JDY

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought people from portugal and spain are naturally tan...ner?(some of em) not as fair as English/French/German etc.

Besides who cares what he looks like, doesnt bother me at all. As long as they play well, like Ribery, tevez(dont like him though), heck even benayoun looks like a hobo.

I think he is one of the best LB's in the game.

If he can straight up again I guess he'll shine. I think that Mourinho and premier league would do him wonders...

However I can only hope that he returns where he belongs. Benfica :D

I'd take him in an instant. Could easily play at LW too.

Very good going forward and offers an entirely different threat than Ash or Bertrand.

Jose obviously loved him to pay such a big fee for him, so it wouldn't surprise me at all if he comes here.

I thought people from portugal and spain are naturally tan...ner?(some of em) not as fair as English/French/German etc.

Besides who cares what he looks like, doesnt bother me at all. As long as they play well, like Ribery, tevez(dont like him though), heck even benayoun looks like a hobo.

A lot of them have Afrtican heritage even if they hate to admit it or not. Not all of them but a lot do. They are all a bit ashamed of it, really. It's hard not to when 1/3 of Iberia was apart of the Moorish Caliphate for 600 years. Same goes for Southern Italy and bit and parts of South-Eastern Europe with the Ottomons.

Look at Pedro and Xavi they look a lot less typical European and more Moorish than the likes of Mata and Iniesta.

But in the end it's alright, innit? Doesn't really matter, still the same person.

Also an unnecessary signing

I'm not sure. We need a back-up left-back and we'll need a left-back going forwards if Ashley does decide to pack it in (his ankles aren't going to take much more according to some reports). I'm still not convinced about Bertrand (and this is a lad with around 200 first-team appearances at this point) and who knows what PVA is really like? Shaw is a great prospect but is he ready next season? Maybe.

What we could possibly do is transition from a 33 year old left-back, to a 26 year old left-back and then to a 19-20 year old left-back in the space of 3-4 years without really skipping a beat. Yes that will cost us about £30 million but left-back is a real problem in our club at the moment (Wright and Nditi have very little chance of making it, whilst we have Azpi, Wallace, Kane and Aina on the right hand side) so it's going to cost money to address it.

In terms of being a good fit for us, he's a solid defensive option although not up there with Ashley in my opinion but going forward I've always liked him. He works superbly with a left-winger who likes to cut in so that bodes well for Hazard and he'll provide width and energy down that flank. Plus he's another left-wing option.

Generally I'm not in favour of signing players who are this age and this price, but when people were suggesting we go in for Baines at a similar price then this signing doesn't look too bad.

I'm not sure. We need a back-up left-back and we'll need a left-back going forwards if Ashley does decide to pack it in (his ankles aren't going to take much more according to some reports). I'm still not convinced about Bertrand (and this is a lad with around 200 first-team appearances at this point) and who knows what PVA is really like? Shaw is a great prospect but is he ready next season? Maybe.

What we could possibly do is transition from a 33 year old left-back, to a 26 year old left-back and then to a 19-20 year old left-back in the space of 3-4 years without really skipping a beat. Yes that will cost us about £30 million but left-back is a real problem in our club at the moment (Wright and Nditi have very little chance of making it, whilst we have Azpi, Wallace, Kane and Aina on the right hand side) so it's going to cost money to address it.

In terms of being a good fit for us, he's a solid defensive option although not up there with Ashley in my opinion but going forward I've always liked him. He works superbly with a left-winger who likes to cut in so that bodes well for Hazard and he'll provide width and energy down that flank. Plus he's another left-wing option.

Generally I'm not in favour of signing players who are this age and this price, but when people were suggesting we go in for Baines at a similar price then this signing doesn't look too bad.

Bertrand, while given the chance has been solid but yeah, I get the point your making. He doesn't impose himself well. Perfect for backup but not someone you'd have starting 30-odd games a season

PvA had a great season. Easily the best Left-Back in the Eredivisie but his defending is not as good as his athleticism.

Ash has been strictly okay this season. Never had an alarming dip in form but he's not the player he was in his prime. Eden Hazard's improvement in his tracking back and defensive duties has helped and I think the club is fine as it is at LB.

He is average in most games, but his best games were for Portugal and he was superb on some big games. Very unconsistent and I would prefer Cole for another year and then Shaw.

http://as.com/diarioas/2013/05/27/english/1369608506_801059.html

Fabio Coentrao is close to joining AS Monaco. The Portuguese full-back, who has also been linked with a potential move to Tottenham Hotspur - as part-payment in the operation to bring Gareth Bale to the Bernabéu, is set to join Radamel Falcao, James Rodríguez and Moutinho at the Stade Louis II. A transfer fee of 18 million euros could close the defenders switch to the Ligue 1 newcomers.

Coentrao’s agent, Jorge Mendes has already closed the deals involving James Rodríguez and Moutinho and could announce the Falcao and Coentrao transfers within the next few days.

Coentrao’s agent, Jorge Mendes has already closed the deals involving James Rodríguez and Moutinho and could announce the Falcao and Coentrao transfers within the next few days.

Seriously, it is most likely will happen.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You