Playstation 4

Steve

Nothing major. Couple of game related things, like a framerate issue on COD, but so far so good.

You don't get notifications of people coming online in game which isn't anything major but would be useful. Oh and no media playback so you can't listen to your music or whatever on it, or put your playlist on fifa as you could do with the ps3. But they are all pretty minor things.

Yea that feature is being sent in a patch later on. Strange why they wouldn't include that on launch day but hey you can't have it all right?? Well in this case I expect it all haha!

I was one of those 'meh' gamers who tought I'll get one from the local Asda after launch.. they will have some left. What a stupid '''' can't find one for shit!

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shipping 1 million units a week - plenty of stock for Xmas :)

PS4 is doing better than my Xbone which is going back - faulty BD drive!!!!

PS4 still not better than my gaming rig though - but that has 2xGTX780s :)

Mate, two questions:

1) Since you are a professional, is the difference between the Xbone and PS4 relevant?

2) Why 2x780s and not a Titan?

Mate, two questions:

1) Since you are a professional, is the difference between the Xbone and PS4 relevant?

2) Why 2x780s and not a Titan?

1) It won't be evident now, but the longer the console is around the more the developers will squeeze out of the hardware, so the PS4 will definitely give better in-game FPS. As with everything - down to personal preference :)

2) Titan is good, but these 2 cards outperform Titan :) only marginally more expensive ;) 2 cards works better on multiple monitors too :) again - personal preference ;)

As for professional - cheers :) been making games since I was 6 in 1982 (not very good games I might add) :) so 31 years in the industry and still love it :) although rarely at the coal face now - stuck in endless meetings :)

Shipping 1 million units a week - plenty of stock for Xmas :)

PS4 is doing better than my Xbone which is going back - faulty BD drive!!!!

PS4 still not better than my gaming rig though - but that has 2xGTX780s :)

:o

Would love to have even one GTX 780!

:o

Would love to have even one GTX 780!

I get massive discounts and the odd 'engineering sample' :)

Wasn't trying to show off - just highlighting that consoles used to be the pinnacle of technology, but are now lagging way behind the humble PC! As a PC gaming fan I'm loving it :)

1) It won't be evident now, but the longer the console is around the more the developers will squeeze out of the hardware, so the PS4 will definitely give better in-game FPS. As with everything - down to personal preference :)

2) Titan is good, but these 2 cards outperform Titan :) only marginally more expensive ;) 2 cards works better on multiple monitors too :) again - personal preference ;)

As for professional - cheers :) been making games since I was 6 in 1982 (not very good games I might add) :) so 31 years in the industry and still love it :) although rarely at the coal face now - stuck in endless meetings :)

Aren't there some glitches and other minor issues with a few games here and there when running dual cards? I've heard some games don't support it all that well. It has been a while since I read that, though. Has it improved?

In what company do you work? What notable games have you worked on?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Aren't there some glitches and other minor issues with a few games here and there when running dual cards? I've heard some games don't support it all that well. It has been a while since I read that, though. Has it improved?

ATI has micro stuttering issues - but these are being addressed. Nvidia is definitely better :)

Some games scale better than others - but compared to 2006 when tech first came out, it's come a long way ;)

In what company do you work? What notable games have you worked on?Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I work for Sony now and have worked for Sega and Codematers - with some others in there too.

Worked on Colin McRae, Dirt, Grid, Football Manager, Sonic, Total War series, FIFA guys in Canada - plus loads more smaller titles like Bayonetta, mario+sonic series, emulated MegaDrive games on PC and DS... Loads really - hard to remember...

I work for Sony now and have worked for Sega and Codematers - with some others in there too.

Worked on Colin McRae, Dirt, Grid, Football Manager, Sonic, Total War series, FIFA guys in Canada - plus loads more smaller titles like Bayonetta, mario+sonic series, emulated MegaDrive games on PC and DS... Loads really - hard to remember...

Did you work on CMR 2, the best rally game ever?

• 3 weeks later...

Total War

:wub:

Tell CA to get their shit together and stop releasing games that need 10GB worth of patches.