Chelsea 0-2 Swansea

Jase

Man of the Match  

135 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

You forgot to post any words of wisdom.

Ba has played one game, the team looked far better with him. All the stats in recent games against QPR and Swansea point to a team without a cutting edge - having Torres up-front is the definition of lacking a cutting edge.

The team will get better when Ba starts.

Quite the contrary. I simply posted the truth. Currently, your hopes are on BA. That´s not enough. The team needs help urgently.

If Roman does not fork out more money, does not buy anybody, Chelsea are going nowhere, even with BA.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite the contrary. I simply posted the truth. Currently, your hopes are on BA. That´s not enough. The team needs help urgently.

If Roman does not fork out more money, does not buy anybody, Chelsea are going nowhere, even with BA.

There isn't a 'truth' There's your opinion and that's what you posted.

There isn't a 'truth' There's your opinion and that's what you posted.

There is a lot more in it than just my opinion.

Currently, the team is not converting their chances. There is too much going on at Stamford. Cole, Lamps contracts, inadequate Torres, players are gone to Africa, the team is too thin.

BA can not do it all by himself as you might think.

Currently, the team is not converting their chances. There is too much going on at Stamford. Cole, Lamps contracts, inadequate Torres, players are gone to Africa, the team is too thin.

Replacing Torres with Ba in the starting line-up would be a great fucking start though.

I'm not asking him to do it all, I'm simply pointing out that having a striker who does his job can change close results into victories. It's amazing how much Torres impinges on those around him's ability to do their jobs. I think he can be an important player in our last 18 league games this season.

Partially, I agree BA is the answer to incompetent Torres. However, as I said he can not do it all alone.

Chelsea are in a mess now. it´s all well & good beating the likes of South, Leeds, Aston, but Chelsea need to be beating the bigger sides & delivering results in the bigger games. So far, I have not seen it.

I just pray for Roman´s generosity again to see more players bought, asap.

Partially, I agree BA is the answer to incompetent Torres. However, as I said he can not do it all alone.

Chelsea are in a mess now. it´s all well & good beating the likes of South, Leeds, Aston, but Chelsea need to be beating the bigger sides & delivering results in the bigger games. So far, I have not seen it.

I just pray for Roman´s generosity again to see more players bought, asap.

Again, stop looking just at scorelines and watch some of the games. Swansea are a good team and we outplayed them last night. The problem came down to one man not doing his job (Torres) and one man making two mistakes.

The managerial issue is a problem, but it will hopefully be solved in the summer. The Lampard situation is a cloud that will be gone in the summer too. Hopefully we can move on Torres at some point, whatever it takes but let's not get too maudlin about the situation.

The Hazard criticism is laughable. He was brilliant last night, especially in the first half.

He created chances and openings that other players couldn't take advantage of. For 80 minutes last night he didn't have a striker to aim at or play with. Ramires and Luiz are not good midfielders and do not have the intelligence or ability to consistently feed the forward players.

Hazard has had some quiet/poor games but last night definitely wasn't one. He did far more than Mata who is seemingly immune to any criticism.

The Hazard criticism is laughable. He was brilliant last night, especially in the first half.

He created chances and openings that other players couldn't take advantage of. For 80 minutes last night he didn't have a striker to aim at or play with. Ramires and Luiz are not good midfielders and do not have the intelligence or ability to consistently feed the forward players.

Hazard has had some quiet/poor games but last night definitely wasn't one. He did far more than Mata who is seemingly immune to any criticism.

for me Mata was piss poor last night

Sorry but last night we played fucking shit, which surprises me somewhat as the "three amigo's" as they are commonly known as were playing together, that and the fact we were at home. I am just at a complete loss at what exactly we were aiming to do to create chances. Poor crosses into the box, and the occasional half decent cross that found it's way into the box had no one on the end of it. As well as passing it round the back in our own half for what seemed like an eternity. We just looked poor yesterday and really that's all there is to say.

I feel for Ivanovic, he rarely makes damaging mistakes, let alone 2, of which both lead to goals. He looked distraught so I'm not going to join in the Brana Bashing (if there actually is any, I've decided not to bother looking at twitter and the like when we lose as the fickle fans seem to appear out of the woodwork).

If it was at all unclear to Rafa that Torres needs to be fucking benched for AT LEAST a couple of games then yesterday should have made it clear, Ba made an impact the minute he came on the pitch having 2 headers, someone who can consistently get on the end of crosses with devastating effect, he actually excites me, whether or not those of you think he is a world class striker or not I don't know- maybe it's just the fact that we have endured so long having a striker who fails to make himself known on the pitch more often than not, who doesn't seem to give a fuck about whether we win or lose and always has a fucking frown on his face, we actually now have someone who can fullfil the role of "striker".

Parts of me wants to just forget about the match last night, others want to keep it at the forefront of my mind and hope that the Fat fucking Spanish Waiter keeps it at the front of his. Please start Ba from now on. And FUCKING SORT YOURSELF OUT RAFA.

Again, stop looking just at scorelines and watch some of the games. Swansea are a good team and we outplayed them last night. The problem came down to one man not doing his job (Torres) and one man making two mistakes.

