Man of the Match  

135 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup agree 100% in some other posts you may have seen me saying exactly that.. What is our style, our shape etc - we are a collection of players thrown on a pitch, that doesn't make a team.

I don't think except Michu there is one other Swansea player who would start for us, but they play as a team are well organised and fair play to them. That's what we need - I said it first post of match thread.

I'm almost writing this season off TBH - 4th is now the only priority, everything else can fuck off :)

We need big changes in the summer, just hope we have enough in the tank to finish 4th

exactly! that's what we should have done, play as a compact unit because it's way too early to depend on oscar and hazard who are still in their early 20's to lift the team by themselves while Mata has done exceptionally well to be playing on the same excellent level from the start of the season for a player who's been playing non stop for 2 years.

you are right, 4th place looks like an achievement and it will won't be an easy task.

Please delete the Torres thread on here. To get rid of this cancer, his removable has to be gradual - starting with erasing any evidence or history of him on this site.

When the history books are written, they will say that it was "some Spanish guy" who won that corner in Munich and nothing more. Seeing, writing, hearing his name genuinely makes me feel uncomfortable.

Luckily there is the second leg - so i remain hopeful. All in all.. bad day for Ivanovic, put the 2 goals on a silver plate for Swansea. Though, the main worry is that we missed 4-5 sitters. Might argue that Torres was the culprit, in fact he was utterly useless, but we just didn't take the 100% chances - our own fault. Well done to Swansea for using our mistakes to their advantage both time. Can't say the better team won, because we did dominate, but in the end of the day the end score counts. So much possession and pressure from our side.. now I know what it feels to be a Barca fan and lose. Remain hopeful but it will be hell of a tougher job in Liberty Stadium, fingers crossed.

MOTM for me was Hazard, Mata was uncharacteristically wasteful. Luiz did brilliantly in the first half,, second half average, can remember a few interceptions but also a sniper rifle bullet aimed towards the stands. Our fullbacks are put into a situation constantly where they have to make a cross to the box from a very tight angle. At the end we actually had someone to attack them and very nearly got a goal. Demba did good when he came on and imho it was a penalty. The boos for Torres was deafening, hope it gives out a message for matches to come.

Abramovich has no-one to blame but himself. If he wants to sack someone for lack of trophies he should sack himself for continually making every manager play Torres.

Can you even prove that Abramovic forces the managers to play Torres?

all I'm saying is that Luiz is being given far too much freedom, which affects our build up and most of the time render mata and hazard trivial not to mention we have a striker who doesnt know how to create any proper movement off the ball. so it is a lost cause. all this being said while losing to two teams we should be beating with style, no big teams yet.

also, it is a real shame that after acquiring all those creative players, only to ask a CB who is playing as a CDM to create chances for the team. sadly, the team has no strategy or plan when playing just depending on individual brilliance from either Mata, Hazard or one of the CB's to win us a game. pre-season was just a waste of time

Luiz played well tonight but one thing that I did notice was that earlier in the season when we played with two from Lampard, Mikel and Ramires, then Mata would be the one picking up the ball and dictating things for the team. I think it can be pretty safely assumed as fact that he is the best player in our team to be pulling the strings.

However when Luiz plays (certainly tonight), it does seem to stifle Mata who doesn't enjoy as much space as he gets from deep.

Yup think target is £60.00 month that's £720 year - plus other bits bobs... So call it £1k

Last month £7 was donated shortfall of £53 - had to come out of Jims pocket!

I admit I didn't give money last month as was and still am pissed at being given what I feel to be an unfair warning...

But, after a strop, happy to help this place going - we have so many members 50p month would more than cover it

Or - maybe we create a buy/sell thread on here and TC take a % of each sale to help fund? That worked for a small company called eBay? :)

Anyway, lots of tech AND commercial options here - so don't worry like CFC we will progress :)

Typical 1st world phsycology for you mate, people complaining about a server what they don't even have to pay for. No one ever looks at it two ways do they.

we did play some excellent close control football ,,,Unlucky that Bran made TWO awful mistakes ,,, BUT the most glaring thing is WE would have won by FIVE if Ba had started ... EVERYONE can see it

except our Owner . Now there isnt even the option of Lukaku ,,,, The season is being wasted through complete obstinacy in refusing to see what the whole world knows ... EVERY CB is owning Torres

week in week out

Can you even prove that Abramovic forces the managers to play Torres?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/may/28/fernando-torres-roman-abramovich-

Torres said: "I had a conversation with the owner of Chelsea and he trusts me. His confidence is total and that is what I needed to keep fighting and continue to be essential for the team."

The Chelsea striker's words echo those of chief executive, Ron Gourlay, who said last week that the club had absolute belief that Torres would now come good for them, especially important now that Didier Drogba has left the club.

Luiz played well tonight but one thing that I did notice was that earlier in the season when we played with two from Lampard, Mikel and Ramires, then Mata would be the one picking up the ball and dictating things for the team. I think it can be pretty safely assumed as fact that he is the best player in our team to be pulling the strings.

However when Luiz plays (certainly tonight), it does seem to stifle Mata who doesn't enjoy as much space as he gets from deep.

That's my point, I'm not against Luiz but I'm against the role he is being given, it can't be that the coaching staff are that stupid not to see the difference!

and like you said, Mata is the best player to dictate the play. We even won away games I personally thought we had no chance of winning (spurs and arsenal) with Hazard and Oscar playing wide the same as tonight.

I simply find it funny more people are bashing Torres than Ivanovic. But that's how things go. Torres was hidden most of the game, however, I don't really think he was played a ball that he could do anything with for most part of the game. Ba came on and that's when the crosses started working. I want Ba to start, but I really don't think Torres deserves the amount of criticism he has been getting when he was never played a threatening ball and he was in perfect position to score at one point bot azpi played an awful cross in. Ivanovic was terrible this game. Two LOUSY mistakes that cost us the game. Take this with a grain of salt as I am just not a Luiz fan but I think he was sub par, his passes were off for most of the game. Hazard played well, Mata couldn't finish. I thought Oscar was more efficient today than he has been for most of the most recent matches. Ramires was brutal imo. Ba had to very good chances, wish he could've scored them. That's my personal assessment of the game.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/may/28/fernando-torres-roman-abramovich-

Torres said: "I had a conversation with the owner of Chelsea and he trusts me. His confidence is total and that is what I needed to keep fighting and continue to be essential for the team."

The Chelsea striker's words echo those of chief executive, Ron Gourlay, who said last week that the club had absolute belief that Torres would now come good for them, especially important now that Didier Drogba has left the club.

Torres IS good at something : BLAGGING!!!