Fernando Torres

Hopefully, the Spanish docs told him he was

Hopefully his memory loss will wipe out that drought and he'll start his Chelsea career on Sunday. :)

...in the stands. Don't think he should play. He can debut at home against West Brom.

Why is the Mirror so hard up on Torres? Seriously, they hardly go a day without writing something negative about him. And it's not just dedicated articles about him either. Even the most minor reference to him is laced with venom. I'm convinced he won't give them the time of day and the Mirror pays him back in spades.

I told you he probably called Lipton a puta and got Lipton's panties in a bunch. I doubt Torres did that but 1) it would be funny to see Lipton's face and 2) at least it would explain the personal hard-on that rag has for him. Otherwise it just seems like a scouse induced vendetta.

I think that MotM award was for effort to be honest, Alex was better :lol:

But definitely saw shades of his old self, but he has to do this consistently. He's made a case for a starting role v. West Brom.. If he keeps playing like he did today, goals will come.

Created for others and himself. Saw a few times when he tried the old one two and never got the two. You could see he was frustrated. The positive today was that he didn't drop his head and kept working hard. Lovely to see Torres play well, he still has it. But he can't score from deep and wide and without help.

Aside from signing creativity, I hope AVB works on things with the team to get the ball to Torres in actual goal scoring positions. My gripe with Carlo was that it seemed like he could see the problem but just left Torres to hang out there and it was a confidence killer. AVB actually left him on for nearly 90 minutes rather than yanking him early. Remember Tottenham? Torres was playing well but no goal, so Carlo pulled him early.

Lampard played smart, his delivery was poor, but he had the right things in his mind. I liked that he played directly upfield when having drawn opposition on them... it was clearly AVB's instruction to provoke the opposition and then play a direct ball up front once they have more room (like he said in his interview about playing against ultra-low block, which Stoke were). In last season we would have passed it back and played ourselves into stale position until the only option was to hoof one long. Unfortunately we didn't do that enough and Lamps seemed the be the only one who at least tried (in 1st half).