Youth players with biggest potentials?

BlueLyon

So, which players from our youth academy have most chances to suceed in our team (or if we sell them, elsewhere)?

Only players from our youth team count. That means no Oscar, Kdb, Hazard, Moses, Azpi,...

Personaly, I put my hopes on Feruz, Chalobah, Josh and Piazon. Kalas, Ake perhaps and maybe Wallace (he counts as he was just 18 when he arrived).

The point is that we need to give them play time and right now, Feruz (striker) does not have some big competition and could get a chance sooner than later. I realy hope he becomes our next big thing along with Chalobah and Josh. (Makes mw think of Terry, Lamps and Drogba :) )

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Feruz, Piazon, Bruma, Patrick Van Anholt, Chalobah (looked like a first team player in pre-season) and Pappoe (not sure about the spelling).

I'm a believer that we will have one of the most exciting young teams within the next few years, once we get rid of the deadwood.

I think Chalobah has to be the player with the biggest potential currently - the fact that he is only 18 and is a first choice regular at a good Championship club is very promising and I wouldn't be surprised to see him ply his trade next season for either a top Championship club or lower end Premiership club on loan. The following season from that he should be aiming for the first team squad.

I think Kalas and McEachran also have potential as, similar to Chalobah, both have made the most of loan spells and seem to be developing nicely.

I'm also very interested to see how Feruz develops - he already looks a real predator in front of goal.

Of course all we are talking about at the moment is potential. The transition to first team is hard enough but when you are talking about one of the biggest teams in world football you have to fulfil your potential to become a special talent.

Courtois - already arguably one of the top 15 keepers in Europe.

Blackman - a decent English backup; Hilario's replacement probably

Ake - Looks like Ruud, moves like Ruud, has all the talent just needs a bit more nastiness/alertness about him

Chalobah - just a class above at every level he's played at. Has the 'x'factor. Hopefully a future Chelsea captain. Sky's the limit.

Kalas - Assured, classy player. Very similar to Ivanovic and probably needs a loan in this country for at least a season.

John Swift - seems to get overlooked by I've always been impressed with him. Reminds me a little of a young Lamps.

Loftus-Cheek - Looks a bit like Chalobah but not as good in all honesty. Could still be a good player though.

Feruz - Another player with 'it'. Confident, fast, strong, hard-working, good finisher. Could live up to the Scottish Rooney tag.

Plus you've got the De Bruynes and McEachrans who could all be top class but are more established. There's also the Bogas, Huntes and Musondas who are all still young but are very highly-regarded.

The key to all of this is getting a system that promotes and trust the young players and for that we need stability and a manager prepared to put them in the team.

We have some of the most exciting Young players, including the likes of KDB and curtois but as you said not counting them. I would have to say I am really looking forward to seeing chalobah coming up (hopefully a future captain and the man to follow in JT's footsteps). Josh is a good player but i don't feel he will make it here tbh. He will probably end up going elsewhwere and make a name for himself as a bit of a scotty parker type of player. Piazon needs to bulk up a little bit as he looked a bit lost when he got a rare start for us but time is on his side and he is still young. Kalas is another interesting talent who we willl need to keep a close eye on. Bruma has the potential but is not on the level as the likes of chalobah at the moment in my opinion.

All in all, the future looks extremely bright however i do worry a lot of these wuality youngsters will get lost as a lot tend to do as we go for proven success and buy in the talent than trust our yungsters which can be a real shame... Hopefully a lot of these get a good chance and can make the first team... And especiallu Chalobah who i would love to see start integrated into the first team for the 2014/15 season and our next long term captain, as he is quality at the moment and will hopefully keep getting better and better.

I will be extremely happy if only Courtois, Chalobah, KDB and Piazon turn out to be great.

I know we have more young promissing players than the 4 above, but I am not expecting more than 3-4 great players in a 5 year time, most of the prospects don't end up living up to the hype (happens in every team).

I will be extremely happy if only Courtois, Chalobah, KDB and Piazon turn out to be great.

I know we have more young promissing players than the 4 above, but I am not expecting more than 3-4 great players in a 5 year time, most of the prospects don't end up living up to the hype (happens in every team).

I think Courtois is already a great player.

I think Courtois is already a great player.

I know, but he still needs to prove himself at Chelsea.

Sometimes things just don't work out, so there are still reasons to be concerned...