Man of the Match  

145 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW How was Demba Ba?

He was ok. Held up the ball for time to time and did link up plays. Gave A.Cole and Lampard good chances to score, both got saved by excellent Begovic. He outmuscled Huth to have a shot at goal but Begovic saved it. Did a lot of defensive work, especially in the first half,

But you could say the same for Mata, he made some cracking passes and was a major passing threat outside the box. I don't mean to cause shit but Hazard is insanely overrated on this forum sometimes.

If you're going to count good runs and getting involved then look at the types of Marin who gets no credit for stuff like that. But instead gets labeled as a useless player and should be sold.

lol Marin? wtf has Marin done yet in a Chelsea shirt for you to even bring him up

anyways, hazard had very good moments and bad moments as well, he lost possession numerous times but so did Lamps, in the beginning 25-30 minutes other than Luiz everyone was shockingly bad, so I guess if we're going to be overly critical of those things after a 4-0 win then Luiz is MOTM and quite easily

I think just cause we won handsomely today, an attacker deserves MOTM and even though he had some poor play, attacking wise i think he made the biggest contributions so hazard eeks it out for me over Lamps

I really don't understand people who are saying that Hazard and Mata lost too much ball. They are taking risks, so they are expected to lost ball more than Lampard and Ramires. They could play it safe and then we would all be saying that they are shit and simillar things. Hazard was MOTM for me, Ba played good game, I hope he starts against Southampton.

Hmm you're entitled to your opinion like i am - but against Stoke that was a great performance...

Lampard was great today, Hazard gave the ball away soooo much and his goal papered over an average performance.

But it's his first season, he will learn...

:)

I wouldn't call Hazard performance average, I'd say it was uneven but overall very good. He was brilliant for a lot of the game but was also really poor for parts of it. (which is why people not watching the game were confused by the thread. Posts of "Hazard is amazing" followed by "Hazard is so wasteful"). I would say something similar about Ramires. Very wasteful going forward, but his defensive work was fantastic. He had 7 tackles. Next highest on the team was 2. MOTM was easily Lampard for me. Not only was he involved the first three goals, he was involved in almost every scoring chance Chelsea had. He set up Ba for his shot, he sent a few players into great positions with passes, and he himself had a couple of great chances (he should have scored at least one mind you). Also thought Ba played well, holding up the ball like a striker should and getting into dangerous positions Luiz and Ivanovic looked really solid and as always when he keeps his game in check, Luiz played very well.

I really don't understand people who are saying that Hazard and Mata lost too much ball. They are taking risks, so they are expected to lost ball more than Lampard and Ramires. They could play it safe and then we would all be saying that they are shit and simillar things. Hazard was MOTM for me, Ba played good game, I hope he starts against Southampton.

Read what people said - it was receiving the ball where they mostly fucked up under pressure...

They need to learn to deal with the physical side of the game

Nobody is saying they were shit, just it needs improving :)

Everybody did a great job, win as a team, lose as a team (except Torres who's still a cunt) :)

I have no problem with him losing the ball trying to beat a player

What I'm talking about is not being able to receive a pass, mis control under pressure and lose possession - that happened a lot!!!

Like I said he will learn, not every week you play rugby instead of football :)

I might be old. I might be biased. But i have seen a lot of football. The amount of danger he gives + the amount he delivers in games (see stats) is huge. Young ones: focus and be objective. He did well. Period.