Who to blame for the worst season in the Roman era ?

65 members have voted

1. 1. Who is to blame ?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The board... shouldn't have fired Mourinho to begin with. If we hire him this summer, it will basically mean the board admit they fucked up. Shouldn't have made some of the baffling signings over the years. Should have shown managers more support. Shouldn't have let go of both Meireles and Essien in the beginning of the season. Shouldn't have made the idiotic decision to make Torres our automatic starter. Shouldn't have sold Sturridge. Shouldn't have hired Benitez. There are a bunch of "shouldn't haves" out there, I believe I don't need to spell them all out.

The board has been riddled with facepalmable decisions. No, I don't want to get rid of Roman, he's our suggar daddy and I want his money - have a go at me for saying this, don't care. But the rest of the board and advisors? Yes, get rid, and bring in football businessmen, not only businessmen.

Last year was worse. If yous think this season is the worst in the Roman era then wow................. speechless. A CL and FA cup doesn't cover up last years embarrassing league performance where we were absolute ballsack.

This is a transition year as next year is too in my opinion. If this is the worst season in the Roman era then you need your fucking head checked....

Roman will learn from this season. We've played so many games and that's also a factor. We've been punished for being competitive in every tournament. If we were like Arsenal getting knocked out of every tournament by April, we'd be top 3 easily right now, maybe 2nd, miles clear of 5th.

I really think it's now time for stability. We need a manager, like Jose or Capello or even Moyes, whoever (Whoever isn't scum) for 5 years.

Some may claim that lack of stability has worked... it's bullshit. We've won a lot but we woulda won double the amount with stability and we woulda destroyed Fergies empire if Jose had stayed from 2004 to now. That's what i believe.

We've had 10 years of fun, now we need to get serious and be taken seriously again.

Going out against Swansea in terrible fashion (no goals scored), had no chance vs City and being in the semifinals of UEL is nothing to be proud of. Wont even touch the two shameful defeats to Atletico and Corinthians, the appointment of shit FSW (sorry, I completely disagree with your article) and the disgraceful lost for QPR at home...

If we fail to qualify to UCL and we lose to Basel, this will certaintly be our worst season under Roman.

If we do fail to secure top 4 and win the EL then I would agree, but those are big 'if's. Perhaps we should wait till this season is over before we judge if it is the worst or not instead of having those knee-jerk reaction threads..

Of course the advisors have done so many things wrong, but is Roman not the main man ? Is he not the one who has the final word at this club ? Or is he faultless ?

Chelsea is a major club, he cant have a say in everything...

The board of course... loaning and selling so many players till ours quad was too thin and also the coaches Rdm and Rafa for not getting the best out of the few quality players we got, the tactics, cos they have been standard, predictable 4231 shit and the leading players like Mata and Lampard for underachieving in the big games, Torres who should have been our main striker but failed us once again.

Last year was worse. If yous think this season is the worst in the Roman era then wow................. speechless. A CL and FA cup doesn't cover up last years embarrassing league performance where we were absolute ballsack.

This is a transition year as next year is too in my opinion. If this is the worst season in the Roman era then you need your fucking head checked....

Look, success is measured by what you win. This year we were in 8 competitions, now we only have the chance to win the fucking Europa League. Are you seriously saying that it would be better than the FA Cup and Champions League? If we fail to win even that, it will be the first trophyless season. Yes we might have played more dire football last year, we did, but it doesn't show that it was the worst season. It will be remembered as one of the greatest seasons in our history. This one will be forgotten and written off quickly.

One point about transition. Yes, we are in transition, but imo it's been horribly managed. It should have started ages ago, then we wouldn't be talking about "biting the bullet during radical transition", we would be talking about gradual evolution. Now we suffer because because we went from old to new too quickly.

Its his club though.

It doesnt matter, it is his hobbie and not his business.

He only appears from time to time and some decisions are made by our Board without even consulting him.

Not taking away his massive blame, but it isnt all his fault just because he owns it. Are all our titles in the last decade because of his money? No. The same applies for when things are going bad...

Ultimately it's Roman's fault. He's the one who wanted Guardiola. so he was always going to bin Robbie at the first chance (probably shouldn't have given him the job full-time in the first place because he was never the right choice) and he wanted a short-term man in charge and the only one realistically available was Benitez.

People can blame the board but they need to be specific. Some are blaming them for Jose going, but some of the people involved in that are long gone.

Emenalo is a popular choice but if you look at the signings made under his tenure they've been much better in my opinion.

This season was years in the making. We didn't plan long-term from about 2006 until 2011, and now we're racing to catch-up. Fortunately the future looks bright but it's going to be a bit painful getting there.

That's all on Roman though.

Whoever is in charge of the squad. You're only as good as the players you have at your disposal. For the amount of money we spend on transfers and wages to be 22 points behind the league leaders is an embarrassment, shameful even. Makes you wonder just how much more needs to be spent before we can compete. I'm not sure on the figures but since January 2011 we must have spent about 300m or very close to it. How much more before we close gap? What a monumental waste of resources.

Whoever is in charge of the squad. You're only as good as the players you have at your disposal. For the amount of money we spend on transfers and wages to be 22 points behind the league leaders is an embarrassment, shameful even. Makes you wonder just how much more needs to be spent before we can compete. I'm not sure on the figures but since January 2011 we must have spent about 300m or very close to it. How much more before we close gap? What a monumental waste of resources.

Lets face it, Torres costs us, on the pitch, off the pitch, obliged to play him all the time because of his money made us almost losing the CL under Carlo Ancelotti.

Anyone who says Roman, for my money, is an idiot. He doesn't personally swing the axe. Its those "advisers" of his. Roman has invested a lot of money in this club and continues to do so. How anyone can therefore label him as the main problem is beyond me. Yes, he does make the ultimate decisions and some small degree of the trouble has been caused by his own ruthlessness, but the real issue here lies with those aforesaid "advisers" and the board in general. We entered a season fighting for seven trophies with the smallest squad we've had since 2006/07. Imagine how bad this season would have been with a long-term injury to Luiz, Cech or Mata, for instance. We've been underprepared for this season from the word go thanks to the inability of the board to keep a consistent, competitive core to the team. Look at all the loans we've had - you're telling me Essien, Lukaku, de Bruyne, Courtois et al. couldn't have been of any help this season? And by the same token, whose idea was it to sell Meireles, loan out KDB, Benayoun and Essien and then, with Romeu out for the season, decide not to bring in a replacement in January?

Nevermind #RafaOut - #BOARDOUTNOW.