Who to blame for the worst season in the Roman era ?

65 members have voted

1. 1. Who is to blame ?

First of all, I'm not used to writing long posts like Peace or other article writers here, but I'll try to explain in a few sentences whats on my mind.

This is arguably the worst season in the Roman era. Whether you call it transitional, changing, evolving or anything else, its hardly an excuse for everything we were forced to watch throughout the campaign. What we've seen this season is definitely not Chelsea, it's more of an Arsenal. At least our supporters are far more intelligent than Gooners & have voiced their discontent. It wasn't enough. At the beginning I felt incredibly excited, on the brink of winning the Champions League and with super talented new players coming in, the future footballing year couldn't have sounded better. So, where did it all go wrong ?

Now I can't wait for that same footballing year to finish. It was as disappointing as it gets, even though its not over yet. There are so many issues to be dealt with. Not going to mention TIO (probably people find me boring at times :D ), or Di Matteo, or the players. I'm certain that the only man who makes decisions at Chelsea, the only man who is a true boss - is Roman. Not Emenalo, not Gourlay, not Buck - Roman ! They can suggest, they can propose and recommend, but the ultimate decision awaits the Russian. In my honest opinion, he has fucked up the season and he is to blame for the worst season in the Roman era. I'm not going to be so radical and say Roman out, but the fact is people refuse to speak openly about him and his moves. Why ? I really have no idea.

Anyway, whoever the next manager is (assuming it won't be the current one, but after his appointment earlier, I'm not so sure) will have a task of winning things immediately, because of a disaster of a season the year before. Therefore, lots of new problems are ahead of us, problems I think one man cannot magicaly remove, not even if his name is Jose Mourinho.

Don't want to sound to pessimistic, but all I want to see next season is a united club, everyone behind those on the pitch, fight and passion. That way nothing will hurt.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this really Chelsea worse season? I mean last year they were 6th. (granted we won CLs, but still)

This season we could just as well end up being fifth, which really is no different from last seasons sixth place, and win no trophies at all despite having half a dozen good chances to win some so I fail to see your point. Last year the club won the biggest trophy out there as well as the FA Cup with the weakest squad we've had in years so I can't see how it can be viewed as a failure as we also gained the CL qualification through Munich. Thanks to last season's triumph, Chelsea ended up posting profit for the first time in the past ten years so by all accounts it should be considered as the best season in the club's history. On the pitch there have definitely been better but in a decade no one's going to remember how lucky we were to win the trophies.

One could however argue that Carlo's final season was the worst in the Abramovich era. Back then we were knocked out of cups quite early and although we got the second place in the end, the future wasn't looking anywhere near as bright as it is now with all the young talent at the club. Also, Torres arrived that season and we're still living the nightmare to this day...

As for @'s question, I blame everyone collectively. The board for not addressing our problems in midfield this season and even going as far as sell a bunch of those we already had, the players for not giving the fuck and not performing as well as we know they can, Di Matteo for getting much of the things wrong time and again, Benitez for being a cunt and finally, I blame Roman for letting all of these things happen. Us fans are partly at fault too and we have to acknowledge this as well, blaming everyone else for the problems is something Liverpool fans do, let's leave it to them.

The future is bright at Chelsea FC, the pieces just have to fit together and with some minor changes this team could be as good as anyone. In the summer get the right manager, recall some of the players out on loan and sell the deadwood and finally get a couple of new additions to complete the team. Then just back the manager and the players for longer than a couple of months and I'm sure it will end well.

Well the answer to your question depends, if you mean the worst season in terms of performances, that was last season, and I blame Lampard and the old guard for it. The worst season in terms of results was Carlo's second season, and I blame the board for not bringing new blood to replace the aging players.

Well the answer to your question depends, if you mean the worst season in terms of performances, that was last season, and I blame Lampard and the old guard for it. The worst season in terms of results was Carlo's second season, and I blame the board for not bringing new blood to replace the aging players.

Is it really ?

We've fought back after being behind 15 points at one point, we even had a chance to win the Premiership at Old Trafford. This year we've bottled 6 trophies out of 7 possible, and the seventh isn't looking that likely now. Might not even play Champions League next season.

Last season doesn't even need to be discussed and a proper answer wasn't given btw.

Question = Who is to blame for the worst season in the Roman Era?

Answer = Change.

Every team needs to change and go through transition. We've still been competitive but we've changed a lot all in the same season. we've still made Semi Final's, finals and still pushing UCL qualification. The only team that haven't suffered is Man Utd but look at Liverpool and Arsenal. It's been a bad season but we have a very young squad which is for the future. If we win the UEL and come top 4 i'd be pretty happy considering the amount of change that has happened in such a short time.

As long as Roman knows what he's doing, we'll be fine. In Roman we trust.

Is it really ?

We've fought back after being behind 15 points at one point, we even had a chance to win the Premiership at Old Trafford. This year we've bottled 6 trophies out of 7 possible, and the seventh isn't looking that likely now. Might not even play Champions League next season.

Last season doesn't even need to be discussed and a proper answer wasn't given btw.

We've made the semifinals of the Carling, FA and EL so far. We didn't get anywhere near silverware in Carlo's second season and for the most part of it we were almost as far behind united as we have been this season.

We've made the semifinals of the Carling, FA and EL so far. We didn't get anywhere near silverware in Carlo's second season and for the most part of it we were almost as far behind united as we have been this season.

Going out against Swansea in terrible fashion (no goals scored), had no chance vs City and being in the semifinals of UEL is nothing to be proud of. Wont even touch the two shameful defeats to Atletico and Corinthians, the appointment of shit FSW (sorry, I completely disagree with your article) and the disgraceful lost for QPR at home...

If we fail to qualify to UCL and we lose to Basel, this will certaintly be our worst season under Roman.

Our board are just a bunch of c*nts ! starting with hiring the fat spaniard! really? what did u think?!

I guess its Roman's fault aswell.

and obviously Benitez hasnt been the best of managers.. dont blame him for taking the job though.