Are we going to finish in the top 4? - Achieved!

Styles

Will we finish in the top 4?  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Will we finish in the top 4?

That's clear, at the start of the season we were bound to play a lot of games — even more than usual. It was plain to see, since we were engaged in 7 competitions.

So why did they not provided a squad good enough to compete for all those games ? Actually they did — at least into their opinion. The board is compound of yes-men coming from the business world. They know their shit when it comes to win money ; but they don't know jack when it comes to football matters. And unfortunately, the guys who are deciding which players to purchase are the members of the board.

So that means they'll see everything at the club with their eyes of businessmen ; not through football eyes like we do. I'll try and illustrate what I mean. When they buy a player for £40m, they considere that he will play right away like a £40m player, no matter what. They do not take into consideration that this player could only be potential and that we pay for what he can be in the future. They do not take into consideration that he could need time to be used to the league, the team, to the play we play. They do not take into consideration that if he's out of position, then he will underperform. They do not take into consideration that he could not be suited to our other players. And I could go on...

Hence, this summer they spend around £80m on four players. That's a big amount of money. The team have been heavily strengthened especially in term of money spend. So, to their eyes, that should be enough. Furthermore we already have a £50m wonder-horse in the team. That squad is expensive — so in term of money-money, the team is good enough to compete in all those competitions. But they did forgot to take into consideration that players are human beings. They are humans who evolve ; who can have some days off ; who can flop or be a hit ; etc...They are managing this club as if it was a FIFA game.

That's wherein lies the problem. The club is run by non-football people. That is why they failed to conceive that our squad was not good enough to compete in 7 competitions but above all they failed to conceive that this squad didn't have enough depth. This is also the reason why three summers ago, they failed to replace Carvalho, Deco, Ballack and Belleti — for them Bruma, Kakuta, Van Aaholt and Borini where good enough to take over those very good players. This is why we started the season with only striker — well, if we could name that a "striker".

We do need to get ride of those yes-men. We need to hire football men. That's all.

:clap:

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's clear, at the start of the season we were bound to play a lot of games — even more than usual. It was plain to see, since we were engaged in 7 competitions.

So why did they not provided a squad good enough to compete for all those games ? Actually they did — at least into their opinion. The board is compound of yes-men coming from the business world. They know their shit when it comes to win money ; but they don't know jack when it comes to football matters. And unfortunately, the guys who are deciding which players to purchase are the members of the board.

So that means they'll see everything at the club with their eyes of businessmen ; not through football eyes like we do. I'll try and illustrate what I mean. When they buy a player for £40m, they considere that he will play right away like a £40m player, no matter what. They do not take into consideration that this player could only be potential and that we pay for what he can be in the future. They do not take into consideration that he could need time to be used to the league, the team, to the play we play. They do not take into consideration that if he's out of position, then he will underperform. They do not take into consideration that he could not be suited to our other players. And I could go on...

Hence, this summer they spend around £80m on four players. That's a big amount of money. The team have been heavily strengthened especially in term of money spend. So, to their eyes, that should be enough. Furthermore we already have a £50m wonder-horse in the team. That squad is expensive — so in term of money-money, the team is good enough to compete in all those competitions. But they did forgot to take into consideration that players are human beings. They are humans who evolve ; who can have some days off ; who can flop or be a hit ; etc...They are managing this club as if it was a FIFA game.

That's wherein lies the problem. The club is run by non-football people. That is why they failed to conceive that our squad was not good enough to compete in 7 competitions but above all they failed to conceive that this squad didn't have enough depth. This is also the reason why three summers ago, they failed to replace Carvalho, Deco, Ballack and Belleti — for them Bruma, Kakuta, Van Aaholt and Borini where good enough to take over those very good players. This is why we started the season with only striker — well, if we could name that a "striker".

We do need to get ride of those yes-men. We need to hire football men. That's all.

So much written but....?

What makes you think they all see it as businessmen ?

The next 3-4 games will be crucial for our aspirations to finish top4.

It is the most important thing for us right now, people who say we need to be left out of UCL so we can reflect on our errors are totally clueless. They will be the first ones to moan about the consequences in the summer!

WE. MIUST. FINISH. TOP. 4!

No, nobody is doing so.

0-1 vs QPR

0-2 vs Swansea

2-2 vs Southampton

0-0 @ Swansea

2-2 @ Brentford

2-2 @ Reading

2-3 @ Newcastle

1-1 vs Sparta Prague

0-2 @ City

Keep in mind: These are 9 out of 15 games from January and February so far. We've been dropping points or been playing badly in games that we could have, sometimes even should have won.

You can look at these result the way you want but you can't deny that this team is far from having a secure spot in the Top-4. We simply lack the depth and quality to be sure about reaching a CL spot.

I believe you're right.

The next 3-4 games will be crucial for our aspirations to finish top4.

It is the most important thing for us right now, people who say we need to be left out of UCL so we can reflect on our errors are totally clueless. They will be the first ones to moan about the consequences in the summer!

WE. MIUST. FINISH. TOP. 4!

So I'm totally clueless because I suggested to you in another thread that maybe missing out on the CL might not be the worst thing in the world? At least have the bottle to say what you mean.

If Chelsea are not to finish in top four, players who are willing to sign for the club may change their mind.

Anyone should be able to see the consequence of such a disaster or perhaps some do not see it ?

I understand perfectly, and that might force us to use the likes of Lukaku and De Bruyne and even Chalobah. Bayern went through this in 2007 and they've come out of it pretty well haven't they?

It might give us the chance to build properly, rather than trying to repair a ship built in 2005. As I've sad elsewhere, it might give us a chance to lose some of the deadwood in both the club and the support.

I understand perfectly, and that might force us to use the likes of Lukaku and De Bruyne and even Chalobah. Bayern went through this in 2007 and they've come out of it pretty well haven't they?

It might give us the chance to build properly, rather than trying to repair a ship built in 2005. As I've sad elsewhere, it might give us a chance to lose some of the deadwood in both the club and the support.

I agree with your assumption but...who is going to do all that ?

As you know, I was & still am against some of those player loans.

I am afraid, there is no one at Chelsea who could help to rebuild the club. Will Roman fire some of those responsible for the current affairs ? That´s is the most important matter at the club, I feel.

We both know, money is no object, but proper management is.

That's something I don't understand as well, it isn't the end of the world if we manage outside the top 4, rather a step forward in transition, (given the right management that is,) to focus on the new spine and generation that is currently being developed.

Liverpool failed to do so due to failing to replace class players at the time. Torres (LAWL) for Carroll (Double Lawl), Alonso and Macherano for Henderson and John Joe Shevely, Aurelio for Enrique, Hypia for Skrtel, etc.

We have a bright generation of players with us as well as promising prospects in the academy, something Liverpool didn't have. As only place to be stated, Bayern were in a similar situation and produced top talents because of it.

Our board has successfully managed to focus on this aspect but has completely abandoned our current situation which has led us to this decline, stability+attacking Depth+Quality Central Midfielder

The Vast Possibilities of our Great Future Will Become Realities only if We make Ourselves responsible for that future.