Europa League Final 2013 - Benfica 1-2 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

145 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

Seriously?

they are overloading the midfield - Frank doesn't have the legs, Mata and Torres are NON EXISTENT up front...

It's the fucking formation it's just shit against a team like Benfica!

We haven't fucking learnt anything from Ateltico! This is what they did, but they had Falcao and not some fucking muppet up front!

Hmm, everyone's fault but Luiz, I geddit.

I love him, I do, but he doesn't belong there. He (along with Frank) is offering no protection to the defence, they're skipping past them so easily.

HT change : Moses for Cahill, Luiz in defence, Rami in midfield, Moses wide right.

We were absolutely dreadfull...fatigue got to us, but seriously why long balls from Cech?

Mata was invisible, Luiz is not Mid, Rambo has no energy. Lampard was no where. We dont run and fight for ball. We have no creativity in attack. No teeth in penalty area. No service from midfield. Bench doesnt offer anything special either...

Hoping on best in second half...

We were absolutely dreadfull...fatigue got to us, but seriously why long balls from Cech?

Mata was invisible, Luiz is not Mid, Rambo has no energy. Lampard was no where. We dont run and fight for ball. We have no creativity in attack. No teeth in penalty area. No service from midfield. Bench doesnt offer anything special either...

Hoping on best in second half...

looking forward to people bashing him, without even looking at the opponent and how they play...

Agree with you. In my mind he has been one of the best from Chelsea. He might be sloppy, but he has that x-factor that can win us games, or lose. Either way, he is not the cause of our problem, players aren't awake yet. Crossing my fingers that the wake up call won't be a goal, because they sure can combine. Btw, whats up with the pitch? Seems so slippery and you can clearly see the watering radius on the grass, especially in the goalkeeper's area.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZH8xyr0-_0

This is very subjective, if you really analyse it, we played 4-4-1-1 more than we played 4-2-3-1. Looking carefully, Ramires and Oscar often formed a second line of four with Lampard and Luiz. While Mata and Torres got isolated in front...

We're nearly always 4-4-1-1. Just not the right personnel to match their midfield.

Wow, getting dominated. Luiz, Lamps, Ramires all over the place. I say take off one of Mata or Oscar for Moses and just concede possession and just look for counters over the top. Just doesn't look like we'll be able to build up to decent scoring chances.

It's pretty sad to see how much whe in fact rely on our star players. Basically, when Eden 's out and Mata is not up to his game, we will face some difficult times ahead.

Call back Romelu and De Bruyne, and do not sell him to a fucking German side.

Jesus Christ

I would say that's more due to the lack of technical ability in our defence and midfield and our striker. Really only the 3 amigos, Luiz and Azpi are comfortable on the ball, everyone else shits their pants whenever someone is 5 feet from them and pass it back or launch it forward. You can't have a decent build-up when every second pass ends up at the feet of someone who needs 10 yards of free space and 3 touches to make a decision.

Benfica are playing too cute and wasting their opportunities. Chelsea need to plug up the midfield or Matic Perez and Gaitan will keep passing around Luiz and Lampard. Poor Frank doesn't know where to turn. 0 - 0 at halftime is flattering Chelsea but a quick goal by Chelsea and the first half becomes a non issue for both sides. Cheers guys, see you after the match.

@madmax it has nothing to do with luiz. if mikel would be playing there, i would say the same. the FORMATION is the problem. jesus just outplayed benitez...easy at it is. futhermore they are fresher.

@madmax it has nothing to do with luiz. if mikel would be playing there, i would say the same. the FORMATION is the problem. jesus just outplayed benitez...easy at it is. futhermore they are fresher.

I'd agree on Mikel. I'd put Rambo there. Formation shouldn't be an issue because everyone knows this is how we play.