Leeds United v Chelsea

Jase

I suggested that the team needed more balance a few months back that it needed to be tougher and have some strength/height in the midfield and i got laughed outa it, oh how times change.

Edit, Tbh ive been saying it since the start of this "barca" revolution,

Were just a shit arsealona.

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we lose this one I whole-heartedly expect FSW to be sacked afterward.

Yeah...sack Benitez and then appoint who? Avram Grant? He is probably next in line.

Like it or not, Benitez is the best of the bad bunch of available managers out there at the moment.

I suggested that the team needed more balance a few months back that it needed to be tougher and have some strength/height in the midfield and i got laughed outa it, oh how times change.

Edit, Tbh ive been saying it since the start of this "barca" revolution,

Were just a shit arsealona.

Agree with the fact that we lack balance. disagree with needing to be tougher and having more height/strenght. We're caught between 2 styles. Counter-attacking and possession football. Our front 4 are best suited at playing possession while our midfield and back four just aren't. We're not playing out from the back like we should. Our midfield lacks any sort of creativity or forward movement.

Our front four aren't great at finishing and in counter attacking football finishing saves your life. You need to be clinical with your chances. If you can't finish 1 of the couple of chances you get your fucked. (Last game against Corinthians, got chances, didn't finish ended up losing the game.)

It's basically about choosing what direction to go as a team. Seeing as how we invested around £80 000 000 to play possesion football i suggest we keep following that style of play.

So sort out our midfield : Get a smart DM who's good on the ball. Of the 3 midfield players 2 of them need to be able to pick out a pass, be creative, have good off the ball movement and be able to pass in close spaces while under pressure.

Get a striker : Torres just isn't good enough. Get a striker who's got good hold up play, good touch, who can finish.

Play out from the back (even when getting pressed.)

Yeah...sack Benitez and then appoint who? Avram Grant? He is probably next in line.

Like it or not, Benitez is the best of the bad bunch of available managers out there at the moment.

Agreed and Benitez is also trying to do the best with what he has to work with. Now i could be wrong here but i think that we have the smallest squad in the Premier League at the moment.
And our squad is getting smaller and smaller each week due to unforeseen circumstances.

Agree with the fact that we lack balance. disagree with needing to be tougher and having more height/strenght. We're caught between 2 styles. Counter-attacking and possession football. Our front 4 are best suited at playing possession while our midfield and back four just aren't. We're not playing out from the back like we should. Our midfield lacks any sort of creativity or forward movement.

Our front four aren't great at finishing and in counter attacking football finishing saves your life. You need to be clinical with your chances. If you can't finish 1 of the couple of chances you get your fucked. (Last game against Corinthians, got chances, didn't finish ended up losing the game.)

It's basically about choosing what direction to go as a team. Seeing as how we invested around £80 000 000 to play possesion football i suggest we keep following that style of play.

So sort out our midfield : Get a smart DM who's good on the ball. Of the 3 midfield players 2 of them need to be able to pick out a pass, be creative, have good off the ball movement and be able to pass in close spaces while under pressure.

Get a striker : Torres just isn't good enough. Get a striker who's got good hold up play, good touch, who can finish.

Great analysis of our situation. Mikel and ramires were bosses last season bcos of counter attack football, but this season the team is disjointed in the style we want to play.

You're right in saying that we're caught in between the two styles but I'd say that only our 3 amigos are really suited to possession football whilst the rest of the team are more inclined to counter attacking football - that includes Torres. It's why the attacking has been a bit dysfunctional.

Also look at the lifestyles of the two teams in the 60s/70s. The Chelsea players were into partying and having a good time which probably lent itself to underacheiving, while the opposite could be said for the Leeds players. Fashionable King's Cross to dreary old Leeds.

You're right in saying that we're caught in between the two styles but I'd say that only our 3 amigos are really suited to possession football whilst the rest of the team are more inclined to counter attacking football - that includes Torres. It's why the attacking has been a bit dysfunctional.

You're right. It's like our team is being pulled in so many different directions, that our soul has been torn asunder. We have counter-attack players, possession players, press defenders, zone defenders, players that don't defend at all, etc...Now, every team has some imbalance, but not like this.