Looking at Our Last 8 Fixtures

Beepu

Our last 8 fixtures: (Note all past fixtures are PL fixtures)

Sunderland - Home: Their last 5 games (LDLDL) Our last 3 games against them (WWW)

I think this is the one that would be most probable to win, sunderland is on a struggle after losing fletcher, on terrible form and a manager sacking, unless they have the new manager syndrome and get all pumped up I think we should be taking the 3 points here.

Tottenham - Home: Their last 5 games (WWLLW) Our last 3 games against them (DDW)

A toughy, with spurs inconsistent form and our current home form this could go either way. Could potentially decide the CL spot.

Fulham - Away: Their last 5 games (DWDWW) Our last 3 games against them (DDD)

Our last 5 fixtures against Fulham in the league ended in stale mate, with our last win coming in 2010, so by recent trend, getting 3 points wont be that easy.

Liverpool - Away: Their last 5 games (WWWLW) Our last 3 games against them (LLD)

Liverpool has become a joke, but they always seem to turn up against the big teams and get points.

Swansea - Home: Their last 5 games (LWLLL) Our last 3 games against them (WDD)

Yes they knocked us out of the CoC, so what better time to have our revenge?

Man Utd - Away: Their last 5 games (WWWWW) Our last 3 games against them (LDL)

Proved in the FA cup that we can get a result at old trafford, probably wont though(expect a last minute offside goal or penalty)

Aston Villa - Away: Their last 5 games (LLWWL) Our last 3 games against them (LWW)

Another that wont be as easy as it seems, battling relegations, wouldnt just roll over.

Everton - Home: Their last 5 games (LLWWW) Our last 3 games against them (WLW)

Might be battling for European qualification, but i think this is winnable for sure.

I believe we can get results for most of these games, BUT and this is a big but, only if the interim one gets his priorities straight and field our strongest players for PL matches and resting them in EL. We might even do quite well and qualify comfortably, it might go down to the wire, or we might just completely lose it and stray to 5th. Its all in the hands of genius Rafa. AIN'T LIFE A THRILL!!!!!!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great fixtures up ahead plus toss in the FAs and Europas, gonna be a tough ask to get 4th.

With the kind of team that was pitched for the Saints game, we mite barely get a win.

I guess our top 4 finish now is directly proportionally to the priorities that our interim manager has in his mind.

Yes we had a decent game yest and there is nothing more enjoyable than winning against United but then that victory came on the expenses of the more valuable 3 points.

It really looks like a bumpy ride up ahead, a real tough one!

Sunderland are shit, although Di Canio's appointment could give them the much needed spark. Swansea don't have anything left to play for after they sealed their Europa League qualification by winning the Carling Cup and they've basically been gifting points to our competitors ever since, hopefully the same will continue when we face them. United will probably have sealed the title by the time we play them so they could be fielding a team of younger players and the ones they want to put in the shopping window so that fixture shouldn't be as hard at that time as it would've been earlier in the season. Fulham are always good against us, expect a draw there. Spurs, Liverpool and Everton can all be tricky, need to get at least a draw from Spurs and maybe four points minimum from the Merseyside clubs.

Predictions:

Sunderland - 3 points

Fulham - 1 point

Liverpool - 0 point

Swansea - 3 points

Man Utd - 1 point

Spurs - 1 point

Aston Villa - 3 points

Everton - 3 points

That'd be 15 points from the remaining fixtures and 70 total, can't see that being enough for third place and maybe not even enough for top4. Spurs have some tough matches coming up, they could end up with less than that if we're lucky but I can't see Arsenal doing worse than us with their easy run of games.

Result: Arsenal third, Chelsea / Spurs battling it for fourth till the final round.

Can't see us getting fourth. Arsenal have nothing else to play for but top 4, and Tottenham seem to leave there best till last.

Wouldn't say that after last season's collapse....

We have to realise that Europa League isn't important! We need to get 3rd place so that we don't have to play even more games next season in qualifying stage for UCL. I don't think a club like us should be behind Tottenham or Arsenal in the table.

It's possible we have a game in hand over Spurs! We have to play with determination. All our subs should be ready at any point to come on and make an impact we need a well drilled and prepared squad (which we've lacked at most points this season) to see the rest of the season off.

With Cole injured Bertrand's gonna have to step up and take this opportunity! It's about temperament!

It'd be hell of a rollercoaster ride. But I don't see any reason we'd not win these games. Spurs, Liverpool, and United one's are really tricky. They would not let us past them easily. But having said that, we actually got a better team ability wise, so, our players need to take some responsiblity and seize the champions league spot. I seriously feel that Rafa would sail us past through all the hurdles. He's the right man for the scenario and this is the historic moment to prove himself once again :P #inRAFAwetrust

Sunderland - New passionate manager to get the team motivated. Can see it ending badly for us.

Tottenham - If there was ever a must win game, this is it.

Fulham - Fulham away, they see it as a Derby and play there hearts out. Can't see past a draw here.

Liverpool - As we already know Anfield isn't an easy place to go.

Swansea - We'll beat them at home.

Man Utd - Can see us getting something here, especially if United have already won the league.

Aston Villa - If Aston Villa are still on the brink of relegation we'll lose this. Villa Park always seems to be our bogey ground.

Everton - Another bogey team of ours. It's hard to predict it.

I'm not very optimistic...

If we play our best team in EVERY game i am confident we will get top 4. If we start resting people and not playing mata and hazard etc then i am not confident at all. As far as i am concerned those 2 should be playing every premier league game with Ba upfront.

Predictions:

Sunderland - 3 points

Spurs - 3 point

Fulham - 1 point

Liverpool - 0 point

Swansea - 3 points

Man Utd - 1 point

Aston Villa - 1 points

Everton - 3 points

We will beat Villa. Thats the one where lampy gets a hat-trick.

There is no doubt where Chelsea´s priority should be.

The top four, by far is the most important one.

Since the club still have so many games to play, I am not sure here.

However, one thing is clear to me. Chelsea cannot win EL, FA & end up in top four. At least, I do not believe it.

Perhaps, we all might be pleasantly surprised, then.

Chelsea are playing Citeh loggers on April 14th, FA Cup, I believe. That´s the date the team was scheduled to play the Spurs.

Not sure, on what date the game was rescheduled though.

This game against the Spurs just might be THE GAME a decider for top four, I feel.