Spike

On further examination, I'm not really sure if this Ben Fairthone guy is reliable at all though.

Probably he just sum it up everything, but Griezmann news has been heated up lately though. Yes until now none from reputable ones.

Because everyone in Spain has a buy-out clause and players would rather go to more 'marketable' clubs if possible.

Which is only going to become more common when the new BPL money arrives.

I'm willing to bet that if we sign Griezmann, that (1) it'll take me ages to learn to spell his name (iez and two ns, Alex!) and (2), Cuadrado goes the other way on loan.

Anton Greasyman. The Spicy Frenchie from Basque Country. Learn that name, la.

This transfer seems to get closer.

I like the idea that club(s) think to get the deal done as quickly as possible. Enough of those never ending operas.

If Mourinho is interacting with Mendes and Jorge Mendes is intermediate in this deal, you know things are serious.

Also Argentinian media says that Vietto to Atletico is on stand-by.

Jose said that he already works on the next season and wants to have as big job done/prepared as possible before he goes on the holiday.

It will be very interesting how Jose would fit Griezmann into the side but if he interacts with Mendes to do the job then he has some clear idea about it.

Don't think that deal is done but him https://twitter.com/Kike_Marin_has reported story about Mendes involvement and I remember last summer this guy was ahead in Fabregas, Filipe and Diego Costa deals. He's reliable. And if Mendes is involved things are serious now. So steadily, this transfer will pick up the heat in every outlet.

A little something I wrote about Griezmann a while back in the Summer Window thread. At the time his possible acquisition was merely based on hope, but looking at the rumours:

Edit: Ignore the Koke part haha.

Griezmann's entire game is revolved around movement. He's constantly moving, always looking for space. Direct running, moving into positions to create space for his teammates, drifting into positions to offer support and a passing option. Quick, agile, sharp, very good ball control, a cool finisher, Griezmann has a real eye for goals. Not the type of player who will get people off their seats with mazy dribbles, neither does he possess outstanding passing. Definitely the type of player who's at his best in and around the box. But that's more than fine. It allows most of the play to go through Eden, Cesc and Koke, all players that love to get on the ball. Griezmann is not the type of player that likes to get involved in the build-up play much, but he has a quick mind. He's very good at playing quick passes and exchanging one-two's to keep the ball circulation high. Something that has been a problem as we've often witnessed slow passing, making it easy for opposition team to organise their set-up and defend.

A very intelligent player and he complements Hazard well because of their completely different styles. Willian and Cuadrado offer different options when necessary. And this way you have three players in your starting line up who are all capable of scoring 15+ goals each in all competitions.

Kind of weird how he's now so heavily linked with the club. In my mind, Griezmann would suit Chelsea perfectly, but reality doesn't always agree with me. Still, I definitely support this transfer. I refuse to get excited though. Need something more solid.

This might be why he would fit us better than Wilian. Both, Willian and Hazard want the ball at their feet instead of making runs into space, which is why we often look narrow and static in transition and in attack.

But other than that I don't really see what he offers. He gets most goals from the second striker position which does not exist in our system.

I could only imagine him replacing Oscar. Willian or Hazard could move to the middle, too with griezmann either occupying a advanced no10 position or RW. On the other hand we would lose some defensive shield that way.

So in short he is just like a left-footed Schürrle with better finishing. Could be a hit. At least he plays comes from the RIGHT side to not interfer with Hazard, which probably was Schürrle's downfall.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You