Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Fernando Torres

BlueLion.
Followers 2

A friend told me and I had assumed there was an article about it, but now that I look it up, I'm disappointed that it's just mentioned in an article about Atletico :( But anyway...

"Monaco are also looking at Torres and would be able to match his £175,000-a-week Chelsea wages"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/10984250/Atletico-Madrid-add-Arsenal-pair-Nacho-Monreal-and-Santi-Cazorla-to-summer-shopping-list.html

this morning The Telegraph said City were after Drogba ... ONCE upon a time Tht Telegraph was a serious Sports paper that could be trusted ... NOT now

• Like 1
  • Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can proudly confirm I made some personal attempt to get him out of Chelsea. Went to the Wolfsburg game in Constance today and tried to convince them to buy Torres. tried everything from screaming to

In the 90s Blackburn was the first club to win the Premiership after a serious money injection. They called it "winning with a credit card". Credit cards are made out of plastic therefore Blackburn fa

Being shit on purpose to deflect criticism from his teammates and manager ... Because he's the hero Chelsea deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Bec

Posted Images

Lmao two clubs fighting for Torres? Or has Jigsaw captured them and they are fighting to not sign Torres but the loser has to sign Torres? Fuck me what a load of shite. Anyway just sell him, even if its for 50k, fucking hell.

this morning The Telegraph said City were after Drogba ... ONCE upon a time Tht Telegraph was a serious Sports paper that could be trusted ... NOT now

They've really gone down hill, especially this summer. I used to consider them reliable, but social media is killing all the 'reliable' media.

• Like 2

I was searching in Current Squad the Torres thread to see if there is any news regarding him but couldn't find his thread so i decided to party only to notice 10 minutes later the thread was here :ph34r2:

Has to be him. Either a loan or a transfer. I can't see jose going into the next season with costa-torres-Dd as his option. Its suicidal.

I have a feeling that Torres will leave and Jose will choose Drogba to replace him which makes perfect sense as Costa and Lukaku will get the chance to play more often.

A strikeforce of Costa-Lukaku and Drogba looks really deadly. Hope this happens.

• Like 2

You do know that most of the revenue from shirt sales goes straight to Adidas right? We only get a quite small percentage of the actual profit. So his marketability is nothing huge.

fair points, but reckon you are all missing the other aspects of marketing: market penetration and brand recognition.

When Torres fans in country X wear Torres jersey, they are also promoting Chelsea as a club as well as its affiliates.

Similar, but not nearly as big as Park at United. As good as Park was in defense, he was never good enough to play for United IMO. Sounds familiar?

unless his loan/transfer is CONFIRMED, i wont sleep easily!!!! would just mean lukaku would AGAIN do something STUPID, IDIOTIC and CHILDISH.

please torres please!!!! get out!!!!

• Like 1

fair points, but reckon you are all missing the other aspects of marketing: market penetration and brand recognition.

When Torres fans in country X wear Torres jersey, they are also promoting Chelsea as a club as well as its affiliates.

Similar, but not nearly as big as Park at United. As good as Park was in defense, he was never good enough to play for United IMO. Sounds familiar?

Park never cost United £50m and £185k a week though. Also Park never had the pressure of being a 'star player' at United either. Park's marketability and brand was being used to penetrate the Asian market, and it did so very successfully. Torres' marketability is useful for what exactly? He was a global superstar when he arrived here but what is he useful for now? Some deluded fanboys/girls? Some Spanish fans? Like you said, it isn't anywhere near the marketability that Park offered for United.

What I think it is - it's in Torres' contract. In his contract I think we agreed that he'll be one of the faces of the club (hence why the always mention him in interviews in big signings + how his face I plastered on all of our ad campaigns and around Stamford Bridge); so unfortunately we have to oblige the terms of the contract. I seriously can't wait for the day his contract runs out/we sell him. He's a leech.

• Like 4