Fernando Torres

My wife likes Torres ,,when he gets the ball I don't shout with excitement ...just groan softly and :fainthv9:

I suppose if hes got his superdouper striker headband on against QPR theres always the chance we could hit double figures :D

Anyone going on about "i want Demba Ba in right now because of Torres's first touches", then don't expect much.

Demba Ba has a very average first touch, infact it's nothing good at all and certainly not good enough to get him into top 4 level, but his game doesn't rely on that. He is brilliant at getting on the end of any delivery. He's a good finisher with great technique, can strike a great volley as well. Not in a creative type way but Demba Ba does possess flair, as in scoring his goals, he will special ways that people wont know how to do when he grabs his goals. Like i used to love watching Ba because he scores with a swagger.

as u said ba CAN score and even though his first touch is not that good but i think he compensates it with his shielding and holding,i.e, i dont think he loses as many balls as torres does.

We can discuss this from other perspective.

He is scoring, but remember how many chances he misses. Not to speak about chances in important games, like vs. Corinthians.

What the fuck does it mean to you if he scores 20 goals, but misses 100 clear chances?

Imagine you had someone better instead of him. That better striker would score, for example, 80 goals and that is a huge difference.

We are top club and we must always strive to improve, and Torres is simply not good enough. Fuck stats, fuck his few goals vs Aston Villa and Nordsjaeland.

You have to consider that he always loses possession and his shit performances have bad influence on team.

Striker must do much more than just scoring goals, especially in a top club.

So Torres - still not good enough.

I would love a more clinical strikers too but... come on. 80 goals? Since when does Messi play for Chelsea?

Honestly there is no winning for Torres at Chelsea. People yell at him to score goals and when he does, people yell at him to be better all around. He's good striker, not a great one and it would benefit Chelsea greatly to bring in somebody better.

Lukaku would have benefited coming back in January.He would have thrived with the service we have now and could have really established a start to his Chelsea career.Its not always that you have a striker crisis at Chelsea Fc and this situation would have been his opportunity to kickstart his career at this club.

Agree with Lukaku being recalled, he says he doesnt want to comeback unless he's playing regularly but he only gets 20-30mins for W Brom anyway surely he can do that here.

Hopefully Rafa will start Ba (assuming we get him) in one of the cup ties coming up.

Agree with Lukaku being recalled, he says he doesnt want to comeback unless he's playing regularly but he only gets 20-30mins for W Brom anyway surely he can do that here.

Hopefully Rafa will start Ba (assuming we get him) in one of the cup ties coming up.

Recalling Lukaku would be only successful if the club sticks with 2 center forwards and don't decide to bring in another striker.Lukaku would get much more game time here as there is no chance of Torres starting every game of the second half of the season.There's also the opportunity of Lukaku playing in Europe,something which WBA can't offer him this season.

Lukaku should seriously reconsider and come back to the club.Why wait till next season to really get the chance to play for the club he loves so much when he can start in January itself.

Ah, hiding away from where all the action is, I see.

Look at Mata's movement after he plays the ball and how he follows up the play. Contrast that with Torres' movement (if you can even call it that).

The way he screwed up Luiz's superb pass was the worst moment of the game.

The more criminal instance was the time Mata combined with Torres on the edge of the box; played a ball into Cesar who crossed 1 meter infront of the goal with A.Cole being in a better goal scoring position than our striker(who I didn't even see busting a gut trying to get on the end of Cesar's cross).

I've just watched Liverpool's 2008-2009 Season Review just to see again how they were playing under Benitez and how was Torres back then.

He wasn't that different. Yes, maybe his pace and confidence are not at such high level anymore, but they're not too low neither. On the other hand, his style and movement were exactly the same. Even the positioning was similar. He provided a lot of crosses from the wing that season.

I came to the conclusion that either the service provided by our midfielders is too poor, either we lack speed (Liverpool were a very fast team that season, they were counter-attacking as the book says), either his playing style just doesn't match Chelsea's. Call me captain obvious, but the thing is that I'm not so sure anymore that it is only HIS problem. I'm not even sure if it is anyone's problem. Maybe he just can't work with Chelsea's playing style. It's not impossible.

Regarding Liverpool under Rafa, the must important thing I've noticed is that they had spirit back then. A lot of late winners and a lot of spectacular turns. They really were a team that everyone should've been afraid of and I can't remember another period like that since Benitez left Anfield. I think he really is a good manager.

That being said, I just hope he'll beat United 4-1 at the Old Trafford again.

Recalling Lukaku wouldn't do much other than cover for Torres. We need someone better then him. Sturridge could have been that man, but unfortunately he's gone. Ba could be that mean, but rumour has it he's out of our grasp as well.

If you watch Torres during games he starts to make runs but doesn't get the ball played to him... I've seen him start to go then stops...

Just need someone to see him...

(Ex. The ball that Moses played to him during our last champions leagues match this year)

If you watch Torres during games he starts to make runs but doesn't get the ball played to him... I've seen him start to go then stops...

Just need someone to see him...

(Ex. The ball that Moses played to him during our last champions leagues match this year)

Against Everton,he missed at least 2 fairly easy chances.One was the Luiz chip pass and the other was the Oscar pass.If he couldn't convert those chances to goals then what do you really expect from our midfielders?