Forget sacking Rafa its a new board we need

Realistically, we fans have very very little influence on the club. I would love to have a new board with all the mistakes that this one has made and is making, but we can talk about all day, but as long as Roman is happy with the current board, we won't get a new one.

I don't know who you'd want to hire on the board who you think could do a better job. Look at what we've done in terms of youth recruitment. Look at what we've done in terms of making a profit. Look at the corporate deals brokered in just the last year. Look at what the club has done to try and find a new location for a stadium. Oh, and look at last May.

Like I said earlier, it's very easy for football fans to say 'sack the board' but unless they know exactly who they want gone and why, and who they want to replace him then it's utterly meaningless.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The fans are to incite the team on but not tell him how to run his business.

In that case, they should be paying us to go to games, not the other way around.

I don't know who you'd want to hire on the board who you think could do a better job. Look at what we've done in terms of youth recruitment. Look at what we've done in terms of making a profit. Look at the corporate deals brokered in just the last year. Look at what the club has done to try and find a new location for a stadium. Oh, and look at last May.

Like I said earlier, it's very easy for football fans to say 'sack the board' but unless they know exactly who they want gone and why, and who they want to replace him then it's utterly meaningless.

Not saying I want anyone in specific. I hardly know the names of any of the people on boards of other clubs. I do think, however, that our board keeps mishandling situations and maybe we should be making some changes.

Personally, I feel the team will be in much turmoil in the summer.

Many fans are fed up with the way Torres has been handled. Recently, we heard very vociferous boos at the stadium.

Fans are very discontented with his performances over the 2 years. Many want him to leave. If Roman is not careful here, it may backfire on him. Season tickets, attendance may drop...

Also, he must think over the matter with Frankie. I can not imagine if Frank signs with MUni & shows up at Stamford. Perhaps, a riot might ensue ?

Not saying I want anyone in specific. I hardly know the names of any of the people on boards of other clubs. I do think, however, that our board keeps mishandling situations and maybe we should be making some changes.

See I think it's very easy to blame them when things go wrong and not give them credit when they do something right. I also think football fans are by and large prisoners of the moment and very reactionary. A few months ago they were brilliant after they acted decisively to remove AVB, put in place someone else and won us the FA Cup, Champions League and FA Youth Cup, before taking the club to profitability. Now they're like a 'cyst' (apparently) and need to be attacked with cricket bats.

Of course no-one can actually say who they'd put in place instead or what they'd want done differently.

Boards are very rarely popular at clubs and that's not likely to change anytime soon. The best thing they can do is ignore the criticism and stick to their long-term plan.

See I think it's very easy to blame them when things go wrong and not give them credit when they do something right. I also think football fans are by and large prisoners of the moment and very reactionary. A few months ago they were brilliant after they acted decisively to remove AVB, put in place someone else and won us the FA Cup, Champions League and FA Youth Cup, before taking the club to profitability. Now they're like a 'cyst' (apparently) and need to be attacked with cricket bats.

I personally didn't think they were brilliant when they sacked AVB, even after winning the CL. Yes we got short term results but the long term plan was screwed and we can see the effects of that with the sacking of RDM and the current fiasco under Rafa. And frankly, if the club doesn't make profit the year that it wins the CL then it is in deep trouble. I do think thy have done brilliantly with the sponsorship deals, especially over the last year or so.But the thing with the board is, the positives do not justify the negatives.

Just now, I read Torres keeps telling others he wished he was still at Liverpool. In training he appears to be disinterested.

Well, here we go. More fucking problems in the dressing room.

The mood is militant again.

Now, my question. How does Rafa motivates the others under this circumstance ?

I personally didn't think they were brilliant when they sacked AVB, even after winning the CL. Yes we got short term results but the long term plan was screwed and we can see the effects of that with the sacking of RDM and the current fiasco under Rafa. And frankly, if the club doesn't make profit the year that it wins the CL then it is in deep trouble. I do think thy have done brilliantly with the sponsorship deals, especially over the last year or so.But the thing with the board is, the positives do not justify the negatives.

AVB lost everyone at the club, from the youth players to the reserve team right up to the senior squad. They had no option - it was his personality that fucked him over. Now that might be something he learns from and becomes a better manager for, but he simply wasn't a very good man manager in his time at Chelsea. His position became utterly untenable. I think the re-adjustments for the long-term have been pretty good actually, although it's hard to judge it properly until summer.

It's also very easy to say we should make a profit when we win the CL, but we have had huge outgoings for the last decade so there's really nothing to say we should be profitable especially when you compare our revenue streams (particularly matchday income) to other clubs.

Just now, I read Torres keeps telling others he wished he was still at Liverpool. In training he appears to be disinterested.

He plays his best team, focuses on the league and then leaves. He also has to bring Terry back into the team as soon as possible I think and marginalise Torres.

I get what you're saying,but even as a squad player, we should be aiming a lot higher..

Also if we're in need of options we should be bringing back the likes of Mceachran, KDB, Chalobah, Kakuta etc not buying an average play like James Morrison.

McEachran and Chalobah aren't ready, I mean being a virtual starter in Championship at 18 is not enough. And no need to burn them out so early in their careers by giving a rotation role they're not able to afford.

