Stoke City 0-4 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

145 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

lol Marin? wtf has Marin done yet in a Chelsea shirt for you to even bring him up

anyways, hazard had very good moments and bad moments as well, he lost possession numerous times but so did Lamps, in the beginning 25-30 minutes other than Luiz everyone was shockingly bad, so I guess if we're going to be overly critical of those things after a 4-0 win then Luiz is MOTM and quite easily

I think just cause we won handsomely today, an attacker deserves MOTM and even though he had some poor play, attacking wise i think he made the biggest contributions so hazard eeks it out for me over Lamps

Though I don't totally agree with Kojo (I think he's a bit too harsh on Hazard's game today), I do think Marin has some qualities you can use and he deserves more chances than given now. And how on earth do I include the quote you quoted (the one from Kojo). I just can't seem to figure it out :).

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We'll keep being low on possession (for a top team) until we sign an actual playmaker.

Mata is not a playmaker, Oscar isn't a playmaker (both are attacking midfielders who are given playmaking roles - but definitely not natural playmakers), Hazard likes to be a playmaker but is better given an inside-forward or winger role - So: Benat, Benat, Benat, Benat, Benat please. :wub:

Before Pirlo arrived at Juventus, they would rarely have above 50% possession. Now they have around 70% each game. We need that Pirlo type of player to take us to the next level (which is the level to stay in the top 4 with considerable ease; we then need to raise to one more level to compete for the title again IMO.)

Excuse me dear, what stuff from Marin?

TBF with you, I think there's a reason why he's not playing. The coach works with these guys every day and he probably knows that there are better players in the squad.

Hahahaha belgian, typical eh.

Ridiculous to say Hazard being MOTM, cos apart from his goal he was shit, as was Mata, who even though probably got 4 assists, even though he knew nothing about them. Our Defence really stood strong. the penalty against JT was soft, the ref tried his best to stop us, but his assistant and Walters had other plans. To continue this illogical run under Benitez we now will go on to lose at home against Arsenal but thrash Swansea to get to the Carling Cup final only to lose there against Bradford.

We'll keep being low on possession (for a top team) until we sign an actual playmaker.

Mata is not a playmaker, Oscar isn't a playmaker (both are attacking midfielders who are given playmaking roles - but definitely not natural playmakers), Hazard likes to be a playmaker but is better given an inside-forward or winger role - So: Benat, Benat, Benat, Benat, Benat please. :wub:

Before Pirlo arrived at Juventus, they would rarely have above 50% possession. Now they have around 70% each game. We need that Pirlo type of player to take us to the next level (which is the level to stay in the top 4 with considerable ease; we then need to raise to one more level to compete for the title again IMO.)

But Benat's stats don't suggest he is the 'possession guy' we need, and to say that Mata and Oscar aren't playmakers is either completely fucking ridiculous or simply you using a very, very specific meaning of the word 'playmaker'.

I agree we need a deep-lying playmaker but this Benat guy (always nice to learn the phrase 'flavour of the month' in a new language) doesn't seem to be the guy we need. I'd rather us pay more and get Modric, or simply try someone like Oscar there when he has every single tool that you'd want.

Are we the most inconsistent club or what? The last few games we've won bar Everton, we've absolutely battered them, then we lose to teams like qpr, then woah, we win 4-0.

Massive ups and downs in the passed 4 or 5 weeks

Daaamn he has become much better at English, what an intelligent fella. BTW maybe it's only me but I noticed a huge difference between Ba and Torres even though the former didn't have a goal or big chances. You could tell we were playing with 11 men and that there was a possibility for a link-up from midfield to Ba for a goalscoring opportunity whereas Torres was his usual useless self. His challenging against Wilkinson near the right corner was totally pathetic and embarassing.

Are we the most inconsistent club or what? The last few games we've won bar Everton, we've absolutely battered them, then we lose to teams like qpr, then woah, we win 4-0.

Massive ups and downs in the passed 4 or 5 weeks

Hate to say it, but we are starting to look like Arsenal...

It's win like this that makes you wonder how on earth we thrashed Leeds and Southampton 5-1, Stoke 4-0 and beat Everton all away from home and then go and lose to QPR and Swansea at home?! :doh:

Our record record under Benitez in all competitions - P15 W9 D2 L4.

Home - P6 W2 D2 L2 F14 A4

Away - P9 W7 L2 F22 A9

Said it before, the boos at home are having their effect :fainthv9:

Said it before, the boos at home are having their effect :fainthv9:

This is the narrative people want to go with, but it's not true. Supporters were booing us at home because we are playing horrible, not the reverse. If is it the indeed the case that the occasional chant causes our players such distress that they can't perform well enough to beat QPR or Swansea at home, then we are doomed.

This is the narrative people want to go with, but it's not true. Supporters were booing us at home because we are playing horrible, not the reverse. If is it the indeed the case that the occasional chant causes our players such distress that they can't perform well enough to beat QPR or Swansea at home, then we are doomed.

We have been much confortable away from home, no pressure on the players.

Our supporters are supposed to help the team not help the away support. An example was against stoke, we were terrible in the first 28mins, if the fans started booing then we could have lost morale and lost again. Our young team don't have the mental strength lampard, terry, ballack, makelele and drogba have.