The Only Place To Be and I have discussed this through several pages on the Top4 thread. Both raised intelligent arguments to the subject. It is all there!

As for the question....No, I am not worried. However, it is not going to be a positive thing!

I am kind of beginning to accept it. :(

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

y? will u be leaving us then?

i think u ll probably end up supporting leeds since u r so obsessed with them anyways...

good one less glory hunter.

:lol2:

This has been discussed so many times especially in the top 4 thread. Mata, Hazard, Luiz, Oscar etc have contracts. They can't just leave. Hazard and Mata would cost £80m each. Jose... it's up to him. We have to just wait for the season to end until worrying about what MIGHT happen.

Pretty much this. The only worry is what's in their contracts. Some might have release fees which are dependant on us being in the CL, but even then they'd be almost prohibitively high.

Mata almost certainly doesn't, Hazard and Oscar haven't had amazingly good seasons that would entice other teams and the reality is that there aren't many teams who could or even would put in a bid.

Then there's the youngsters like De Bruyne, Lukaku and Chalobah who could slot into the squad.

I'm not saying it's ideal, but WHATEVER happens this season I expect us to push for the title next season. Maybe we go for Pellegrini or Moyes and they surprise us all. Maybe we throw in a youngster or go for an unheralded player and we MAKE a star for once.

People need to focus on the most important thing about next season - how fucking nice is our home kit going to look??? :blue scalf: :blue scalf: :blue scalf:

Yes it'll suck coming in 5th but there is a silver lining to everything.

The team will be very hungry the following season, and I see them coming together in a way that wouldn't have been possible otherwise. Adversity will reveal the best in us, as always.

Mata clearly loves the club, he won't leave. Hazard seems to happy too and Luiz has said many times how he loves Chelsea. If we fail to be top 4, the players have to realise that they are at fault too and they are the ones who need to bring us over the line next season if they don't this season. For now, it's Sunday 21st of April, there are 5 games to go and every outcome is very much possible. Us, the staff and the players have to fight for Chelsea FC now. I'm actually looking forward to this now because it will feel so sweet if we do come 3rd or 4th. We're in a war, we have to go all out and win it no matter how we do it.

Yes it'll suck coming in 5th but there is a silver lining to everything.

The team will be very hungry the following season, and I see them coming together in a way that wouldn't have been possible otherwise. Adversity will reveal the best in us, as always.

Exactly. The most important thing next season is winning the league and we can do that if we finish 4th or 5th this season, in my opinion.

If Jose comes without us being in the CL, then he becomes a bigger legend here. He comes when it isn't the easy choice, and we build something special. If he doesn't then we appoint someone else and they may well lead us to great things.

Maybe if we can't spend, we're forced to give youth a chance.

There are no certainties in life. Finishing top four doesn't guarantee anything, and finishing fifth could be more damaging than I care to think about right now but when I look at where this club is heading I can't help but be hopeful whatever happens.

Finish 5th this season...then sure as hell need to make sure we dont next season.Or if we finish 4th/3rd whatever this time round that we dont end up in a struggle like this next time either.

Cant imagin players leaving because of it....it isnt like we are always outside the top 4 and if they leave to go elsewhere doesnt mean their new club will always qualify for CL...

Finishing 5th can only make us stronger, separate real fans vs. the ones who just like to enjoy the ride when we're winning, and see who really does want to be at the club.

It'd (hopefully) create a unity. Much like how Juventus being relegated then promoted has quickly lead to them becoming an incredibly strong unit.

Finishing 5th can only make us stronger, separate real fans vs. the ones who just like to enjoy the ride when we're winning, and see who really does want to be at the club.

It'd (hopefully) create a unity. Much like how Juventus being relegated then promoted has quickly lead to them becoming an incredibly strong unit.

Does that mean you will be gone?

I get that we are all frustrated and that emotions are high, atm, but there is absolutely no need for that kind of language.

i am sorry for the language used but the guy just gets on my nerves. he ll quote u with a smart-ass remark or straight forward question your credibilty as a fan (see the sturridge page) telling u to go and support some other team just because i dared to praise sturridge in the sturridge thread after he performed the way he did today.

but anyways apologize for the comment and would edit it.

Will I, a 3rd Generation Chelsea supporter, be gone? No, what I assume is a 1st Generation Chelsea supporter, I don't think so. :rolleyes:

Dam it, I thought you wanted the quality of fans to be raised. It seems we will need more than 5th place to get rid of the immaturity around here!

Also, the fact you are a 3rd Generation Chelsea supporter only works against you. I wasnt influence by anybody, I cant say the same though...

It seems we will need more than 5th place to get rid of the immaturity around here!

Like that one instigating Brazilian on here who encourages the mocking of other members? indeed.