Looking at Our Last 8 Fixtures

Beepu

We can if we beat united. Really we just need 9 points from the remaining 12.

True and if we win our next 2 games against United and Spurs, we would already finish in Top 4. 6 points clear of Spurs then with 2 games left and have a way better GD than them(16 goals better), which they are unlikely to make up. To be certain though, we obviously then need 7 points from last 4 games but 1 or 3 of those points must come from the Spurs game!

Otherwise, there's no point us picking up 7 points from other 3 games when Spurs could just easily win 4 out of last 4 games.

Edited by BluesMaster

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at that just pisses me off, because all I think about is the 3 dropped points to QPR and 2 from Reading....two RELEGATED TEAMS. 70pts, imagine that, we'd be sailing into the CL by now.

Not even mentioning games like Southampton, Newcastle, Fulham etc.

Time to put up or shut up I guess!

Yes. That thought had been lingering in my head for hours now making me think, what could have been. :( Just gotta hope we don't rue all these dropped points in a few weeks time.

True and if we win our next 2 games against United and Spurs, we would already finish in Top 4. 6 points clear of Spurs then with 2 games left and have a way better GD than them(16 goals better), which they are unlikely to make up. But to be certain, we obviously then need 7 points from last 4 games.

If only we hadn't been robbed of those 2 points against the scum...

Honestly, I'm not too worried about united, we've dominated them in all the four matches we've played against them this season.

Honestly, I'm not too worried about united, we've dominated them in all the four matches we've played against them this season.

Do you think they have a draw and a lost in a row? It will be kinda difficult

For starters, we would be sitting more comfortably ahead of Arsenal and Spurs had we not pathetically threw away those 2-0 leads against Southampton and Reading!

Looking at that just pisses me off, because all I think about is the 3 dropped points to QPR and 2 from Reading....two RELEGATED TEAMS. 70pts, imagine that, we'd be sailing into the CL by now.

Not even mentioning games like Southampton, Newcastle, Fulham etc.

Time to put up or shut up I guess!

Don't forget the last game against Liverpool, matter of seconds for securing extra 2pts. Champions League football is ours to lose.

Do you think they have a draw and a lost in a row? It will be kinda difficult

They have nothing left to fight for, not even the record points tally. All the 50-50 challenges should go our way because the united players will not want to get stuck in for fear of injuries.

For starters, we would be sitting more comfortably ahead of Arsenal and Spurs had we not pathetically threw away those 2-0 leads against Southampton and Reading!

Yes, but the fact that the liverpool game is much recent, and the result unfair, it 'hurts' more.

Is it manures last game at home?

Nope. They still gotta play Swansea at OT.

Yes, but the fact that the liverpool game is much recent, and the result unfair, it 'hurts' more.

Yes but instead of just looking at the refereeing decisions then, we dropped the points there mainly thanks to some diabolical defending.

Two wins away from Champions league Football now providing one of them is the Spuds!!!

so we could lose at The Theatre of Clowns next week and still be ok.

Spuds game is going to be a monster, would be great to beat Utd then qualify by beating Spuds..you can hear the chant now

" Champions League your 'avin a Larf"

Come on Chelsea put this little club in their place

We are doing quite well 3W 1D so far, if we win our next to games we are pretty much guaranteed a CL spot, but its always a challenge playing in OT no matter how uninspired Utd are and spurs fighting for their life.