Fernando Torres

I would love if someone lock this topic about Torres...most of the fans on this forum are not appreciate our players (Torres), and for me he was the best yesterday, and he was the only threat...I'm considering to sing out from this forum because of numerous post about Torres this , Torres flop, Torres not worth etc..... Just chill out and wait for the season start..

its not a majority that slate Torres ,,just a vociferous minority ..dont leave ..fight back or just ignore ...Any true fan will be desperate for him to well

Many people, when a team is on 'bad-run' or not performing like Barcelona, they tend to look for scapegoats, it has been Benayoun - started before he even touch the fucking ball!, Carlo, Kalou (which is somehwta justify-able to osme extent), and it looks set for Torres. There are fans that firmly believe because we have had success in the past we should have it again and again, despite the real elements of football. The fact that Lampard has become somewhat more cautious and slow-minded in play since his injury, has really done a number on our midfeild that uses Lampard's normally dynamic attacking force as shield as the rest of the midfeild follows.

But without that one element, the midfeild's structure hasn't really clicked since, with normally one person attacking and two defending (one defending and the other standing around looking for the ball in the center). What we need really is a creative person to help spearhead any attack and push Lampard up, or with Lampard playing less games. If we played someone like Benayoun alongside McEarhan in an offensove minded role with Mikel as the defensive anchor, then the support would be better to Torres, imo. As Torres isn't the kind of player who will make his own attacks like Drogba, he can't completely boss the whole of the defence if there isn't at least two people to have him.

"I'm 27. Don't worry I don't forget to score goals... I will score," said the World Cup-winning Spain international.

"It's going to be a big season. My form is ok, it's time to be fit and ready. We're trying to get into the best form. We have got big expectations and I can see the winning mentality we have (at Chelsea)."

Source

I like the confidence.

confidence in words and confidence in reality are two different things... he would hardly ever say "I'm past my best and I don't believe in myself, get over it". I just hope his actions live up to his words during the season, because he's been saying exactly the same thing since he's signed.

Guest justin_3d

He needs to get a hat trick against Stoke or whoever to get a big confidence boost.

Torres is good, but is his mentality, his attitude that stops him.

Last season he could have scored goals, but his attitude made him look like dry lump in the field. If he improves that this season, then he should be better.

Many people, when a team is on 'bad-run' or not performing like Barcelona, they tend to look for scapegoats, it has been Benayoun - started before he even touch the fucking ball!, Carlo, Kalou (which is somehwta justify-able to osme extent), and it looks set for Torres. There are fans that firmly believe because we have had success in the past we should have it again and again, despite the real elements of football. The fact that Lampard has become somewhat more cautious and slow-minded in play since his injury, has really done a number on our midfeild that uses Lampard's normally dynamic attacking force as shield as the rest of the midfeild follows.

But without that one element, the midfeild's structure hasn't really clicked since, with normally one person attacking and two defending (one defending and the other standing around looking for the ball in the center). What we need really is a creative person to help spearhead any attack and push Lampard up, or with Lampard playing less games. If we played someone like Benayoun alongside McEarhan in an offensove minded role with Mikel as the defensive anchor, then the support would be better to Torres, imo. As Torres isn't the kind of player who will make his own attacks like Drogba, he can't completely boss the whole of the defence if there isn't at least two people to have him.

I agree with almost everything you said but then you spoiled it with the dig at Kalou . I can't recall ANY of our players getting more abuse than Kalou . I still maintain he is a good

impact sub and a valuable squad player who ALWAYS gives 100%. I can understand the knee jerk reactions of fans when we've just lost a game. But the continual slating

of our players and the fantasy dreaming of who should replace them is nauseating.

Two or three goals in the opening half a dozen matches is a realistic target judging especially from the calibre of teams we're playing at home. If he can't bag one against Swansea or WBA at home, I'll then be worried :lol:

Guest justin_3d

Are you sure you have the right word?

lol no.

But I thought if he scores a hat trick in the next couple of games he might be good. But I am thinking his problem is mental, and that might take a lot more time to get over it.

You guys are just to much obsessed with Torres....just live him alone....discuss about something else than him..talk about Drogba perhaps...he didn't score in these games as well...and no one says anything...so just shut up with Torres, you are pis*** me off.... He is our player, and will be in next few years, so respect that...

You guys are just to much obsessed with Torres....just live him alone....discuss about something else than him..talk about Drogba perhaps...he didn't score in these games as well...and no one says anything...so just shut up with Torres, you are pis*** me off.... He is our player, and will be in next few years, so respect that...

Torres cost double of what Drogba cost and Drog has always scored goals and he doesn't get coaches sacked for his poor form.

There were more reasons behind Ancellotti's sacking than Torres' poor form (not saying the sacking was a good thing), but I guess it's difficult to avoid being influenced by the endless bile spouted by the media.