Looking at Our Last 8 Fixtures

Beepu

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arsenal and Spurs should be getting 9/9 points from those fixtures. We HAVE to beat Spurs and get at least six points from the other three games.

8-9 points, being 3 from Spurs is enough to secure top4!

Beat Aston Villa and Tottenham and draw both or win at least one from Manure and Everton, that we finish in third place!

Arsenal and Spurs should be getting 9/9 points from those fixtures. We HAVE to beat Spurs and get at least six points from the other three games.

I think they will drop points elsewhere tbh. Obviously we should assume that, but i would be very surprised if arsenal and tootenham both got more than 7 from the final 3.

When it's a run in like this, for any part of the table, title, top four, relegation. When does the team with the "easiest" run in come out on top? I can't remember it ever happening.

March 2010 every one was saying Arsenal's run in meant their win the title, Spurs should have been home and dry in 3rd last season with the run in they had.

Those 2 have form for fucking up when their expected not to. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if they both spunked points away this weekend.

Well, at least we can't complain that our tail end of the season will be boring!

Will anyone else actually be happy/content with our season if we finish 3rd, Lampard breaks the record, and we win Europa? Still an underachieving year, but a decent end considering all of our managerial troubles.

We should crush Aston Villa, they are by far the 3rd worst team in the league and surely are no match, not even for a B-side. Everton is at the Bridge and they will probably have secured European football by then. So it would suffice taking a point out of each Utd and Tottenham. win at Old Trafford and that is half the deal.

Btw. which date is the Europa League final? I am looking ofrward to not playing twice every week at some stage...

we're Chelsea, we don't do it the easy way

it'll probably go down to a point where there's 15 minutes remaining in the Everton game and us leading by a goal and needing to hang on to finish in top 4

don't do this to me :sweating:

We should crush Aston Villa, they are by far the 3rd worst team in the league and surely are no match, not even for a B-side. Everton is at the Bridge and they will probably have secured European football by then. So it would suffice taking a point out of each Utd and Tottenham. win at Old Trafford and that is half the deal.

Btw. which date is the Europa League final? I am looking ofrward to not playing twice every week at some stage...

Think you might have to wait till next season to see us play 1 game per week again. If we do make it to the Europa League final, the game will be played on 15th May(Wednesday) which is in between the league game against Villa and Everton. And that would obviously see us play a game every 3-4 days for the remaining weeks of the season.

It really doesn't matter if we lose against United as long as we beat Tottenham and win our last 2 games we are in the top 4! but i do think we will leave Old Trafford with something! but the main game is the Tottenham one we have to win that!

We beat United and Spurs and top 4 is ours because we open up a 6 point gap between us and Spurs with 2 games remaining and due to our far more superior GD we would be alright. If we win the next two PL games we can fully concentrate on preparing for the EL final if we make it there.

Current league standings:

3. Chelsea - P35 68 points (GD +34)

4. Arsenal - P36 67 points (GD +31)

5. Spurs - P35 65 points (GD +18)

Remaining league matches:

Chelsea - Tottenham(H), Aston Villa(A) and Everton(H)

Arsenal - Wigan(H) and Newcastle(A)

Spurs - Chelsea(A), Stoke(A) and Sunderland(H)

Now that we have beaten United, all we need now is to beat Spurs and we would have sealed a place in a place in the Top 4. We will then be 6 points clear of them with 2 games left and have a way better GD. They are not gonna overturn that massive goal difference of 17 (assuming we beat them by 1 goal at least). Only need 1 point then from the Villa or Everton game, if want to be perfectly safe. If not, then we must at least avoid defeat here and maintain that 3 point gap.

On the other hand, IF Spurs win on Wednesday, then Arsenal will drop down to 5th! That said, it would obviously be best for us to just beat Spurs and seal a Top 4 finish, be done with it. Don't want to experience any nervy and jittery moments in the final 2 games. Can also then focus on the Europa League Final.

I'd rather Arsenal in the CL than Tottenham so hopefully that happens.

1: If Tottenham miss out on the CL, there's a higher chance of bye-bye Bale and Tottenham reverting to their former mid-table status.

2: It would just be incredibly funny to make them miss out on the CL yet again :D

I'd rather Arsenal in the CL than Tottenham so hopefully that happens.

1: If Tottenham miss out on the CL, there's a higher chance of bye-bye Bale and Tottenham reverting to their former mid-table status.

2: It would just be incredibly funny to make them miss out on the CL yet again :D

Agree 100%

League Standings:

3. Chelsea P37 72pts (GD +35)

4. Arsenal P36 67pts (GD +31)

5. Spurs P36 66pts (GD +18)

Remaining Matches:

Chelsea - Everton(H)

Arsenal - Wigan(H) and Newcastle(A)

Tottenham - Stoke(A) and Sunderland(H)

Top 4 us all but secured now with that massive GD over Spurs although if they don't beat Stoke tomorrow, then we will, mathematically, confirmed finish in the Top 4. Anyway, must aim for 3rd now to ensure automatic qualification to the Champions League group stage. If Arsenal fail to beat Wigan next Tuesday, then we will finish in 3rd. Otherwise, we have to beat Everton to guarantee that. Or just match Arsenal's result against Newcastle.