• Lampard
    • Moses
    • Mata
    • Benayoun
    • Torres
    • Hazard(sub)
    • Oscar(sub)
    • Marin(sub)

I also agree Bertrand had a good game too. By far his best performance for us, hopefully he gains a bit more belief in himself especially after that mazy run in the first half. He's good with the ball and is very quick, just needs to stop being so subdued in matches and give it some. He showed yesterday why we kept hold of him.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rubin really were a mess so it's hard to read too much into individual performances. Torres has hopefully given some prospective buyers the thought that he isn't a completely busted flush which is good. Glad to see Moses get a goal after he got some stick in the Southampton game.

Unsurprisingly the double pivot was fairly woeful, although Ramires worked hard as usual. Lampard didn't score so might as well not been on the pitch.

Marin is just pitiful. He's been unfortunate with not getting much game time but this move just wasn't right for him from start to finish. And that finish better be sooner than later.

Bertrand looked good and hopefully he continues this against tougher opposition. But it was Mata who just ran the show and showed so much class on the ball. I'd have preferred 3-0 but this scoreline allows us to rest a few of the guys before an important game.

BTW, gloating over an injury to a player like Bale is absolutely classless.

Good win. Good performance. And that penalty wasn't even a penalty IMO. The ball may have hit Terry's hand but it was ball to hand rather than the other way round! Because of it, Rubin got an undeserved goal and it's a lifeline for them in this tie. :doh: Decent result anyway.

Speaking of Rubin, was quite surprised how average they look. I know they aren't a top quality side but did expect better from them. Were they this rubbish against Atletico and got lucky or were Atletico just bad in that tie??

Good win. Good performance. And that penalty wasn't even a penalty IMO. The ball may have hit Terry's hand but it was ball to hand rather than the other way round! Because of it, Rubin got an undeserved goal and it's a lifeline for them in this tie. :doh: Decent result anyway.

Speaking of Rubin, was quite surprised how average they look. I know they aren't a top quality side but did expect better from them. Were they this rubbish against Atletico and got lucky or were Atletico just bad in that tie??

Atletico was very bad.

Torres does this on a consistent basis he will finally get my praise, let alone do it against a top club.

If anything, hopefully this puts more price value on him.

I actually felt that Bale injury when I saw the replay, happened to me a couple years back when I rolled my ankle. Swelling was as big as a softball.

Fuck off Zorro

good performance, okay result but much less than we deserved. We completely cominated them but our counters and finishing were once again wasteful as they were against Utd. They did not really had any chance and the penalty was a fluke. This could easily have been 5-0 to us. Now we still have to put a decent squad on in Moscow to ensure we do not get beaten 2-0 there. Nonetheless I think we are through. The opponents are decent but far from frightening. I'd like to get Basel, who have a chance to qualify now Bale is injured ( but i still think Tottenham go through) or Fenerbahce