• Lampard
    • Moses
    • Mata
    • Benayoun
    • Torres
    • Hazard(sub)
    • Oscar(sub)
    • Marin(sub)

Great performance and torres my motm.Btw really feel bad about bale's injury :( ,also we could have faced a bale-less spurs next week but now by the time we face them bale will be back most probably back.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A very solid workmanlike performance highlighted by the skill, determination and power of Torres. Rubin Kazan were no pushover. They had defeated some good teams to get to where they are. But their formation was predictable and gave Rafa the opportunity to drill his team. He wanted at least three goals and a clean sheet to allow him to rest players for the return game in Russia but the careless Terry penalty spoiled that plan. Even so we should score at least one goal there to cancel out their away goal. Torres is one of the top scorers in the PL despite all the shit he gets from some so-called supporters. Rafa has helped him improve his fitness (strength and speed) and reminded him of some of the movements that made him so special at Atletico and LFC. He should finish the season with 20 goals or more. There were weak players - Lampard and Terry - but overall the team played as a unit and there was a determination and focus that was missing earlier in the season. Despite the criticism Rafa has taken, he has been right to restrict Marin to the role of substitute in the final minutes to save legs and also in his rotation policy which has brought him two big victories in three days and sets us up for Sunderland. All the players did well. Congratulations to the lads and Rafa.

Unless Bale broke something, he could be back in a couple of weeks, could be just a strain. Athletes, especially of his calibre usually have god-like ankle muscles. (However I'm thinking from a basketball point of view since that's happened to me several times so naturally the muscle doesn't get strained much anymore but might not be the same for football).

It's the same in football. It happened already twice to me in 2 months on same leg (left). It hurts for a day or two, but it's not a big of a deal. If he broke it, then he is out till end of the season.

Oh Fernando, as Mata was about to cross that ball I said to my mates "Gonna be a Torres header!" and I felt like a genius 3 seconds later. :P

I noticed Eva having a conversation with him right after the final whistle.. It made me think "Does MOTM usually get to spend some private time with her as a reward?" :ph34r:

2-0 win for them gets em through, def not over yet, but shouldn't worry too much we should be able to get at least 1 goal there and I don't see em putting 3 past us.

That's it, meaning we just can't send there reserves and youth. If that was 4-1 it would be safer. Now we can't really rest the players before the Man City game.

That looks serious... Feel little bit sorry for him...

It always looks bad in the picture, but in real life it happens so quickly. I reckon it's a sprained ankle at most.

EDIT: Now that I've seen the video, that does look nasty. I hope there's no nerve damage..

Good result, but I would loved for us to have pushed for a 4th so we could relax in Russia.

My MOTM is Bertrandinho :D

Mata my MOTM followed closely by Torres who was excellent today himself. Unfortunately that isn't good enough to save his CFC career - he needs to go on a god like run from now till the end of the season for that to take place.

I thought on the whole we controlled the game even though we didn't have a solid pivot the team defended well in unison. Terry and Luiz were excellent in ball distribution and their general defending - Luiz in particular. I'm glad Luiz has been solid for a while now, proving his critics wrong by the game. Hopefully he'll keep it up till the end of the season- he's been our best CB this season by far when it comes to consistency.

Bertrand was also excellent today. Hopefully he'll grab this chance and prove his doubters wrong.

What was that AVB was saying yesterday about being superior to Basel? Even if Basel don't score on the replay, they will still go through if they can restrict Spurs to one goal. AVB's reputation will depend on Bale just as Mourinho's depends on Christiano.

What was that AVB was saying yesterday about being superior to Basel? Even if Basel don't score on the replay, they will still go through if they can restrict Spurs to one goal. AVB's reputation will depend on Bale just as Mourinho's depends on Christiano.

1-0 TO SPUDS -> 3-2 AGG.

Sorry for going off topic, why do you feel the need to insult Mourinho at any given opportunity?

Mourinho's reputation does not rely on Ronaldo one bit. Mourinho was acknowledged as one of the best (if not the best) managers in the world by many before he was at Real, surely even you know that.

My MOTM is Bertrandinho :D

This should be enough for a ban, dont you think? At least a suspension...

One does simply not use "inho" if not a Brazilian or a Brazilian player!

Great performance, deserved a lot better. The tempo wasn't exactly amazing but we seemed to use the ball well and break through many times. Yossi was very good as was Torres and Mata. Lampard was awful, very strange performance by him. All in all it's a good advantage, just a shame about that disgraceful goal by them, such a harsh decision and that was the only way they were going to score. Terrible performance by Rubin, i expected a lot better.

Shoulda been 3-0 or 4-1 but 3-1 will do for now.

SORRY hate spurs but not happy to see Bale injured,, now if it was Rio ..............

Yeah agree with this, bale is a decent person and we should not be happy for someones misfortune.

Am I the only one who still feels Kazan can do a lot of damage in the second leg? I'm not so satisfied with the scoreline.

It certainly is not over, but we are indeed in a confortable position imo.

Torres is back, dont you worry! :D