Worst Moments as a Fan

edetarod

The UCL Final in 08 will always be my worst memory and that will never be beat. The game the other day though against Corinthians came pretty close. Apart from that, in recent years its been all about UCL Semi's in 04, 05, 07 and 09 they were absolutely horrible but we got Liverpool back and we got Barca back so most of those have been dealt with. I just look at them as part of our history now as a good thing.

Before the Roman Era, my worst memory was that trick from Kanu. I'd not seen Chelsea beat Arsenal in the league knowing all my school mates and all my friends were gooners so this was my chance to finally enjoy a win over them. I didn't even know them when we last beat them in 95/96 so this would be my first. 2-0 up, 15 minutes to go, in stepped Kanu with 3 goals, the last being in stoppage time from an impossible angle.... The next season we were 2-0 up again and Silvinho scored in stoppage time to get a 2-2. We were cursed against them. From when i knew my mates from around 97', we never beat Arsenal until after i left secondary school (That UCL game). I knew loads more Arsenal fans in secondary school when i was there from 98/2003. We never beat them once. Knocked out the FA Cup even 3 years on the trot which included a Final in 2002. They game me my worst memories but again... recently we've dished out a lot of pain to them since so all good.

Also really memories for me are the FA Cup exits from 94-96.The FA Cup final of 1994, i was only young so don't really remember much of the game but i do remember crying so much but i loved Chelsea from that day. But in my first real season supporting Chelsea, we got knocked out by Millwall on pens after a replay. I'll never forget that. I still have the image of Kasey Keller saving John Spencer's decisive penalty, another truly awful moment in my life but i think the 96 Semi defeat to Man Utd hit me the most because i was well into Chelsea then and to beat Man Utd at that time was bigger than it would be now. Craig Burleys back pass is another image i'll never forget and Michael Duberry's curling shot against the bar.

We have won the FA Cup so many times now that they don't hurt as much but it would've been so nice to see more success in the 90's, that was my favourite time supporting Chelsea.

Other honourable mentions include...

Chelsea 3-5 Man Utd - FA Cup 3rd round 1997

Barnsley 1-0 Chelsea - FA Cup Quarter Final 2008

and our EUFA Cup exits against St Gallen, Hapoel Tel-Aviv and Viking Stavanger.

We need the bad moments though but ours have been truly heartbreaking.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously Moscow and the Semi vs Uefalona. Next to that was a recent one, Newcastle at home I think last season or before that where we lost or drew. I remember them scoring from a corner and the team had just given up. It was so frustrating.

Obviously Moscow and the Semi vs Uefalona. Next to that was a recent one, Newcastle at home I think last season or before that where we lost or drew. I remember them scoring from a corner and the team had just given up. It was so frustrating.

Yeah remember that, Carlo's last home game. 2-2.

1. Moscow - Still don't even want to think about it.

2. Iniesta goal 2009 - The most ridiculous game of football I've ever seen.

3. Mourinho sacked - Actually cried as a 16 year old on the way to school.

4. RDM sacked - Lost faith with the club that In love so much.

5. Kanu hatrick in 1999, when we were 2-0 up and I thought we were actually going to beat Arsenal.

6. Losing our fantastic home record to Liverpool in 2008.

7. Losing to Liverpool in champions league semi finals 2005 and 2007 - we didn't deserve to.

8. Iniesta's goal in 2012 - We looked dead and buried and I was fearing a rout - though this goal could be the best turning point of any match in Chelsea's history.

Relegation 75. Then getting Palace in the FA Cup 53 000 at Stamford Bridge saw us claw back from 2-0 to 2-2 then lose 3-2. The following week at the Bridge there were 10000 to watch against Hull.

Getting a kicking at Norwich

Moscow.

Losing to the dippers in the semis

1. Moscow. I will always rememeber Terry walking up to penalty spot to take his penalty and the commentator saying 'this to put the cup in his hands' followed by 'Ohhh he's missed it!' and minutes later when Anelka missed 'United again!' I just cried all night

2. Seeing Di Matteo get treated like shit by our board and then appointing a man who many Chelsea fans had a deep hatred for. It was the first and only time I had felt truly betrayed by the club. Sitting on here with talk that Rafa would be announced imminently on the Chelsea website and then actually seeing it just killed me.

3. Barcelona in 2009. We absolutely battered the best team in the world and I think we would have beaten Man U in the final but we were cheated.

4. Getting absolutely destroyed by Man U at Old Trafford in 2009. 3-0 it ended and Scolari just sat there not doing anything to change the way we were playing.

5. Going 2-0 up against Monaco in the first half of the Champions League semi final and believing that little Chelsea could reach the Champions League final only for us to end up drawing 2-2.

6. Garcia's ghost goal

7. Losing to Arsenal in the FA Cup final

8. Winter 2010 when we won 3 games in 2 months and so many of our performances lacked any passion from the players

1. Moscow 08'

Why? First Cl final and the fact that we were 1 kick away and it just had to be against 'Scum United'

2. Ovrebo 09'

Why? The cunt robbed us of a rematch of the final in Moscow. 1 pen is ok, even 2 you might get away with, 3 is fucking dreadful, and 4 is 'a fucking disgrace !'

3. CWC 12'

Why? its the hardest to get to, and it capped off our worst start to a season in a long time !! (Out of the CL, waay behind in the title race, lost the super cup and Community Shield.

4. King Didier leaving :cry:

Why? He's "the man for the occasion. The big man " I reckon if he would have stayed we would've won at least 1 of the three trophies we lost this season (CS, UEFA Super cup, CWC)

1. 2009 Barcelona - That ref, its number one on my list because of we deserved to go through and avenge ourselves against United. no matter what people say 'anti-football' - cant stand it when football writers and such slam teams for being defensive, if they tried to play football they'd get smashed, its called a game plan.

2. Moscow? Why? Obvious.