Aston Villa - Opposition Views

CHOULO19

Jayemdubbya, Sacro, and AVFC nigel from http://avillafan.com/site/'>AVILLAFAN were kind enough to answer a few questions ahead of our match on Sunday:

First off, how long have you been a Villa fan?

Jayemdubby- Since 2006 when I started following football.

Sacro- All of my 26 years..

AVFC nigel- Since around 1968

What have you made of Villa's season so far? Where do you think you can improve?

Jayemdubby- Its about what I expected. A building process. I think we're moving in the right direction, and a potential trip to Wembley is proof.

Sacro- Up and down so far, just starting to find our rhythm.

AVFC nigel- Pretty much as I imagined. A topsy turvy start, due to all the changes, but we're beginning to get it together now.

How do you rate your chances of survival this season?

Jayemdubby- 100% we are staying up.

Sacro- Never in doubt, it was always going to take time for Lambert to get a group of kids and 8 new signings to gel.

AVFC nigel- Never been worried.

Who has been your best player this season and who should we look out for?

Jayemdubby- Bent.........TEKEEEEEEEEE! An absolute gem and top class player.

Sacro- Benteke and Weimann have been quality together. if you play Luiz in the midfield Holman won't give him a seconds rest and he's liable to lose possession for you quite often.

AVFC nigel- There have been a couple of standouts for me. Obviously Benteke will be number 1, but Guzan, Westwood, Baker, Clarke all deserve a mention.

You are in good form after an impressive win at Anfield last week while Chelsea's form has been up and down under Rafa. Do you think this is the best time to be coming to the bridge?

Jayemdubby- Yes. SImilar to last year when there was a bit of turmoil surrounding your club. You all seem to despise Rafa, and I have no idea what to expect from the form of your club.

Sacro- Chelsea are the kind of team who will either run away and win 5 - 0 or collapse and lose it completely, I don't think there is a good time or bad, I never expected you to do Leeds the way you did, I thought you'd lose that game.

AVFC nigel- Still got shed loads of quality at the Bridge so it's never an easy time to come.

What do you make of the current Chelsea team? Good enough to be challenging at the top level in the next few seasons or not quite?

Jayemdubby- Talent wise? Absolutely. I think the way your owner runs things kills the progression though. I never thought RDM was great, but he didnt deserve the sack, just like Ancellotti didn't, although Ancellotti was more than twice the manager RDM was.

Sacro- Easily good enough to be challenging for the title if you look at the squad sheet, your biggest downfall is the Russian upstairs, egomaniac who can't let the managers manage without constantly looking over their shoulders. But yeah, top 3 for the forseeable future.

If you could have one Chelsea player at Villa, who would it be?

Jayemdubby- We could bring Sturridge home, or make up for MON's idiocy and bring back Cahill, but my vote would be Mata. Great player.

Sacro- Mata.

AVFC nigel- Go to be Mata

What line-up and formation would we most likely see from Villa on Sunday?

Jayemdubby- 3-5-2/5-3-2 whatever you want to call it.

Sacro- 3-5-2

AVFC nigel- 3-5-2

Finally, please predict the result.

Jayemdubby- I never pick us to lose. 3-2 Villa!

Sacro- 2-2

AVFC nigel- Can see us getting something 1-1 or 1-2 to the Villa

http://www.talkchelsea.net/_/opposition-views/aston-villa-opposition-views-r184'>Click here to view the article

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does someone have to curse at the other team whenever I do Opposition Views?! :rant: You make it impossible for me to go back to their forum the next time we play them :angry:

I don't think he meant it in a disrespectful way.