Rafa Benitez' masterplan here

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know. People say he's under-qualified or over-promoted by I'm not sure what standard they're holding him to.

Well, that´s the biggest trouble. Many are saying the job is over his head.

As we all know, his scouting is impeccable. I mean, just look at the kids he helped to sign for Chelsea.

Was he the one who insisted on Rafa, as I read he was, then he messed up royally.

By the way, are you going to the game vs WB ?

I'll never understand how Emenalo became the Technical director at Chelsea...

How do you get promoted from Chief Scout to Assistant Coach with no experience whatsoever...and then get promoted again to Technical Director with no experience in such a crucial role for the club.

apparently he has coaching experience .. A girls team in the USA

Rafa Benitez, "master", and "plan" do not belong in the same sentence.

Actually...

Rafa Benitez will be replaced by the master José Mourinho who has a plan to make Chelsea a force again.

:D

What type of experience should he have to be in this role?

The presence of a director of football acts as an intermediary between the manager

and the board and may relieve pressure on a manager by handling aspects

away from day-to-day coaching, allowing a manager to focus on on-pitch

performance. The director may also help to stabilise the club AS CHELSEA ONE HAS DONE

– many examples exist of director stepping in as a caretaker manager

on the departure of the manager. The director – often an experienced

football figure – may also positively advise a less experienced manager

or the board of a less well developed club.

In contrast, there are many examples of tensions arising between

director and manager, often due to questions over the remit and powers

of the two positions; particularly with regard to control over transfer

policy. This had led to many well publicised and often, highly damaging

disputes within clubs.

The presence of a director of football acts as an intermediary between the manager

performance. The director may also help to stabilise the club AS CHELSEA ONE HAS DONE

disputes within clubs.

Did you just copy and paste? Least put a source

disputes within clubs.

U'll go to jail for plagiarism! lol

I don't know. People say he's under-qualified or over-promoted by I'm not sure what standard they're holding him to.

The standard I'd hold him to would be to look at the same or very similar roles at similarly sized or clubs of the standard/level we believe we're at or would like to be. Therefore for example:

• Leonardo @ Paris St Germain
  • Zinedine Zidane @ Real Madrid
  • Mattias Sammer @ Bayern Munich
  • Fernando Hierro @ Malaga
  • Txiki Begiristain @ Man City

Now if we are to have one of these DOF's then status and experience within football at a high level seems to be the modus-operandi of the larger/largest clubs.

That's part of what I mean by over-promoted. We've got a bloke who's played, for not very long for Notts County and managed a girls football team, in that 'soccer' hub the good 'ole US of A!!

The standard I'd hold him to would be to look at the same or very similar roles at similarly sized or clubs of the standard/level we believe we're at or would like to be. Therefore for example:

• Leonardo @ Paris St Germain
  • Zinedine Zidane @ Real Madrid
  • Mattias Sammer @ Bayern Munich
  • Fernando Hierro @ Malaga
  • Txiki Begiristain @ Man City

Now if we are to have one of these DOF's then status and experience within football at a high level seems to be the modus-operandi of the larger/largest clubs.

That's part of what I mean by over-promoted. We've got a bloke who's played, for not very long for Notts County and managed a girls football team, in that 'soccer' hub the good 'ole US of A!!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but few of those people had much experience in directorial roles before getting their current roles.

Do status and experience mean someone is going to excel in a role higher up in a football club? Maradona is one of the greatest players of all time, but he's been a failure as a coach and I expect as a DoF.

It's interesting you mention Begiristain at Man City - what about Begiristain at Barcelona? As far as I know, he was a decent international footballer who went from being in tv to being the DoF at Barcelona. Is that significantly more experience that Emenalo? In fact, isn't it significantly less?

We've got a guy who was an international footballer (only for Nigeria I know), managed a girls' team, was a scout for us, then a coach and is now a Technical Director. ON the face of it he's worked his way up hasn't he? In what way is that inferior to Begiristain's qualifications when he got the Barca gig?

Well, the above poster asks whether Emenalo is well fit for DOF in comparison to others.

If I may, shouldn´t we look at the current Chelsea to see what he has done ?

Chelsea´s bench half empty, fat Rafa standing in front of it, & most players would rather sit home because they are gasping for their last breath.

Well, that just about sums up his expertises.

Just one little thing I...

From CL winners to laughing stock in 10 months, that is the real story with Chelsea.

Rafa´s breakdown is the symptom, not the condition.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but few of those people had much experience in directorial roles before getting their current roles.

Do status and experience mean someone is going to excel in a role higher up in a football club? Maradona is one of the greatest players of all time, but he's been a failure as a coach and I expect as a DoF.

It's interesting you mention Begiristain at Man City - what about Begiristain at Barcelona? As far as I know, he was a decent international footballer who went from being in tv to being the DoF at Barcelona. Is that significantly more experience that Emenalo? In fact, isn't it significantly less?

We've got a guy who was an international footballer (only for Nigeria I know), managed a girls' team, was a scout for us, then a coach and is now a Technical Director. ON the face of it he's worked his way up hasn't he? In what way is that inferior to Begiristain's qualifications when he got the Barca gig?

On this occasion I will correct you because I think you are wrong and have been wrong in previous conversations we've had regarding him.

Status and experience are not pre-requisites for success but they are a good start. However knowing the internal workings of how a football club operates, how agents operate, how the dynamics of a football club operate, how tactical strategies make their way off a whiteboard and onto the field of play and how good players apply those instructions, how opposing strategies effect your own and how to counter them - experience at the highest level will greatly assist, whereas little experience will have you at a distinct disadvantage.

Having a degree in international relations won't help much either, sports sciences may in a way.

Now if you're really and honestly querying Begiristain qualifications with me, you really ought to think more before you type (and I'm trying not to sound too harsh), because all you've done is prove my argument to be wholly true. He has overseen the building of a team and tactics that are generally regarded as being the best in the world. He has done this by marshalling the majority of the team through the Barcelona system into the first team. He doesn't possess a Degree in International Relations and/or Sports Science or played for a fourth division English team or in fact coached a girls soccer team. What he did do was play at the highest level, experience at first hand some of the best managers in the world and know the art of football back to front. He probably learned the politics of football reasonably well too. No surprise a top team have taken him, I ask again who'll take Emenalo, I'll treat you to a night on the beer if he gets a job at a top four team in England, Italy, Spain or Germany - if he doesn't you can treat me, are we on?