Playstation 4

Steve

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I completely disagree. When you present something to a consumer, you want them to imagine owning it, holding it and visualising it in their living room. Whilst Sony showed some cool stuff, they left newspapers and websites without a single unifying image.

Look at what Apple do - they are the masters at this type of thing and Sony completely ignored their examples.

In fact, thinking back on the whole thing the most impressive thing was an old man's head. Nothing else really amazed me to be honest.

But if Xbox come out tomorrow and show a prototype of what there product will look like and a new exclusive feature they're already a step ahead of them. Sony didn't really blow anyone out of the water. They should've gone in guns blazing and really got people talking, instead people are saying how disappointed they were with the showing.

I imagine the folks at Microsoft are sitting there very smugly right now, whilst planning their next step.

No, Sony did a press conference in FEBRUARY to instigate people to talk about their upcoming product in NOVEMBER....

They will have plenty of time to show everything, there are at least 2 big press conferences where they will have to talk about PS4 until the time comes. If Sony showed their console and talked about price, Microsoft would have the final word and hype.

If Microsoft does a press conference tomorrow and shows everything and blow people out of the park. They will have the media in their back pocket until what? E3 (June)? TGS (September)? So, they get people going 7 months before release and let it all cool down for when the real launch date comes?

It will be a super slowly and cautions batle between PS4 and Xbox 720. One wont want to show it before the other. Who laughs last, laughs best!

No, Sony did a press conference in FEBRUARY to instigate people to talk about their upcoming product in NOVEMBER....

They will have plenty of time to show everything, there are at least 2 big press conferences where they will have to talk about PS4 until the time comes. If Sony showed their console and talked about price, Microsoft would have the final word and hype.

If Microsoft does a press conference tomorrow and shows everything and blow people out of the park. They will have the media in their back pocket until what? E3 (June)? TGS (September)? So, they get people going 7 months before release and let it all cool down for when the real launch date comes?

It will be a super slowly and cautions batle between PS4 and Xbox 720. One wont want to show it before the other. Who laughs last, laughs best!

Sony didn't come out with enough to capture the mainstream customer. The whole thing really didn't have the impact it should've and there was no single image that the world's media could latch onto.

Drip-feeding nuggets of information won't get as much attention as one big launch would've. Look at Apple or any other phone company who come out with a product, a date and a price.

All Sony have announced is that something we already new was coming out is coming out sometime in the next 10 months. It was a decent press conference but it lacked that oomph.

Sony didn't come out with enough to capture the mainstream customer. The whole thing really didn't have the impact it should've and there was no single image that the world's media could latch onto.

Drip-feeding nuggets of information won't get as much attention as one big launch would've. Look at Apple or any other phone company who come out with a product, a date and a price.

All Sony have announced is that something we already new was coming out is coming out sometime in the next 10 months. It was a decent press conference but it lacked that oomph.

Yes, but that was the intention. All they wanted was people talking about them for 1 month....

The press conference that will show all of this is E3 (the biggest game stage of the world) and I even doubt there will be price!

Imagine if they showed everything we were hoping for, how excited would you be for the next 2-3 press conferences they have left throughout the year? Worse, do you think we would be remebering a February show when Microsoft announces the next Xbox in September or so?

I agree with you and i also get your fustration because I also had my 10min of rage, but I now realise why they did it.

As a parent, not interested in buying it for my son… my husband, more likely!

Is it back compatible for games? That is my big question.

And me for my children :halo:

Doesnt seem all that so far -so will stick with PS 3 unless theres some blinding difference.

"The decision to not make the PlayStation 4 backwards compatible is

disappointing and means the 5.5 million plus people who own a PS3 in the

UK will essentially have to start their gaming collection from

scratch,"

-This is obviously a money spinner

Its like clubs changing shirts every season for punters in the Mug-o-store

And me for my children :halo:

Doesnt seem all that so far -so will stick with PS 3 unless theres some blinding difference.

"The decision to not make the PlayStation 4 backwards compatible is

disappointing and means the 5.5 million plus people who own a PS3 in the

UK will essentially have to start their gaming collection from

scratch,"

-This is obviously a money spinner

Its like clubs changing shirts every season for punters in the Mug-o-store

I wouldn't play ps3 games on a ps4 anyway. I get why people do it and it would annoy some, but for me i very rarely go back to old games anyway, so it doesn't bother me.

I have absolutely no desire to purchase a new gaming system. Love my PS3, and I can't really imagine purchasing a PS4 (unless they force me to purchase one by limiting new releases to the PS4 console).

I've done no research on the issue, but apparently part of the reason the PS3 is not backwards compatible is because game sales for the PS2 are still solid. Anyone know if there's any substance to that?

I have absolutely no desire to purchase a new gaming system. Love my PS3, and I can't really imagine purchasing a PS4 (unless they force me to purchase one by limiting new releases to the PS4 console).

I've done no research on the issue, but apparently part of the reason the PS3 is not backwards compatible is because game sales for the PS2 are still solid. Anyone know if there's any substance to that?

Agree with the first part. Like my PS2 was still good enough until late 2008...

No, it is because they wanted to force you to buy PS3. The first bulky system was compatible, but the slim and super slim arent!

I thought you said you probably wouldn't buy it straight away anyway? Or am i getting confused... lol.

I thought you said you probably wouldn't buy it straight away anyway? Or am i getting confused... lol.

LOOOOOOOOOL

I wont buy (certainty), but I can get happy for Brazil not being left behind, cant I? :P

They will probably make the ps3 even cheaper and double release games for a couple of years to try and squeeze everything they can out of the ps3 market.

It will be interesting to see what huge games like fifa do as they generally release 2 months before when the ps4 is expected to come out, so will they launch Ps4 versions as well 2 months adter initial release or just delay the release 2 months. The games will probably be starting at like 60 quid now as well.

Yeah lol, you can encourage your mates to buy it and then just never leave their house... :D

YEAH!

I remember when i didnt have the PS One, I would spend the whole day at thier house! :D

I will advise them to buy that Knack game... :ph34r:

YEAH!

I remember when i didnt have the PS One, I would spend the whole day at thier house! :D

I will advise them to buy that Knack game... :ph34r:

Ps one, was great.

I went from my sega, to ps one, my ps2 was one of the greatest christmas' ever as my parents had told me there was no way i was getting that. And it was epic. Then Ps3 obviously and hopefully the Ps4 Soon. If it is as big a leap in technology as PS2 to 3 then it will be epic, but i cant see it being THAT much different, still excited about it though. Especially the idea of nect gen GTA 5.

I didn't actually watch the whole thing, just read the updates and checked some of the game reviews. I saw that one though... Looked different, Killzone looked good albeit extremely shiny lol, but the last one was good, but that may be because Bungie used to be exclusive to the Xbox and now they will unleash Updated Next Gen Halo-ish content on the PS4.

They will probably make the ps3 even cheaper and double release games for a couple of years to try and squeeze everything they can out of the ps3 market.

It will be interesting to see what huge games like fifa do as they generally release 2 months before when the ps4 is expected to come out, so will they launch Ps4 versions as well 2 months adter initial release or just delay the release 2 months. The games will probably be starting at like 60 quid now as well.

They will launch it 2 months later, just like with the Wii U (lol).

Is the Wii u any good. Not that i would ever buy it, but i don't know one person who actually owns one.

I have no idea, but people say they are a bit above the current gen...

I t has never arrived in Brazil, so you can see how desperate people are to buy it! :lol: