• Lampard
    • Mata
    • Oscar
    • Moses
    • Ba
    • Hazard(sub)
    • Benayoun(sub)
    • Bertrand(sub)

Great second half performance after what was a lackluster first. I think we can absorb the positives now and really go for the cup. One Brentford player that impressed me was Adam Forshaw, great first half performance from the lad - wasn't afraid to go for goal. I thought that Mata's goal was just superb, a really neat finish. Terry's goal was good, Oscar's just confused me (how did they concede like that... should have stopped the ball) and Lampard's volley gave me feels. Hopefully we can continue scoring goals - and hopefully pick up a trophy to make up for a shite season.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last time I was this excited seeing the staring 11 was at the Emirates. I thoroughly enjoyed the whole game. A lot of people were complaining about the first half but the team played well and had lots of chances.

I was disappointed that Ba didn't score but he did keep the defenders busy the whole game. Oscar and Lamps should both have had a hat-trick. Ivanovic was decent going forward but defensively, lets just say I'd rather have him at CB.

Luiz, despite the retarded foul, had an amazing game. Kept the sky blazer shots to a minimum. Mata was a bit quiet at first but damn that man left foot makes my dick hard (yes homo)

Oscar is such a joy to watch when he's not being pressed to death.

Nasty stuff from Luiz but having seen some of the stuff teams get away with against our players with very little said I don't really give a shit.

Terrible first half much better second.

Yea like Toure did to Mata. Also Van Pussy got away with it against Cabaye!

The score would have been 5 or 6 if Torres had played, IMO, because the attack would have been better organised in the first half and Brentford would have had to devote two players to handle him, thereby making space for Mata and Oscar, and Torres would probably have scored. But it was better that he was rested for next week. Demba was the "victim" of a team with players who don't play well with a lone striker. Therefore it is ironic that the first goal was the result of such a direct move - lobbed from the back to the centre-foward and his deflection to Mata. I'd like to see us mix in a few more of these direct tactics especially against teams who play a double back four and turn up to defend.

The score would have been 5 or 6 if Torres had played, IMO, because the attack would have been better organised in the first half and Brentford would have had to devote two players to handle him, thereby making space for Mata and Oscar, and Torres would probably have scored. But it was better that he was rested for next week. Demba was the "victim" of a team with players who don't play well with a lone striker. Therefore it is ironic that the first goal was the result of such a direct move - lobbed from the back to the centre-foward and his deflection to Mata. I'd like to see us mix in a few more of these direct tactics especially against teams who play a double back four and turn up to defend.

I doubt the score would've been 5 or 6 with 10 players on the pitch

Yes, but one can always hope. Really wish we could have rested a couple more players today as well. Brentford at home would have been the perfect time to do that.

Yes, definetly. Oscar will be really good for us, but he is not the type of player that will give you dribles and runs, so it is really stupid to play him as RW. Have you ever imagined Lampard or Pirlo as wingers? Oscar is similar to both of them, but he plays a bit more advanced (not comparing quality)...

I was pissed off that Mata and Lampard were in the starting lineup, they proved to be really useful, but they surely needed some rest.