Is Chalobah ready for the first-team?

Really? You don't think the way a person conducts themselves is an indicator of their attitude to their profession?

That's extraordinary. It's not just in sport where this is pertinent, but in all walks of life. It doesn't mean one can't change but it's these intangibles which you tend to find in winners. Look at any sportsperson at the top of their profession and look at the attitude they have towards training.

Indeed his own father seemed to have some concerns during this period.

He was dropped for some time after the Reading game if I remember correctly, but he came back from that well in the second-half of the season. You may find it laughable but I'm not altogether sure it's incorrect - if you have the stats to correct me that would be most helpful.

I respect that you've taken the time to type a response but I really don't think the stuff about character is arbitrary. Indeed it's integral to the way players conducts themselves throughout their careers and I don't think I've been unfair.

As I said before, if you actually want to discuss the players and their attributes then I would welcome that discussion.

Guess we'll have to agree to disagree on who was the better young player mate. I say Mikel you say Chalobah, we don't need to argue about it for the next hour when it's clear I can't change your mind and vice versa. :tophat:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Juventus also have the best midfield trio in Europe, and a back 3 that dominates opponents to the extent where they leave the field feeling like Fernando Torres. That solidity and backbone is something Chalobah will not have if he returns next season.

The transition for Pogba cannot be compared.

Xavi, Iniesta, and Busquets play for Barca, unless their is this mysterious transfer I didn't know about it...

Messi was ready. Owen was ready. Rooney was ready.

They were all important fixtures in their senior teams at young ages and I doubt they'd be the players they are today unless they were thrown in at the deep end when they were.

For me for our squad he is going to be our 3rd dm behind mikel and romeu which mean he is going to play cery little next year. It's better for him to go on loan, if he is as good as some of people in this forum think then there should be plenty of suitors for him

Guess we'll have to agree to disagree on who was the better young player mate. I say Mikel you say Chalobah, we don't need to argue about it for the next hour when it's clear I can't change your mind and vice versa. :tophat:

You could change my mind if you presented an appraisal of their relative attributes.

It just seems as though some people toronto....sorry, I mean want to offer an opinion without backing it up by referring to the player in question, relying instead on statistics and generalities.

I don't know if Chalobah is ready for the first team or not...
BUT
I don't want to see Chalobah sitting on the bench for the majority of next season with the odd cameo appearance.

If Watford get promoted, let him stay there for the sake of his development. Clearly Zola likes him, the fans like him and he's become an important player in their team..

With more game time at Watford, he could get a good season of PL experience under his belt and come back to Chelsea as an improved player like Lukaku..

Bad performance so far. The game has just passed him by.....

Hardly. When Watford have been at their best, everything's been going through him. It isn't his best performance but when he's on the ball he's looking to make things happen, but Cardiff are working their bollocks off.

Hardly. When Watford have been at their best, everything's been going through him. It isn't his best performance but when he's on the ball he's looking to make things happen, but Cardiff are working their bollocks off.

You really do overrate him.....

All of Watford's good play has come from Battocchio and Deeney, Chalobah hasn't been able to impose himself in the game. His only good bit of play was the nutmeg on Bellamy, but then he lost the ball straight after. He's lost the ball quite a few times and gave away that freekick trying to be smart in a dangerous area. Most midfielder's look to make things happen when they're on the ball, doesn't mean they've been successful at doing so. Just been off-form so far, nothing wrong with that. Lets hope he picks it up this half

All of Watford's good play has come from Battocchio and Deeney, Chalobah hasn't been able to impose himself in the game. His only good bit of play was the nutmeg on Bellamy, but then he lost the ball straight after. He's lost the ball quite a few times and gave away that freekick trying to be smart in a dangerous area. Most midfielder's look to make things happen when they're on the ball, doesn't mean they've been successful at doing so. Just been off-form so far, nothing wrong with that. Lets hope he picks it up this half

well I guess thats him sorted out might as well give him away

No, I just don't rate him on one game and I don't go over the top criticising him when he has a tough half.

Also Battocchio could do with taking some time rather than looking to get the ball forward whether it's the best choice or not.

And with that, he's off.

Edited by The only place to be

No, I just don't rate him on one game and I don't go over the top criticising him when he has a tough half.

Laughable. So after criticising him after a poor half 'I don't rate him'? Commentator even said it just now, he's had a quiet game.

Honestly we might as well just gloss over everything and praise him even when not playing well......

Has he lost the ball a few times? Yes

Has he lost it in dangerous areas? Yes

Has his passing been up to usual standards? No

He's now starting to pick things up.