Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Fernando Torres

BlueLion.
Followers 2

I think this number should be left alone for a while. It's endured world of abuse these past years (Kezman, Crespo, Boulahrouz, Sidwell, Di Santo, Torres).

http://www.thefootballsupernova.com/2012/01/curse-of-chelseas-number-9.html

I think let's leave it alone, let it rest from all the shame, and revisit that number when the time is right. 19 suits Costa very well imo, he could make it his own.

Boulahrouz and Sidwell. Lmfaoo :lol: i remember that. What the fuck was going on there?? Hahahahaha!!

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can proudly confirm I made some personal attempt to get him out of Chelsea. Went to the Wolfsburg game in Constance today and tried to convince them to buy Torres. tried everything from screaming to

In the 90s Blackburn was the first club to win the Premiership after a serious money injection. They called it "winning with a credit card". Credit cards are made out of plastic therefore Blackburn fa

Being shit on purpose to deflect criticism from his teammates and manager ... Because he's the hero Chelsea deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Bec

Posted Images

I think this number should be left alone for a while. It's endured world of abuse these past years (Kezman, Crespo, Boulahrouz, Sidwell, Di Santo, Torres).

http://www.thefootballsupernova.com/2012/01/curse-of-chelseas-number-9.html

I think let's leave it alone, let it rest from all the shame, and revisit that number when the time is right. 19 suits Costa very well imo, he could make it his own.

What was wrong with Crespo? :blink:

He did well at his time here but wanted to leave because he never adjusted and fit in the London life.

• Like 2

According to the Gazzetta dello Sport, Chelsea is paying 1,5 m euros of his wages...4 million are paid by Milan and Torres is waiving the remaining 1.5 m euros.

He did well at his time here but wanted to leave because he never adjusted and fit in the London life.

Read the link I gave

I feel it's a bit unfair to include him in here, but given his statistics elsewhere, he's a valid inclusion. He wasn't always the number 9 at Chelsea in his spell there. He only had the number for one season which wasn’t his most prolific, spending most of his time on the bench. Prior to that, he was wearing the number 21 at the club and performed better. His time at Chelsea was somewhat successful but he was never able to settle in England despite his efforts. He was loaned to AC Milan for one season, then returned back to Chelsea for another season and then finally left to Inter Milan.

49 apps, 20 goals

In Frank's biography,

Jose wanted to send a statement out to the rest of the boys that he meant business. Crespo failed to show up at training on time, next second he was in Milan for a medical.

but he was a good player, shame that we couldn't have kept him.

Crespo was one of the best strikers around when he was bought. Never managed to secure a starting spot. 25 goals in 49 starts isn't bad but not good enough for a player of his status and transfer fee (16,5 mil pounds was a huge amount of money back then).

Maybe not a true flop but definitely not a succes.

Edit: 47 starts.

^^

I think a part of why he couldn't his absolute top form was because he never fully adjusted. Don't underestimate the impact of mental aspect on players' forms.

On a different note, don't know why, but I find this funny :lol:

BwSKAJOCEAAFNCg.jpg

^^

I think a part of why he couldn't his absolute top form was because he never fully adjusted. Don't underestimate the impact of mental aspect on players' forms.

BwSKAJOCEAAFNCg.jpg

Late. Again. :D

• Like 1

^^

BwSKAJOCEAAFNCg.jpg

Beautiful.

No, you're the only one who has. 'Twas a figment of your imagination.

Like a unicorn, or a UFO. Or Mr. Tumnus from Narnia.

Nevermind. Im not trying to talk to a prick, who bases a player on one thing. That being said, I still want him to leave and am happy for it!

^^

BwSKAJOCEAAFNCg.jpg

My eyes. :ph34r:

But I actually think he'll do better at Milan. Fresh start, slower league, no huge expectations. Think he might score at least 10 goals.