Norwich 0-1 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

His previous two games were not good. He was sloppy and out of position most of the times. He was actually slightly better today, imo, but still no where good enough to be playing there regularly.

No I don't judge him on something that is not his job like shooting. I judge him on how he's doing his job which is ball retention, covering and tactical awareness which he scores very low on.

I cant do anything else but to facepalm...

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His previous two games were not good. He was sloppy and out of position most of the times. He was actually slightly better today, imo, but still no where good enough to be playing there regularly.

He's new to the position and shown enough to be given more chances. I think he struggled a little more today because he was playing with Mikel for only the second time, and there was a tendency for them to cannibalise one another's space.

It's not going to be instantaneous and do you know what, he's going to have bad moments. But we have looked far more solid and structured since he came into that position.

How come we keep winning with him playing there? Bro i really have no idea what games you have watched man seriously.

Well we won the CL with Bosingwa playing at CB, should we buy him back and play him there every match?

We won because the opposition were not good enough nor committed enough to take advantage of Luiz's mistakes.

He's new to the position and shown enough to be given more chances. I think he struggled a little more today because he was playing with Mikel for only the second time, and there was a tendency for them to cannibalise one another's space.

It's not going to be instantaneous and do you know what, he's going to have bad moments. But we have looked far more solid and structured since he came into that position.

Allow me to disagree. Just watch our midfield getting ripped apart when he plays against a good passing side.

Allow me to disagree. Just watch our midfield getting ripped apart when he plays against a good passing side.

I've seen our midfield get ripped apart by a couple of good passing sides this season (Shakhtar, Juve). I haven't seen it happen in the past few weeks and again, it's an experiment that could save us millions of pounds and make us a better side.

By the way, is anyone going to mention that our manager brought on a 17 year old when we were defending a one-goal lead away from home, having given another youngster his league debut in the previous game?

Don't know about you but I like a coach who does that.

Yeah it was a nice touch from Rafa and it really takes some balls to do so. However, he could have ruined the poor lad's Chelsea career by putting him on while we were defending a corner in the dying minutes of the game. Had Bassong scored that header I would have been the first to blame Nathan as he was doing absolutely nothing at the far post. I hope we'll see more from him as well from Piazon.

Are you fking kidding me? I hate how people can even be THAT happy against a 0-1 win against Norwich. We are better than that. I am extremely happy we got 3 points, but to be extremely happy against a boring 0-1 win against a team like that is just....pathetic imo :)

We are better, and I think higher of us. Good thing City lost (even though id win around £2000 if they would have won)...and darn united always find a way to win.

Wow, I'm 'pathetic' for being happy about winning. Fuck me, what has this place come to? And people wonder why I barely post... here is your answer. Shot down for being happy about a good result and decent performance.

Norwich is a very good team.. especially at home.. a bit disrespectful to say otherwise.. I'll give you an example.. Estonian national team is 86th in the world.. nowhere near the top but Im still proud of our small but resilient side and consider us a good team.. hence not being a megastar packed Spanish team.. get where Im heading? all about perspective and respect. Football isn't a game of rock-paper-scissors

Norwich is a very good team.. especially at home.. a bit disrespectful to say otherwise.. I'll give you an example.. Estonian national team is 86th in the world.. nowhere near the top but Im still proud of our small but resilient side and consider us a good team.. hence not being a megastar packed Spanish team.. get where Im heading? all about perspective and respect.

Serbia should know all about Estonia :D

Absolutely.

What 'YouNameIt' is basically saying is this - "we didn't score 8 goals today so we can't celebrate'. Success really has spoiled some supporters. Instead we should be happy with the resilience and grit we demonstrated in a fixture we'd have probably lost if we'd have played it a month sooner.

Wow, I'm 'pathetic' for being happy about winning. Fuck me, what has this place come to? And people wonder why I barely post... here is your answer. Shot down for being happy about a good result and decent performance.

I simply cant see why anyone would be extremely happy against a boring 1-0 win against a team like Norwich. Had it been United, City, Tottenham or some other team like that, fine. But I rate Chelsea much higher than being extremely satisfied about a result like that. I just believe we can do much better. Thats it.

So, by your logic of not being able to be extremely happy with boring 1-0 wins over average sides, does that mean we didn't actually win back-to-back titles in 2005 and 2006 on the grounds of being lacklustre?

Show Norwich some respect. They had lost just one home league game prior to this, beating Arsenal and Manchester United in the process. And they are still one of the leagues form teams, two defeats aside.

I absolutely understand where you are coming from, but I think you're being absolutely unreasonable and entirely unrealistic.

I simply cant see why anyone would be extremely happy against a boring 1-0 win against a team like Norwich. Had it been United, City, Tottenham or some other team like that, fine. But I rate Chelsea much higher than being extremely satisfied about a result like that. I just believe we can do much better. Thats it.

With all the respect towards you and your posts.. wether I agree or not.. but can I ask how old are you? thanks in advance

Alex, you make me very sad. :(

We lose an amazing poster, but we still have to read members like YouNameIt that cant accept different opinions and is arrogant enough to believe he knows the future.

How about this: 3 points for us on a day that City lost. That's a pretty good win if you ask me.

Alex, you make me very sad. :(

We lose an amazing poster, but we still have to read members like YouNameIt that cant accept different opinions and is arrogant enough to believe he knows the future.

Haha I will never leave this place, but my point stands - my contribution has dropped from regularly posting 60 times a day to 60 times a month on the basis that you can't have an opinion anymore.