The managerial issue is a problem, but it will hopefully be solved in the summer. The Lampard situation is a cloud that will be gone in the summer too. Hopefully we can move on Torres at some point, whatever it takes but let's not get too maudlin about the situation.

I have watched more Chelsea games than you can imagine. Swansea might be a good team but not good enough to blanked Chelsea at home. Perhaps, you see them as rosy as you indicated but I do not.

Managerial situation will be solved in the summer, I read. Too late then. Chelsea needs help now or face the consequences.

A disappointment last night.Played ok but made some silly mistakes

Torres has got to go...Roman needs to learn and keep his nose out of football matters £80 million wasted on 2 burnt out has beens.

I try and look on the bright side we've won the last 9/10 semi finals so perhaps we are due to miss out on one?

I think we as fans can over react at times we can't win every game.

Still a little hope in the 2nd leg an early goal and who knows?

once a Blue Always a Blue

Come on Chelsea

Sorry but last night we played fucking shit

We really didn't. We lacked a little incisiveness but that comes from having Torres up-front. We actually had more of the game then a pretty good Swansea team. Their goal came against the run of play and as I've said already, both goals came from individual mistakes.

If we play like that against Stoke and have Ba up-front then we should be able to get a result.

I have watched more Chelsea games than you can imagine. Swansea might be a good team but not good enough to blanked Chelsea at home. Perhaps, you see them as rosy as you indicated but I do not.

Managerial situation will be solved in the summer, I read. Too late then. Chelsea needs help now or face the consequences.

I can imagine quite a lot of matches.

Who would you look to to solve the problem now then? And what problem is it that you actually think needs solving?

What hurts is that we had Swansea under control and if not for the unusual mistakes of Ivanovic, they wouldn't have scored.

Ramires was clumsy on some occasion but I much prefer Luiz and Ramires in midfield than Luiz and Lampard in Midfield.

They were closing down Swansea quite well, I don't think we would have been better with Lampard in his role.

I think we should stop with Lampard deeper and if the manager want to use him, Play him behind the striker, and move Mata to the right.

Demba must start, Torres only coming when we are in the lead and the opponents leave much more space behind them.

Sorry but last night we played fucking shit, which surprises me somewhat as the "three amigo's" as they are commonly known as were playing together, that and the fact we were at home. I am just at a complete loss at what exactly we were aiming to do to create chances. Poor crosses into the box, and the occasional half decent cross that found it's way into the box had no one on the end of it. As well as passing it round the back in our own half for what seemed like an eternity. We just looked poor yesterday and really that's all there is to say.

I feel for Ivanovic, he rarely makes damaging mistakes, let alone 2, of which both lead to goals. He looked distraught so I'm not going to join in the Brana Bashing (if there actually is any, I've decided not to bother looking at twitter and the like when we lose as the fickle fans seem to appear out of the woodwork).

If it was at all unclear to Rafa that Torres needs to be fucking benched for AT LEAST a couple of games then yesterday should have made it clear, Ba made an impact the minute he came on the pitch having 2 headers, someone who can consistently get on the end of crosses with devastating effect, he actually excites me, whether or not those of you think he is a world class striker or not I don't know- maybe it's just the fact that we have endured so long having a striker who fails to make himself known on the pitch more often than not, who doesn't seem to give a fuck about whether we win or lose and always has a fucking frown on his face, we actually now have someone who can fullfil the role of "striker".

Parts of me wants to just forget about the match last night, others want to keep it at the forefront of my mind and hope that the Fat fucking Spanish Waiter keeps it at the front of his. Please start Ba from now on. And FUCKING SORT YOURSELF OUT RAFA.

Despite that, we had Mata and Luiz on great position inside the box to score, same for Ramires.

Two three overlaps from Azpi and Cole in good position.

Another one on the flick of Oscar to Mata who crossed with his right with Torres watching and not rushing towards the goal.

A great ball of Luiz to Oscar behind the defence, even if it was complicated to control the ball with the leg a bit stretched.

Two headers from Ba and a dubious off-side call on his goal.

And that with Swansea defending very deep.

For me it was a better performance than against QPR and Norwich where we didn't create many chances. And QPR was not defending well, worse than Swansea.

It's not perfect but you must remember last year, It ended well with the champion's league but it was not like Chelsea was that great.

We need another striker, Torres is just not worth the position on the pitch, he clearly doesn't give a flying fuck about the team, and it seems not his football anymore either. I thought something would come from him yesterday when he turned and struck the ball (yes it went over but he actually had a shot). We also need to stop trying to walk the ball into the back of the net, and start having more actual shots, the amount of times we get the ball and try and run it past every defender in the box to be one on one with the keeper. I know our attacking players are kind of built for that but seriously, take a shot in anger every now and then from outside of the box.

We really didn't. We lacked a little incisiveness but that comes from having Torres up-front. We actually had more of the game then a pretty good Swansea team. Their goal came against the run of play and as I've said already, both goals came from individual mistakes.

If we play like that against Stoke and have Ba up-front then we should be able to get a result.

I can imagine quite a lot of matches.

Who would you look to to solve the problem now then? And what problem is it that you actually think needs solving?

Most likely, I watched more football games than you only dream of.

I see more players bought for the midfield. Perhaps, two might do. Still I see another striker to rotate with BA.