be known as one of the best strikers of all time imo. And no, I'm not saying this just because of Munich. He is one of the most complete players I've ever seen, from technique to raw power, pace, finishing and ability to make plays on the defensive end. Drogba possessed a lot of intangibles that separated him from the rest and was the epitome of a game changer.

but if you are that much of a young 'un (Liquidator and Ryan Davidson come to mind, god bless their young hearts)

:lol:

Anyway...

Zidane.

I remember one situation (one of the earliest memories of my life I can recall) from 1998 during the WC when I asked my dad who that player in the blue shirt with the number 10 was and he said to me "That's Zidane". We'd watch the whole WC together (although I can't remember anything else from it) and everytime France played I'd put on my France kit my parent bought me. Obviously, it had "10" written on its back.

As my parents were big football fans a couple of years ago it was normal at home to watch the CL and because Zidane played for Juventus and Real their games were broadcasted quite often. Everytime I watched Zidane I tried to look at his moves as closely as possible to remember them and show off with them in my free time when I played football with my friends. What fascinated me about Zidane most were his close ball control and his unpredictable moves. You NEVER knew what he was gonna do next when he started his runs and it absolutely amazed me when pulled off one of his legendary pirouettes! Good days back then...

Fuck you Speigel.

Anyway my greatest of all time is either Zidane or Kaka.

Zidane was so talented, immense player, that goal in the CL final at Hampden was one of the first goals I ever seen (I was 6 or something and never really got into football as much until after). Its a pity I only seen him as a player for really what 2 years? I love watching videos of him, especially that World Cup final from 98 where he was head and shoulders above everyone and I had the pleasure of watching him smash everyone in the 2006 World Cup too.

Kaka in my eyes was the perfect modern day player before these cunts, Ronaldo and Messi burst onto the scene. Kaka was a phenomenon, man what a player. He was my favorite player for years, as Spike already said everything he did was so easy looking but obviously it wasn't. Its such a pity hes been so out of form since leaving Milan, he was so good, actually gutted to see how his career has faltered the last few years.

Another personal favorite of mines (wouldn't say greatest of all time but) was Ibra. I seen him play at Juve and thought wow instantly. Had everything, went to Inter and became one of the finest players in the world and well you know how much trophies hes won in his career.

Thierry-Henry-Arsenal-retour.jpg

Thierry Henry was for me the best player in the world, and If I'm a CFC supporter now, its surely because we won against them at Highbury 2-1 in the Champions League, if they won, I would probably be a Gooner.Lets be honest, he is a legend, the greatest striker in the history of the Premier League, I still adore him, he was quick, decisive, elegant...I cant describe Titi Henry greatness, he can take the ball, dribble three players and curl it wonderfully, classy player.

n_real_madrid_raul_gonzalez-66672.jpg

Since I always loved Zinedine Zidane, I always loved to watch Madrid, and Raul was for me a special player, I dont know why, but when I see him with ball I wait for something special to happen and he is a top top striker & one of the very respected ones too in world football.

sport-graphics-2008_693426a.jpg

Everyone talks about the beautiful game, great dribbling ability, using tricks to get past defenders. Ronaldinho played the game the beautiful way.

And I'm surprised this man hasn't been mentioned yet

Frank-Lampard.jpg

Ronaldinho during his first 3 or so years at Barcelona. Best player I've ever seen, and was the catalyst that revived Barcelona at one of their lowest points.

I was already exposed to football since a very young age. My dad and grandfather loves football, but back then we didnt have much access to the English league but rather the serie A.

The first player that caught my attention was the man with the same name as me:

Gabriel-batistuta.jpg

Gabriel Batistuta. Remembered watching him with Roma when i was 8. His plays captivated me since the very first minute.

Another player that i absolutely loved from the seria A was a chelsea flop

Andriy Shevchenko

andriy-shevchenko-chelsea.jpg

I loved everything about him, i would play PES and use AC Milan 100% of the time and just do a one man sheva show. He is still one of my favorite player even though he failed at Chelsea(Could imagine my excitement when he came).

Then I started to watch the Premier league in 2001.

David Beckham was so big at that time back home, and i was also a fan.

article-0-0045231700000258-61_468x308.jp

I bought this shirt with his name on the back. Which was my second football shirt(first was a random lazio jersey we bought in Italy)

And of course the reason why i support Chelsea right now. Is because of this goal

zola-o.gif

Ive been supporting Chelsea ever since, I was thinking of who to support at the time, i liked Beckham so much i thought i was gonna support man utd, i got an arsenal shirt as a gift as well(the one with the shinny sweaty chest) and i liked henry, so this goal sealed the deal for me, made me forget about the utds, the arsenals, the milans. As a 10 year old boy, this goal was one of the most beautiful things that my little eyes(no small eye jokes please!) saw..

Honestly i have to thank my dad for this, because he and my grandpa was a chelsea fan and he changed the channel to this chelsea game instead of the utd game i wanted to watch.

Was devastated when he left, luckily Frank was there!

And now 11 years later, i love this club more than ever.

I can't post a picture because I don't know how to on my phone but being a striker myself I always modeled myself on Del Piero.

I loved Batistuta and his machine gun celebration but Del was just an absolute Don.

White puma boots Del Piero that is. =}

Goooooaaaalll Lazioooooooooo!

didier-drogba.jpg

I didn't get into football until early 2000's but when it's all said and done Drogba should be known as one of the best strikers of all time imo. And no, I'm not saying this just because of Munich. He is one of the most complete players I've ever seen, from technique to raw power, pace, finishing and ability to make plays on the defensive end. Drogba possessed a lot of intangibles that separated him from the rest and was the epitome of a game changer.

His personality is what strikes me the most..I will never forget that night in 2009 against Barca. Ever since then,...before the 09-10 season even began...I felt he was THE man at Chelsea, and would not go out before adding more remarkable chapters to his story at this club.