Stoke City 0-4 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

145 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

I wouldn't call Hazard performance average, I'd say it was uneven but overall very good. He was brilliant for a lot of the game but was also really poor for parts of it. (which is why people not watching the game were confused by the thread. Posts of "Hazard is amazing" followed by "Hazard is so wasteful"). I would say something similar about Ramires. Very wasteful going forward, but his defensive work was fantastic. He had 7 tackles. Next highest on the team was 2. MOTM was easily Lampard for me. Not only was he involved the first three goals, he was involved in almost every scoring chance Chelsea had. He set up Ba for his shot, he sent a few players into great positions with passes, and he himself had a couple of great chances (he should have scored at least one mind you). Also thought Ba played well, holding up the ball like a striker should and getting into dangerous positions Luiz and Ivanovic looked really solid and as always when he keeps his game in check, Luiz played very well.

Omg out of likes again!!! I'm on a likes ration I think ;(

Yup - I didn't say he was rubbish, just wasnt MOTM - average is probably too critical, good performance is better :)

Yeah Frank is really playing his heart out AND we will miss him, but looks like the decision has been made, so just need to support him for the remaining games and wish him well. It's a testament to him that he's playing with so much passion - even though he knows he's leaving - even more respect for the guy now :)

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is what Pulis said -

The referee gives a penalty at 1-0 and it was offside, it was a good call

What happened there? The ref gave a pen but the linesman flagged an offside?

A Stoke player was sent through on goal and Azpi took him down. It would've been a penalty but he was offside so no penalty.

I might be old. I might be biased. But i have seen a lot of football. The amount of danger he gives + the amount he delivers in games (see stats) is huge. Young ones: focus and be objective. He did well. Period.

Wow I said he had an average game, which I just upgraded to good!

My opinion, like it or not, was that he gave the ball away far too much - when receiving passes - first touch, balance, awareness and ability to receive under pressure are all things he needs to learn...

He's not Messi - not even close, but is a great young prospect, who will get better and better.

I'm just being objective about his performance - please don't confuse with critical!

lol Marin? wtf has Marin done yet in a Chelsea shirt for you to even bring him up

anyways, hazard had very good moments and bad moments as well, he lost possession numerous times but so did Lamps, in the beginning 25-30 minutes other than Luiz everyone was shockingly bad, so I guess if we're going to be overly critical of those things after a 4-0 win then Luiz is MOTM and quite easily

I think just cause we won handsomely today, an attacker deserves MOTM and even though he had some poor play, attacking wise i think he made the biggest contributions so hazard eeks it out for me over Lamps

You're looking at my post wrong, if you're going to just praise Hazard for some good runs and getting involved now and then, then where is the support for Marin?, because when he has played he's done that, he's never necessarily played bad. But he has hardly had any game time. Pre season he looked the boss, against QPR he played well also.

Lampard however ran the game, and had Begovic not of been on steroids he would of easily gotten man of the match.

You're looking at my post wrong, if you're going to just praise Hazard for some good runs and getting involved now and then, then where is the support for Marin?, because when he has played he's done that, he's never necessarily played bad. But he has hardly had any game time. Pre season he looked the boss, against QPR he played well also.

Lampard however ran the game, and had Begovic not of been on steroids he would of easily gotten man of the match.

Again, I have no idea how you can even bring up Marin. Hazard if is getting unfair love from others, he's at least earned a bit of that. Marin has done jack shit so far. You think instead of Lamps it was Torres today missing those chances he would have still had a shot at MOTM? You gotta earn that shit.

Again, I have no idea how you can even bring up Marin. Hazard if is getting unfair love from others, he's at least earned a bit of that. Marin has done jack shit so far. You think instead of Lamps it was Torres today missing those chances he would have still had a shot at MOTM? You gotta earn that shit.

I don't think anybody is giving Hazard 'unfair love'

All I and some others have said is that he lost the ball a few too many times? But hey, if we cannot be objective about our players it wouldn't be a forum right? Because its starting to feel like a Hazard Facebook page - nobody is immune from objective, rational opinions...

Oh my god are you blind mate?, nevermind.

This is what Pulis said -

The referee gives a penalty at 1-0 and it was offside, it was a good call

What happened there? The ref gave a pen but the linesman flagged an offside?

maybe Pullis was annoyed the woman got it spot on. She obviously knew the offside rule better than he did :D

I don't think anybody is giving Hazard 'unfair love'

All I and some others have said is that he lost the ball a few too many times? But hey, if we cannot be objective about our players it wouldn't be a forum right? Because its starting to feel like a Hazard Facebook page - nobody is immune from objective, rational opinions...

While I actually think Hazard had a great game today, I'm gonna give this comment a like because that last sentence is pure good Muzchap.

Also, Hazard does need to learn when to take a touch, when to dribble and when not to etc., but that will come as gains more experience in the Premiership. What we needed from him most today was to be dangerous in and around the box and the opposition's half and I thought he did that splendidly.

The only reason I don't think Lamps deserves MOTM is the same reason I don't think he deserved it against Everton - for the first half-hour we were pretty awful and kept losing the ball from midfield. Luis did a great job marshalling the defence and made some Terry-esque front post clearances. He was the one playing it out of defence with a sense of calm.

Frank worked his socks off though and it was good to see him score his goal. I just don't know if we can be so loose in the first 30 minutes of games.

I'm currently on a 12 hour possession shift on the London Underground railways. The day could not get any worse, my boss is a complete asshole and just when I think it's time to top myself on my lunch break I check to see Chels. 4-0 against Stoke away is a great result and suddenly I'm not feeling so bad anymore. Fuck you Boss you can't break me now!

BTW I agree with those critics on Hazard.

For me he played a better match against Swansea.

Laudrup even changed a player at half time for a more defensive one to double on him as he was running around them in the first 30 minutes. There was often a player with the task to follow him nearly everywhere in the swansea team.