Fernando Torres

So fucking amazing today. Worked hard, threw himself in every tackle, absolutely matchwinner. Without him we would probably have lost today. Mourinho has got some life out of him. He still is not that liverpool fear beast. This one would have had a hattrick today, but for the last 5 games he has been a very good striker.

What can I say? It's the third time I voted for him as MOTM this season (Totts, Schalke) and maybe there was a 4th, but I can't be sure.

Anyway, he was amazing today. I was pissed when he missed that first attempt and even said he was 'back', but he proved me wrong, never looked back, and worked hard. He was one of the players to work the hardest there for us. Tacking, pressing, moving around, running. The only fault was the sitter, but when he assists, hits the post (unlucky and that would have been an amazing goal), and then scores the winner, he more than made up for that.

Actually some players would have given up that ball because it was two defenders and Hart, and only him. Actually last two seasons' Torres wouldn't have bothered, and not only did he fought til the end, but he actually scored.

Of course there's room to improvement - most players have it - but I don't have a complaint, if Torres play like this for us all season, I'm very happy.

As I said in the live thread - and using Mourinho's words myself: we have strikers.

When he hit the crossbar from that angle, I immediately thought of one his Anfield goal which was a very very similar shot but ended in the net.

Yes!!! That's exactly what that that shot reminded me of. A wonder goal from nowhere, he was so close today.

When he hit the crossbar from that angle, I immediately thought of one his Anfield goal which was a very very similar shot but ended in the net.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M98tj5AlGqg

?

You are right, this is the one.

Fair play to Torres today. Missed that chance but never let it affected his confidence. In the past, he would have gone into hiding. Instead, he kept his head up and was a constant menace all day long against City.

Also, his play lately seems to have improved. He now looks more positive, direct and aggressive with his play and attempting to do so with intelligence, unlike previously. Won't go and shot he's back and all that but for our sake, hope he keeps this up!

WHAT THE FUCK IS JOSE DOING TO HIM!!!

but kudos to floppes torres on his recent performances and form. atlast he is looking like the guy we wanted to but. a 50 million striker. and he is playing like a 50 million striker.

the best thing about his performance was that even after him missing the sitter, his workrate dint drop, he still had the confidence to take players on, shoot the way he did and atlast he got some luck and deserved reward for his performance as a goal.