Playstation 4

Steve

People who are complaining about backwards compatibility haven't a clue about hardware or software design i'm afraid.

The PS4 is going to use a x84 cpu, witch means that for backward compatibility they would have to include a cell cpu on top of the x84 one, witch would drive cost up , not to mention powerconsumption, extra space on the mobo, and extra cooling requirements.

Personally i'm happy that they went with x84 and dropped BC.

If your old games are that important to you, just keep your old console around somewhere.

As for the difference in games. Just wait till you see games running actually rendered (not upscaled) at 1080p with lots of AA and AF, textures ten times the size, and coded from the ground up with DX11 capabilities in mind. The difference will be absolutely immense.

I'm not a Sony fan though. Dont even own a PS3.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People who are complaining about backwards compatibility haven't a clue about hardware or software design i'm afraid.

The PS4 is going to use a x84 cpu, witch means that for backward compatibility they would have to include a cell cpu on top of the x84 one, witch would drive cost up , not to mention powerconsumption, extra space on the mobo, and extra cooling requirements.

Personally i'm happy that they went with x84 and dropped BC.

If your old games are that important to you, just keep your old console around somewhere.

As for the difference in games. Just wait till you see games running actually rendered (not upscaled) at 1080p with lots of AA and AF, textures ten times the size, and coded from the ground up with DX11 capabilities in mind. The difference will be absolutely immense.

I'm not a Sony fan though. Dont even own a PS3.

That is what i am so looking forward to.

Fuck me, seems like only yesterday i got my PS3! I will get it though, gotta move with the times i suppose, i just hope it's not stupidly priced. PS3 was like £500 when it was first released. I see some people moaning about the controllers, do you remember what the PS3 controllers looked like at first? They soon made them the same or similar as PS2 controllers.

I think i'll have to sell my PS3 in part exchange i guess which should fetch over £100 ish. The PS4 obviously will be a lot better than the PS3 or there's no point them bringing a PS4 out. Looking forward to seeing FIFA, GTA and MGS on a PS4, that will be endless fun and hopefully a new Hustle Kings and i'll never be bored again.

My birthday and Xmas is within 6 weeks of each other, combined with money i can save and selling the PS3, i should be able to get it pretty easily when it's out. Can't wait.

Fuck me, seems like only yesterday i got my PS3! I will get it though, gotta move with the times i suppose, i just hope it's not stupidly priced. PS3 was like £500 when it was first released. I see some people moaning about the controllers, do you remember what the PS3 controllers looked like at first? They soon made them the same or similar as PS2 controllers.

I think i'll have to sell my PS3 in part exchange i guess which should fetch over £100 ish. The PS4 obviously will be a lot better than the PS3 or there's no point them bringing a PS4 out. Looking forward to seeing FIFA, GTA and MGS on a PS4, that will be endless fun and hopefully a new Hustle Kings and i'll never be bored again.

My birthday and Xmas is within 6 weeks of each other, combined with money i can save and selling the PS3, i should be able to get it pretty easily when it's out. Can't wait.

I believe the PS3 launched at £425 and the Xbox 360 launched at £279.99 so it will be interesting to see the competition between the two regarding price.

The PS3 was highly priced as it was the console that was also a blu-ray player and at the time that was a huge factor but it is rumored that the new xbox will also have this.

I own both consoles and can honestly say i like both , i prefer the 360 just because of the online gaming aspect of it and i like the interface they have. Though i prefer the aesthetics of the PS3 and the fact that even though the online features is nowhere near the same ballpark as the 360 it is free. Also i have never experienced a problem with my ps3 where as i had to get 3 xbox's replaced !

Ive not been playing online alot and i mainly stick to my sports games for offline game modes and i only do play COD or Halo online so i may opt for a PS4 ...though i am still awaiting to see what Microsoft comes up with before i make my move.

They must be joking right.......... How the hell am i supposed to get a NEW console when i just got the ps3 slim for Christmas! I swear to the heavens i told my friends that the ps4 would be released pretty soon so i may not ask for a new ps3 (old one was broken) and even told my parents not to sweat getting me a new ps3 because i was sure the ps4 would be released soon................................................................................... (to bad i switched my mind).

My friends havent had the trouble i have with my ps3, so they it seems tthey'll be getting it days if not weeks after it gets out. Im buggin right now, because i aint gonna use my hard earned $$$ i plan on using for my first car a new ps4.....sigh.

Also Got to admit the graphics are not "AMAZING" as one would expec. i think that the game itself needs to be made with better grahics. Why even Sony execs said that the ps3 was not being used to its full capacity, for the games haven't evolved at the rate at which we or they thought.

they're both not out and nobody has seen them so please wait till both are out... I'm sick of going into topics (not here) and peeps trying to convince each other why what is better... they're both probably based on the SAME CPU and this 2Tera FLOPS Marketing-Gag by Sony gets you no more power out of the PS4 like they mention... flops ar floating point operations and you don't need them at all for graphics...

viedeos seemed nice to me watch dog and that unreal 4 Engine looks the real shit... but both are on the same x86-Architechture and in basic this means they can BOTH use the same engine and cross-plattform-gameing should be no more problem... e. g. play'n fifa on xbox720 and ps4 against each other over the net...

cheers...

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sony stay Scheeming. It's not like im not gonna get it, but like, damn this shit is annoyin as hell with literally every company spying and sending it's info over to the FBI/CIA. The thing is, Sony was smart in slipping this in just before launch to avoid any uproar, but hopefully consumers realize this (which they prob won't) and get it removed in some sort of fashion.

Seems like Gov't RFID chips will be coming round the corner at this rate. And the way movies try and depict this notion of gov't's spying on their people as a far fetched, OTT possibility is laughable as every year they just keep upping the ante.

Sony stay Scheeming. It's not like im not gonna get it, but like, damn this shit is annoyin as hell with literally every company spying and sending it's info over to the FBI/CIA. The thing is, Sony was smart in slipping this in just before launch to avoid any uproar, but hopefully consumers realize this (which they prob won't) and get it removed in some sort of fashion.

Seems like Gov't RFID chips will be coming round the corner at this rate. And the way movies try and depict this notion of gov't's spying on their people as a far fetched, OTT possibility is laughable as every year they just keep upping the ante.

He's really overreacting lol, sounds like a clown. It's not like they're going to use the PS Eye or something to spy on us. That's like saying your phone network provider are also spying because they have the ability to record any phone calls or retrieve any messages... It's a real stupid thing to get so mad over.

I'm pretty sure Sony has been moderating voice and text messages for years now...

He's really overreacting lol, sounds like a clown. It's not like they're going to use the PS Eye or something to spy on us. That's like saying your phone network provider are also spying because they have the ability to record any phone calls or retrieve any messages... It's a real stupid thing to get so mad over.

I'm pretty sure Sony has been moderating voice and text messages for years now...

IDK i get pretty irritated at shit like this. Hate this feeling of constantly being watched. Will still buy the ps4 anyway but it's something that bothers me a lot.

Big brother has been watching for years, it's only going to get worse.

The whole " If you have nothing to hide then you have nothing to worry about " crap annoys me. Free country my arse!

I need a better TV for these next gen consoles. My current one would not really do it justice