Leeds United v Chelsea

Jase

Yes, the flight was delayed. Instead of returning to England immediately after the CWC, they departed Japan on Monday at 11am. With the difference in time zone and all(9 hours difference between UK & Japan), they arrived back in England yesterday in the afternoon.

Oh ok. So it won't be that bad as i first thought they would be arriving on Tuesday and would have just one day to take on Leeds.

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon Rafa will be under pressure after loosing the WC and will go with his best XI for this one, which with our current injuries and suspensions would still be a patched up side. Probably this:

Cech

Azpi - Iva - Luiz - Cole

Oscar - Lampard

Moses - Mata - Hazard

Torres

Running out of players for this match with all the injuries and suspensions.

How about Bertrand as a makeshift DM? If memory serves he pretty much played there in the Community Shield against City with Lampard moving higher up the pitch. The idea of Lampard and Oscar together in the double pivot is not something I'm looking forward to seeing and Leeds will run all over them if Benitez decides to go with it...

Whether tiredness/fatigue will come into play we'll have to wait and see. I reckon we'll see a few changes, nothing major though as Benitez will want to make up for what happened on Sunday.

The thought of both Lampard and Oscar in the midfield actually makes me scared - Neither of them work hard enough. Maybe we could put Luiz in there and play Ferreira at CB or something. I suppose blondie will be starting, although I've just heard Benitez say Sturridge has been training, so I think he might be available, but probably won't start. We could lineup something like:

Cech

Azpilicueta - Ivanovic - Ferreira - Cole

Luiz - Lampard

Moses/Marin - Oscar/Mata - Hazard/Bertrand

Torres/Sturridge

I reckon Rafa will be under pressure after loosing the WC and will go with his best XI for this one, which with our current injuries and suspensions would still be a patched up side. Probably this:

Cech

Azpi - Iva - Luiz - Cole

Oscar - Lampard

Moses - Mata - Hazard

Torres

Nah he was saying he had already drawn up the starting eleven last Friday which i think means that those who missed out on the CWC final are being penned down to start this one. Oscar, Marin, Mikel, Azpilicueta etc.

Nah he was saying he had already drawn up the starting eleven last Friday which i think means that those who missed out on the CWC final are being penned down to start this one. Oscar, Marin, Mikel, Azpilicueta etc.

Mikel is still banned. Oscar has to start, he and Lampard are our only available options at CM. Azpi will start as well since Iva and Luiz are our only available CBs. Marin could start, though I think Rafa will be under too much pressure to win this to bench hazard or Moses.

Mikel is still banned. Oscar has to start, he and Lampard are our only available options at CM. Azpi will start as well since Iva and Luiz are our only available CBs. Marin could start, though I think Rafa will be under too much pressure to win this to bench hazard or Moses.

cahill? what's wrong with cahill?

I guessthe value would be not having to endure another Torres performance.

Torres will almost certainly still start the rest of the games in 2012. Playing a Championship side might be a good idea to get his eye in whilst not risking another injury to a player we're looking to offload in about two weeks.

Let's be honest, Torres doesn't seem to have a problem scoring against shit teams in recent weeks.

cahill? what's wrong with cahill?

Red card against Corinthians.

Torres will almost certainly still start the rest of the games in 2012. Playing a Championship side might be a good idea to get his eye in whilst not risking another injury to a player we're looking to offload in about two weeks.

Let's be honest, Torres doesn't seem to have a problem scoring against shit teams in recent weeks.

Hmm, good point.