Fernando Torres

FA STATEMENT ON TORRES

The Football Association has today (Tuesday) released the following statement:

'The FA will take no action against Chelsea's Fernando Torres in relation to an incident involving Tottenham Hotspur's Jan Vertonghen which occurred in the 50th minute of their match on Saturday 28 September 2013.

'One of the match officials saw the coming together of the two players, albeit not in its entirety.

'In these particular circumstances, in line with The FA's policy on when retrospective action may be taken, reviewed this summer by the game's stakeholders (the Premier League, the Football League, the Professional Footballers' Association, the League Managers' Association, Professional Game Match Officials Limited and the National Game), no action may be taken.

Well, if I may. Once again I was proven to be correct. Torres had done nothing wrong.

Finally, the FA made the correct decision here.

Since there are so many ex-manures on that board I must say I am a bit surprised.

He did do something wrong actually, but luckily for us, even though Mike Dean did not see the what happned and actually booked Torred for the trip (wtf! he's worse than I thought!) the lino saw the hand but not the scratch so the FA can't do anything about it.

He did do something wrong actually, but luckily for us, even though Mike Dean did not see the what happned and actually booked Torred for the trip (wtf! he's worse than I thought!) the lino saw the hand but not the scratch so the FA can't do anything about it.

The 1st incident was wrong, at least it looks that way. Perhaps, someone was even tinkering with the pictures. At the time, it did not appear to me, he was trying to scratch him. More likely, a tap " don´t do it kid. "

The result is justified, one game ban.

The 1st incident was wrong, at least it looks that way. Perhaps, someone was even tinkering with the pictures. At the time, it did not appear to me, he was trying to scratch him. More likely, a tap " don´t do it kid. "

The result is justified, one game ban.

Yeah, the pictures looked worse than than the video, and I think a one match ban is probably fair, but had the lino not seen it, he would have gotten 4 no doubt.

As much as it should have been a 4 game ban because what he did was unacceptable and stupid, it is all swings and roundabouts. Ferdinand basically assulted Torres in the fa cup game at old Trafford and got nothing, Aguero tried to stamp on Luiz in the semi final last year, same result. We were raging when nothing was done about those.

The FA needs to be more consistent with things like this. Scratching an opponent in the face, stamping on a player etc. are totally unacceptable actions and there is no reason they shouldn't be punished.

As much as it should have been a 4 game ban because what he did was unacceptable and stupid, it is all swings and roundabouts. Ferdinand basically assulted Torres in the fa cup game at old Trafford and got nothing, Aguero tried to stamp on Luiz in the semi final last year, same result. We were raging when nothing was done about those.

The FA needs to be more consistent with things like this. Scratching an opponent in the face, stamping on a player etc. are totally unacceptable actions and there is no reason they shouldn't be punished.

Scratching was not proved.

Imagine what some of our fans would think of Dennis Wise. :halo: If they react like this (passionately putting forward their 'objective' views to seem superior? :ph34r: ) because of a petty scratch, people would be calling for Wise to get the electric chair after every game!

Torres has really done very little. The amount of noise it's generating on this forum is shocking. You support Chelsea so act like it.

Don't remember Wisey ever scratching anyone. He was no angel but we're talking about Torres scratching a player here - it's a horrendously pathetic thing to do on a sports pitch.

He's lucky to have avoided a further ban so maybe this is the break that he needs, but people who don't see a problem with this type of thing probably haven't played much in the way of sport in their time.

Don't remember Wisey ever scratching anyone. He was no angel but we're talking about Torres scratching a player here - it's a horrendously pathetic thing to do on a sports pitch.

He's lucky to have avoided a further ban so maybe this is the break that he needs, but people who don't see a problem with this type of thing probably haven't played much in the way of sport in their time.

It was not a scratch though, so I don't know what your getting at. Even so this incident was entirety different and way less malevolent then say a bite or a stomp. The way Vertonghen was playing was pathetic, and he was antagonizing and getting away with murder against Torres.

How many times have we seen Torres get raped out on the pitch by a defender and get zero calls. It's absolutely ridiculous.

Alright!

I'm getting a good vibe from Torres.

I really think we will see a better him this season.

And let's not forget that he keeps scoring goals in high profile game.

With out a doubt number one striker right now.

Alright!

I'm getting a good vibe from Torres.

I really think we will see a better him this season.

And let's not forget that he keeps scoring goals in high profile game.

With out a doubt number one striker right now.

"Keeps scoring goals in high profile game" is a bit of an overreaction. Come on....

Yeah the FA are never consistent in most things....one manager can rant about one thing.Get away.Another the same..outrage.Same with the stamping etc,sometimes punished sometimes not.Seems to be a case of the mood or something