Kakuta shows good things at Vitesse it seems but he doesn't broadly offers more than Marin. KdB is on loan at Bremen, does good things but not ready yet to earn his place on the wings, let alone at CM (even if I'm convinced he'll do in the future).

Our team is massively inexperienced, that's the reasons of our recent flaws

AVB lost everyone at the club, from the youth players to the reserve team right up to the senior squad. They had no option - it was his personality that fucked him over. Now that might be something he learns from and becomes a better manager for, but he simply wasn't a very good man manager in his time at Chelsea. His position became utterly untenable. I think the re-adjustments for the long-term have been pretty good actually, although it's hard to judge it properly until summer.

It's also very easy to say we should make a profit when we win the CL, but we have had huge outgoings for the last decade so there's really nothing to say we should be profitable especially when you compare our revenue streams (particularly matchday income) to other clubs.

He plays his best team, focuses on the league and then leaves. He also has to bring Terry back into the team as soon as possible I think and marginalise Torres.

Since Rafa is facing discontentment at the club by many players who are fed up with Ferda how does he motivates them to play well ?

I have said for over a year, Ferda is the biggest obstacle of this club.

I just pray Roman orders to sell this dimwit. Today, I read he´s even disinterested to train. It certainly effect others to see it. Just dump him for any amount. Roman can survive even with a loss.

McEachran and Chalobah aren't ready, I mean being a virtual starter in Championship at 18 is not enough. And no need to burn them out so early in their careers by giving a rotation role they're not able to afford.

Kakuta shows good things at Vitesse it seems but he doesn't broadly offers more than Marin. KdB is on loan at Bremen, does good things but not ready yet to earn his place on the wings, let alone at CM (even if I'm convinced he'll do in the future).

Our team is massively inexperienced, that's the reasons of our recent flaws

I couldn't give two flying tosses about what they've done in the Championship. Loans, loans, loans it's all nonsense. Either give them a run in the first team or tell them to piss off. The only way they'll ever make it at Chelsea is if they are given games here not at clubs like Boro and Watford. Premier League clubs can't be trusted either, look at what happened with McEachran and Kakuta, they just rotted on the bench. All those minutes at Swansea for Josh would have been better here at Chelsea.

Throw them in the deep end or throw them out. That's my philosophy.

Fucking muppets running this club.

Fine him, stick him in the wilderness with Malouda and then offload him in the summer... I'd fine him every week - so we don't pay him anything until the end of the season. Fuck the LMA !!!

Bring Walcott in and maybe some other players... and we'll easily make the CL spot.

Sign Falcao in the summer = Job Done...

Now - how difficult was that? It also sends a clear message to the players - don't get too fucking big for your boots... I like that about SAF - he's the boss and the players know it...

Throw them in the deep end or throw them out. That's my philosophy.

I would certainly like to see a lot more of this. The simple fact is that what we've done in the last decade hasn't worked. John Terry had one loan spell in which he played 6 games for Forest. Lampard had 9 games at Swansea.

What we need is someone prepared to give them a chance. I've been happy with the loans Chalobah and McEachran got because they simply won't see any here, but we have to really start using the academy effectively.

Fine him, stick him in the wilderness with Malouda and then offload him in the summer... I'd fine him every week - so we don't pay him anything until the end of the season. Fuck the LMA !!!

Bring Walcott in and maybe some other players... and we'll easily make the CL spot.

Sign Falcao in the summer = Job Done...

Now - how difficult was that? It also sends a clear message to the players - don't get too fucking big for your boots... I like that about SAF - he's the boss and the players know it...

Well, I like your tough approach. Just one thing I am not sure of. What does it say in his astronomical contract ?

Some might think, your way is that easy ?

The issue is always the same, you can't play more than a couple of youngster if you want to challenge for titles.

Just look at where comes from the U21 National Teams players all over Europe: mid table clubs, often 2nd division. Ones who plays in big clubs earn their call ups on their reputation, not weekly game time

@, Kakuta and Josh's loans were to contextualize considering both were loaned to a midtable club who could afford 4 or 5 players in his position back then (Gera, Dempsey, A Johnson, Dembélé) and the other was expected to play where Sigurdsson was in the form of his life.

But basically that just proves they weren't regarded by Premier League managers to start games in mid-table. And some still expect them to be 3rd choice at Chelsea in their respective positions

The issue is always the same, you can't play more than a couple of youngster if you want to challenge for titles.

Just look at where comes from the U21 National Teams players all over Europe: mid table clubs, often 2nd division. Ones who plays in big clubs earn their call ups on their reputation, not weekly game time

@, Kakuta and Josh's loans were to contextualize considering both were loaned to a midtable club who could afford 4 or 5 players in his position back then (Gera, Dempsey, A Johnson, Dembélé) and the other was expected to play where Sigurdsson was in the form of his life.

But basically that just proves they weren't regarded by Premier League managers to start games in mid-table. And some still expect them to be 3rd choice at Chelsea in their respective positions

I think it more means that they'd rather rely on a player that is owned by the club rather than a loanee that will just leave in a few months. And a club can't cut a profit from a loanee.

I hate loans. Stupid concept.