Man of the Match  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every bit as good as Banks v Pele

Every bit as good and much better. I don't get the fuss over that Banks save, is massively overrated just because it happened in a classic game between England and Brazil and the shooter was Pele.

Played well and deserved to win. They coulda scored a couple and we coulda scored more also. Better team won and i'm glad even they know that. So proud that this team continually fights for everything available. Was thinking about it a lot today and maybe i was harsh the other day because we do fight for everything. Arsenal always qualify for the top 4, that's because they basically sacrifice all the trophies for it. If we did it, we'd always come in the top 3 but the best teams fight for everything and the best teams win trophies.

The club and the players have shown a lot of desire and i salute them for that. Just wish our fringe players were a bit more ready to step in than they have been recently, especially last Saturday.

I love this team and whatever the outcome is for the season, at least they've given everything.

Says the bloke who said torres is better than Ba.

Torres is clearly better than BA - just look at the record - there is no comparison. Torres has not only broken scoring records with Atletico and Liverpool he has also scored critical winning goals for Spain (and a few for Chelsea as well). It's not his fault that Chelsea managers have not known how to play him and Chelsea management have loaned out or sold other strikers who would have lightened his load and helped the team.

This is not to say that Ba could not prove himself very valuable. He is clearly gifted when he is on form and the team is playing to his strengths - which can also be said of Torres.

Torres is clearly better than BA - just look at the record - there is no comparison. Torres has not only broken scoring records with Atletico and Liverpool he has also scored critical winning goals for Spain (and a few for Chelsea as well). It's not his fault that Chelsea managers have not known how to play him and Chelsea management have loaned out or sold other strikers who would have lightened his load and helped the team.

This is not to say that Ba could not prove himself very valuable. He is clearly gifted when he is on form and the team is playing to his strengths - which can also be said of Torres.

It ain't 2007-2008. That Torres doesn't live here anymore.

Torres is clearly better than BA

Torres is clearly better

is clearly better

is clearly

clearly

genius.png

"Torres is clearly better than Ba"

The key word is "IS". Not "WAS 4 years ago". And he is gifted when on form. And we wouldn't know about whether torres is gifted when on form Becuase he hasn't been on form for 3 years.

He has scored critical winning goals. He is the only striker in a 1 up top system. Asking him to score 1 goal every 15 games is hardly a big ask.

Ba is miles better and it's not even close. He doesn't have to score to be better as his off the ball impact does enough to help the magnificent 3 behind.

Much like Ollie,I didn't have a video feed. Iam in Xi'an and could not find the game on TV and there were no pubs nearby. :( They were showing a recap of the weekend league football on ESPN and Speed boat races on Star Sports!

I am delighted we won and cannot wait to see the video highlights!!

Oh, I am also willing to bet there won't be a peep out of my sister either!! LOL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Don't know why people still bother with Rupert. Anyone who thinks "Torres is clearly better than Ba" is clearly on something. Could you please share some of the stuff you're on mate?

I stopped taking him seriously when he posted that rafadyce was better than Jose Mourinho. Maybe in a fucked up universe, but definitely this is not the case in this universe. You people need to think like Sheldon of the Big Bang Theory when you are dealing w/ this troll:

290983-sheldon-cooper-in-the-big-bang-th

And people wonder why our old school members like me and the rest don't post anymore.

Great result, feelings still the same.

Rafa and Torres out, WE WANT OUR CHELSEA BACK

And people wonder why our old school members like me and the rest don't post anymore.

Great result, feelings still the same.

Rafa and Torres out, WE WANT OUR CHELSEA BACK

You shouldn't let clowns like Rupert put you off from posting.