If Ba fails......

Korea

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Despite his record of goals, Drogba wasn't exactly prolific during his team here, yet he's arguably our best striker ever (certainly ONE of the best at least!). Why? Because of his all-round play. Sure, Ba may not be prolific, especially in this awful team of ours (for the moment) which relies on the midfield for goals and is a striker's worst nightmare - but he creates the space for players like Hazard, Oscar, Mata, Lampard, Azpi etc. to have a pop at goal. He has everything. He's a threat anywhere you put him, and will almost always benefit the team - exactly the opposite of Torres.

And it would actually help if the players start to shoot more when the chance is there rather than trying to walk the ball into the net!

Ba=StopGap at best. fully expect us to sign another forward in the summer. While everyone's having a wankfest over Falcao, i think Cavani is the better option. He's much cheaper and his centre-forward play, as we all know after last season, is going to be a gigantic improvement from you-know-who. if we can snag him for about 25-30mil :)

Strikers:Cavani ---Ba---Lukaku. now that's a good strike force

If Ba fails my opinion on Torres would not change....Ba wasn't brought for 50mil with a prolific history as a striker as Torres was for Liverpool. While Ba scoring record has been good it nor his game play is anything comparable to Torres'. If anything Ba failing would indicate that we have deeper problems such as our middle field and tactical approaches. As it stands right now anything Ba does is better than Torres and that's all fans currently see

Ba=StopGap at best. fully expect us to sign another forward in the summer. While everyone's having a wankfest over Falcao, i think Cavani is the better option. He's much cheaper and his centre-forward play, as we all know after last season, is going to be a gigantic improvement from you-know-who. if we can snag him for about 25-30mil :)

I don't think Cavani will be "cheaper" than Falcao.

Would love Cavani...but we need to secure UCL football first!

He won't leave Napoli for Europa League...

No. We all know that Torres has had poor service just as Drogba and Ba had/haveas well. It's a difficult system for a striker to fit into right now. The point is that even when taking this into account, Torres has been awful.

I agree, he's service has been poor, but when he's had the chances, he's failed a little too much for a big club to succeed. However, the one notion I disagree with people is his price tag. It's not like he gave a market value to himself, thats what Roman paid...

He's legs are done and we probably will never see "el Nino" again.....

I disagree... Cavani going to cost as much or even more than Falcao. As I mentioned in a few posts, Cavani is the perfect Cf for this team.... It's too bad because Madrid is going to go all out for his signature this summer.

I don't think Cavani will be "cheaper" than Falcao.

Would love Cavani...but we need to secure UCL football first!

He won't leave Napoli for Europa League...

i don't think Napoli will charge £48mil for Cavani, which is roughly Falcao's rumoured price. they are not in the best of financial shape and will cash in on Cavani just like last season when they cashed in on Lavezzi.

we should be able to get him for a not-so-hefty price

If Ba would fail, would I change my opinion (its a fact actually) that Torres SUCKS?

What are you, crazy?

the man's point i believe is not just about Torres. we are playing a system which has seen the midfield score a lot more than the strikers. even in Drogba's golden boot season in 09-10, its worth remembering that Lampard had 22 or something in the league alone.

how often have we seen the striker being used as a dummy to get the midfielders behind the opposition defence? that's also a reason why Torres has failed pathetically here...well apart from the fact that he is a shit player. its not an excuse for Torres but i think it sheds light on our striker troubles here

i don't think Napoli will charge £48mil for Cavani, which is roughly Falcao's rumoured price. they are not in the best of financial shape and will cash in on Cavani just like last season when they cashed in on Lavezzi.

we should be able to get him for a not-so-hefty price

I thought they cashed in on Lavezzi because his contract was meant to finish in 2013...hence why they agreed to sell him to PSG for 30 million in July, 2012.

As for Cavani, I'm only saying that he might be more expensive than Falcao....because Madrid & City have shown serious interest in him..and this might result in a bidding war!

I thought they cashed in on Lavezzi because his contract was meant to finish in 2013...hence why they agreed to sell him to PSG for 30 million in July, 2012.

As for Cavani, I'm only saying that he might be more expensive than Falcao....because Madrid & City have shown serious interest in him..and this might result in a bidding war!

true. we should try and snap him up ASAP. like Hazard last year

if you give Ba a run of 15 straight games, he'll guarantee to bang a few in. He won't miss the chances that Torres has over the past couple of years. If Ba fails, it's probably because he hasn't been playing. I think he's a dead cert to start and score today.