JDY

I reckon he'd be even more expensive! English + Cap for England + Play for his childhood club + Everton don't want to sell = Expensive as all hell!

He won't be anywhere near 30million euros or even 20...

I think Everton would have to sell at around 10million pounds to help balance the books...

Same ballpark as Azpi and Moses :)

Edit: Everton are looking for 15 million, they can fuck off 10 is a fair price, settle on 12...

Edit 2: even Neville Southall agrees (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2250131/Everton-sell-Leighton-Baines-Marouane-Fellaini-fund-Champions-League-push--Neville-Southall.html)

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He won't be anywhere near 30million euros or even 20...

I think Everton would have to sell at around 10million pounds to help balance the books...

Same ballpark as Azpi and Moses :)

I don't think so. I think they are doing alright financially, well enough to not have to sell all their best players. Besides, they rejected a 14 million (I think...) bid from Man Utd in the summer transfer window.

It's definitely not a viable option to keep Cole imo. We've made the mistake of keeping players past their prime before (Essien), let's not do it again.

I would keep cole for another year to be honest, hes showing signs of decline but is still one of the best LB in the world. How fun it would be though if we get coentrao for the reported price, rather than 30m euros last season.

It's definitely not a viable option to keep Cole imo. We've made the mistake of keeping players past their prime before (Essien), let's not do it again.

Disagree strongly; Cole may be past his prime but he's certanly good enough to hold down a semi-regular place in the squad for another year while Bertrand and PvA continue to develop and grow into their roles. Essien is not even a comparison; he was handed a ridiculous extension when his knees were past the point of no return.

Disagree strongly; Cole may be past his prime but he's certanly good enough to hold down a semi-regular place in the squad for another year while Bertrand and PvA continue to develop and grow into their roles. Essien is not even a comparison; he was handed a ridiculous extension when his knees were past the point of no return.

But it's not that different? When we all first heard the rumours of a Juve interest we all dismissed it saying he should stick around and all that. Not comparing their state of fitness or such, 'cos obviously Cole comes out a winner. It just seems as if it might be the right time, not to suggest he would be like Lampard but would he really accept a semi-regular place anyway if people still tout him the 'best LB in the world'?

I would gladly take Coentrao over Cole. Love Cole, but he is getting on and I think his ankle is finally getting the better of him.

Would be great seeing Azpil and Coentrao down either flank under Guardiola. :halo:

No thanks. Baines is English and we'll be needing English players now. No brainer.

This isn't true. Barring the three likely departures of Paulo, Malouda, and Hilario our 25 man squad consists of 9 non HG players. If you look at it from next seasons perspective, De Bruyne will return and Hazard will have to be registered as he's over 21 years old.

Added to that, Essien will return but his future is still uncertain. That's 12 non HG players in the squad, plus the 5 HG players; Turnbull, Bertrand, Terry, Cahill, Moses. I wouldn't be surprised if they promote Blackman to 3rd choice and send Courtois on loan to a PL club. Take your pick for the two remaining spots, I think we'll go for Walcott if Sturridge leaves, and probably name another reserve/youth player in the squad (Saville).

That's only 20 players, we didn't even name a full 25 man squad this season and were still fine regarding the HG quota. We have 5 slots to sign whoever we want from anywhere we want. There is no HG crisis if Cole, Lampard, and Sturridge leave.

This isn't true. Barring the three likely departures of Paulo, Malouda, and Hilario our 25 man squad consists of 9 non HG players. If you look at it from next seasons perspective, De Bruyne will return and Hazard will have to be registered as he's over 21 years old.

Added to that, Essien will return but his future is still uncertain. That's 12 non HG players in the squad, plus the 5 HG players; Turnbull, Bertrand, Terry, Cahill, Moses. I wouldn't be surprised if they promote Blackman to 3rd choice and send Courtois on loan to a PL club. Take your pick for the two remaining spots, I think we'll go for Walcott if Sturridge leaves, and probably name another reserve/youth player in the squad (Saville).

That's only 20 players, we didn't even name a full 25 man squad this season and were still fine regarding the HG quota. We have 5 slots to sign whoever we want from anywhere we want. There is no HG crisis if Cole, Lampard, and Sturridge leave.

Saville needs to go on loan, hes nowhere near ready for a place in the 25 squad. If anyone should get it, it has to be Josh or Islam Feruz, (who is awesome) even though I see Feruz and Josh both getting loan deals again and rightly so. Or Piazon.

No thanks. Baines is English and we'll be needing English players now. No brainer.

Baines is 28 and Everton would charge probably near £20million. Is it really worth paying that much for a player that would give around 2-3 years of his best?

YES please...always rated Coentrão

if Cole's leaving in the summer, which would probably be sensible, he would be top of my list

I know he was injured and suspended for some time in the autumn but still he hasn't really been first choice this season right? Too good to sit on the bench imo

and regarding Baines > Coentrão?

STOP@5!!

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You