Anelka: Chelsea Will Change Tactics

Nicolas Anelka has declared he will cope with his super sub role at Chelsea as he has been told that The Blues will play with two strikers next season.

The Blues' January signing is considered second-choice striker behind Didier Drogba and for the first time in his life the France international is ready to stay quiet and wants to avoid a conflict with his manager Avram Grant.

Anelka was suspended by Real Madrid earlier in his career for having told coach Vicente del Bosque how to play him.

The talented attacker will be patient and rest ahead of Euro 2008, before knocking at the starting XI's door next season.

"My status does not annoy me too much," he told RMC. "The coach explained me Chelsea are used to playing in 4-5-1 and that he has the intention to do this 4-4-2 next year.

"We have important and close games. He did not wish to destabilise the group and change tactics.

"It has to be accepted. He knows what he is doing. Whatever happens, I work at training and I know I can play in a 4-4-2 or 4-5-1.

"It permits me to rest a little. We always want to play all the time. Sometimes it is good to see your team-mates from the bench.

"It may be good before Euros."

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic