Stoke City 0-4 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

145 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

I'm not sure which particular moments made me think this, but this game seemed to bring out more emotion (happiness) and togetherness as a group of friends and not just fellow professional footballers from our players when compared to other wins. I thought that Hazard, Azpi etc. would take at least a season to start looking comfortable around everyone else as that's what happens with City & PSG and their shopping sprees, but yeah, I was pleasantly surprised to see such togetherness.

This season has been incredibly rough since we've lost out on sooo many trophies, but it looks like we're going to have something very special soon.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow I said he had an average game, which I just upgraded to good!

My opinion, like it or not, was that he gave the ball away far too much - when receiving passes - first touch, balance, awareness and ability to receive under pressure are all things he needs to learn...

He's not Messi - not even close, but is a great young prospect, who will get better and better.

I'm just being objective about his performance - please don't confuse with critical!

Do you dare to say he performs as a young prospect? I will ask just this ONE question?

Also, If yes: how do you quallify the performances of the rest of the team then? Is he 'young prospect wise' (which he is purely based on age') someone who is carrying the team somewhat? If yes, don't be to harsh, Muzchap. What young prospect aged 21 does what Hazard does now? He is doing great and you might feel your criticsm is justified, but its a little out of place after this game. He knows there are areas to be enhanced for sure. Is Lamps perfect? Was Drogba absent some games? Even Zola, some had a go when playing not so well. Today, I have seen a 21 year old fight against a very physical, hard side. He did really well.

Relax :-). We have a team filled with good players. Think: new manager with. Visio, extra striker(s), pivot, solve the leadership issue next year. These items are much more debatable than Hazards errors (or even Oscars ..... Or Marins when he will start to play , Muzchap - i could quote Bremens forum on how they see his youth errors there)

Off to the bong. Peace!

The only reason I don't think Lamps deserves MOTM is the same reason I don't think he deserved it against Everton - for the first half-hour we were pretty awful and kept losing the ball from midfield. Luis did a great job marshalling the defence and made some Terry-esque front post clearances. He was the one playing it out of defence with a sense of calm.

Frank worked his socks off though and it was good to see him score his goal. I just don't know if we can be so loose in the first 30 minutes of games.

That's why I gave Luiz the motm award on this forum.

He made a lot of interceptions, cutting as you say in the front post, one of his best defensive play I've seen from him this season.

Oh also - Since it looks almost definite that Lampard is leaving, it seems to have completely raised his level so he can give his absolute best in the little time he has left with us. If someone else was being pushed out the club (Malouda, Torres, whoever), I'm positive they wouldn't even show half the heart of determination Lamps is still showing. It's only now finally sinking in how much he'll be missed. Best midfielder ever IMO. Do not care about passing stats, tackling stats, whatever. He is simply the best I've ever seen.

I'm not saying he's been flawless, because he has lost possession quite often during his past few games, but his positioning is tip-top and his vision is crazy-good at times.

I don't think anybody is giving Hazard 'unfair love'

All I and some others have said is that he lost the ball a few too many times? But hey, if we cannot be objective about our players it wouldn't be a forum right? Because its starting to feel like a Hazard Facebook page - nobody is immune from objective, rational opinions...

Fact: check the forum then. Since Hazard is here, his thread looks like a battlefield of criticisms. Your statement that this forum is a Hazard facebook page is a little off - propaganda wise. So nah.

Still, respect!

Again, I have no idea how you can even bring up Marin. Hazard if is getting unfair love from others, he's at least earned a bit of that. Marin has done jack shit so far. You think instead of Lamps it was Torres today missing those chances he would have still had a shot at MOTM? You gotta earn that shit.

It's more than that. Lampard should have scored on one of those, but...I was never upset at Torres for missing those sort of chances. If you do the technical things right and you're finishing is just a little off, it's OK. Lampard got into good positions, shot quickly, and got both shots with decent pace on net forcing two very good saves. The problems with Torres are that 1) He doesn't get into those positions. He would have been standing somewhere 20 feet away. 2) He wouldn't have shot right away. He would have tried to do that stupid crossover thing to try to get a shot on an empty goal which the defender would have knocked away or the keeper would have smothered. 3) Had he got the shot off, it would have missed the target, and maybe, if we were lucky, we'd get a corner off a deflection. It's the difference between doing things right and missing on the execution and just doing things all wrong.

I'm currently on a 12 hour possession shift on the London Underground railways. The day could not get any worse, my boss is a complete asshole and just when I think it's time to top myself on my lunch break I check to see Chels. 4-0 against Stoke away is a great result and suddenly I'm not feeling so bad anymore. Fuck you Boss you can't break me now!

Hold on, be strong :)

Do you dare to say he performs as a young prospect? I will ask just this ONE question?

Also, If yes: how do you quallify the performances of the rest of the team then? Is he 'young prospect wise' (which he is purely based on age') someone who is carrying the team somewhat? If yes, don't be to harsh, Muzchap. What young prospect aged 21 does what Hazard does now? He is doing great and you might feel your criticsm is justified, but its a little out of place after this game. He knows there are areas to be enhanced for sure. Is Lamps perfect? Was Drogba absent some games? Even Zola, some had a go when playing not so well. Today, I have seen a 21 year old fight against a very physical, hard side. He did really well.

Relax :-). We have a team filled with good players. Think: new manager with. Visio, extra striker(s), pivot, solve the leadership issue next year. These items are much more debatable than Hazards errors (or even Oscars ..... Or Marins when he will start to play , Muzchap - i could quote Bremens forum on how they see his youth errors there)

Off to the bong. Peace!

Love the post, enjoy the bong ;)

Hazard won us our first 4 games - he's been exceptional - all I was saying was to be truly World Class performer, sometimes just receiving the ball and holding onto it, is enough ;)

I think next year we will truly be unstoppable - with a few summer additions :)

Fact: check the forum then. Since Hazard is here, his thread looks like a battlefield of criticisms. Your statement that this forum is a Hazard facebook page is a little off - propaganda wise. So nah.

Still, respect!

Yeah there's been some Brazil vs Belgium shit going on, but nobody can deny he is the real deal.

I think it's a credit to him, that some expect more!!!!

I still think he's got a lot to give and as long as he does this in a Chelsea shirt, long may it continue :)

I admit he frustrates me sometimes, but going back to my 2nd line - it's his own fault lol :)

People are ripping each other's heads off but come to think of it - isn't it great to have atleast 3 MOTM candidates and none of them being Mata for a change?

Excellent post ;)

Don't think we're exactly ripping heads off - just trying to be objective ;)

Hazard has been great and long may it continue - just I was a little disappointed with 'ball retention' - but like I continuously said - he will learn that :) and it's not every week we play stoke :)

It's win like this that makes you wonder how on earth we thrashed Leeds and Southampton 5-1, Stoke 4-0 and beat Everton all away from home and then go and lose to QPR and Swansea at home?! :doh:

Our record record under Benitez in all competitions - P15 W9 D2 L4.

Home - P6 W2 D2 L2 F14 A4

Away - P9 W7 L2 F22 A9

That was not a great performance, what are you guys thinking?

It was a great result and I will happily accept it at any day. However, if it wasnt for Walters and a Given Penalty, comments wouldnt be so positive.

We allowed 53% possession to Stoke in the first half, even for an away game it is too much. Bertrand and Ramires were horrible, Mata wasnt being creative and we couldnt complete 4 conssecutive passes. The good about the half was that despite the fact we didnt have control of the game, we still managed to prevent dangerous plays from them. Our center-backs were amazing, always on time and clean (specially David Luiz, he was really good today). Lampard and Hazard were the only ones saving themselves from the midfield up, but still, Frank missed a clear chance and Hazard was alone in the creation. Walters really saved ours asses in the first 45min.

In the second half, things got better and we finally had some ball control. The game had turned around, but there was no really open chances. Chelsea had control of the game but it was Walters who played his part again, 2-0 and no goal from our own players. Only after that we started playing good football. Bertrand and Ramires clamed down, Mata had some freedom, Frank kept his solid game and Hazard started to shine. Then, Mata received a weird penalty (non-existent imo) that Lampard brialliantly converted. From now on the game was already won, Stoke was knocked-out and we kept pushing for another goal (which was great). Lampard had another missed one-on-one chance and Hazard had a magical shot from long range (by the way, first player to score from outside the box against Stoke this season). Terry cameback (huge smile on my face), but made a penalty on Walters and as a true CFC Fan, he isolated it. Nothing impressive: game sealed and a nice result.

Overall, it was a good game but not outstanding. I would understand some praise, but not this immensive positive vibe (half of the predictions prior to the game were for a draw). Luiz or Hazard for MOTM (not really, Walters would be the best option). Lampard was decent (above average) but he should have scored at least once from his chances (imagine if it was Torres)...

That was not a great performance, what are you guys thinking?

It was a great result and I will happily accept it at any day. However, if it wasnt for Walters and a Given Penalty, comments wouldnt be so positive.

We allowed 53% possession to Stoke in the first half, even for an away game it is too much. Bertrand and Ramirez were horrible, Mata wasnt being creative and we couldnt complete 4 conssecutive passes. The good about the half was that despite the fact we didnt have control of the game, we still managed to prevent dangerous plays from them. Our center-backs were amazing, always on time and clean (specially David Luiz, he was really good today). Lampard and Hazard were the only ones saving themselves from the midfield up, but still, Frank missed a clear chance and Hazard was alone in the creation. Walters really saved ours asses in the first 45min.

In the second half, things got better and we finally had some ball control. The game had turned around, but there was no really open chances. Chelsea had control of the game but it was Walters who played his part again, 2-0 and no goal from our own players. Only after that we started playing good football. Bertrand and Ramires clamed down, Mata had some freedom, Frank kept his solid game and Hazard started to shine. Then, Mata received an weird penalty (non-existent imo) that Lampard brialliantly converted. From now on the game was already won, Stoke was knocked-out and we kept pushing for another goal (which is great). Lampard had another missed open chance and Hazard had a magical shot from long range (by the way, first player to score from outside the box against Stoke this season). Terry cameback (huge smile on my face), but made a penalty on Walters and as a true CFC Fan, he isolated it. Nothing impressive: game sealed and a nice result.

Overall, it was a good game but not outstanding. I would understand some praise, but not this immensive positive vibe (half of the predictions prior to the game were for a draw). Luiz or Hazard for MOTM (not really, Walters would be the best option). Lampard was decent (above average) but he should have scored at least once from his chances (imagine if it was Torres)...

I agree that it wasn't a very impressive performace, but there were many positives. And the result itself was great of course.

BUT... they say a team that win even when not playing well is a great team.