Fernando Torres

Took his goals well but his performance wasn't as great as people are making it out to be. Was good and nothing more. His performance against Spurs was better than this.

Considering they were dominating the play without any end product .......I think he did well and as you it was good .

Considering they were dominating the play without any end product .......I think he did well and as you it was good .

When he got the chances, he converted it well. Otherwise, nothing else. Good or decent, whatever you want to call it, but people made it out as if he turned in a Messi-esque performance tonight when that's not the case.

When he got the chances, he converted it well. Otherwise, nothing else. Good or decent, whatever you want to call it, but people made it out as if he turned in a Messi-esque performance tonight when that's not the case.

He did more than that, his pressing off the ball, the interceptions and runs he made, the little one twos, I thought he was fantastic. He's got that evil look on his face now, he's also got his acceleration back, something I think has to be close to a miracle, he's going past players and all.

The thing is Mourinho gave him confidence, something nobody before him was able to. We don't know what caused his dip in form in the first months with us, but the thing is he never recovered his confidence after having a terrible start here and not even Benitez helped much (although he did help a bit).

Now he has one of the best managers in the world - but also one that is known among players for being too demanding, for pushing everyone's limits and for not accepting poor performances without punishment (go ask Luiz). Players love Mourinho because he's fair, but they also know he's one of the toughest in his players.

So this world class manager comes here, and reports on press before pre-season are that Mourinho will get rid of him (Torres) because he's done and is the worst business Chelsea have ever made. Torres joins the team weeks later after the rest because of CC and the reports and buzz continue about Mourinho dismissing him.

Then Mourinho probably had a talk to him - a first one - saying where he stood and what he wanted from him. Then other conversations followed and I'm sure in one of them Mourinho said to him what he just said to the press: he trusts Torres because he's a hard worker and he's putting a lot of effort on recovering his best form.

I'm going to give credit for Mourinho for recovering Torres if that happens, but I think Mourinho did it without any effort - almost not on purpose, as all he did for Torres was giving him confidence by trusting him and his hard work. I'm sure the training sessions, the private conversations about improvements he wants also contributed for that, but if Torres becomes the striker we need (and I'm not even talking about his best shape, as he's not a 'niño' anymore, and age isn't forgiving for a striker, I'm talking about top form for a striker his age in a club like us), I think it'll be much more because Mourinho believed in him than whatever tactical, managerial work he has done. Torres had lost his confidence and belief on himself and having a world class manager like Mourinho trusting him and putting his faith on him, changes everything.

Hopefully Torres' good form is here to stay. I don't want to say he's back because I don't believe he can go back to his peak, but maybe there's a new beginning for him in this club with joy for both parts.

He did more than that, his pressing off the ball, the interceptions and runs he made, the little one twos, I thought he was fantastic. He's got that evil look on his face now, he's also got his acceleration back, something I think has to be close to a miracle, he's going past players and all.

Torres may have done those small little things well here and there but overall like I said, it's just decent/good. Not going to go overzealous-ly praising him for this especially when we have seen moments like this from Torres in the past. People have a tendency to over-exaggerate praises these days. Want to see even more from him.

@, is spot on, i don't think he was that great, but he scored 2 goals and i have always believed that if a forward scores i can forgive any other parts of his performance, so for tonight atleast, life is good.

Torres may have done those small little things well here and there but overall like I said, it's just decent/good. Not going to go overzealous-ly praising him for this especially when we have seen moments like this from Torres in the past. People have a tendency to over-exaggerate praises these days. Want to see even more from him.

Fair point.

I just thought he stood out tonight. Bagged a brace in the process.

let them have a wank fest over ramsey and wilshere ,,they must have had a great win win today ,,must check the score tomorr

Happy for his goals and performances but most of all as others have mentioned, while he's not at his old best (don't think he'll ever be) but he's actually gaining respect of his opposition now. Teams will actually have to scout him now and won't just write him off prior the match. Dare I say, some defenders may even start dreading facing him again. While I still don't think he's good enough for Chelsea in the future, but at least now he's adding value to the team. That's more than what we've had for a good while from our striker position. That's good enough for me, I'm not going to bump up my expectations too much.