Fernando Torres

He played well in the Everton game and he did well in the half of the Portsmouth game.

He isn't the type of striker that wants to be building attacks 24/7 but to be the one who is finishing them! We haven't got the backing to support him yet, and because Drogba is the type of player that likes to build attacks and battle players 110%, that is why he seems so much 'better' as a striker. Play Benayoun and Torres on the same team, and maybe a couple of decent wingers and then you will get the Torres that is shaping up. I am 110% behind Torres, and always will be, like i am with every Chelsea player. Even though there is some i feel would benefit the side more if they left or play a less vital role in the squad in the up-coming season, but i will support them.

It is all about the players that come into to Chelsea and the cream of the crope that AVB is planning on using! blue%20scalf.gif

I am 110% behind Torres, and always will be, like i am with every Chelsea player. Even though there is some i feel would benefit the side more if they left or play a less vital role in the squad in the up-coming season, but i will support them.

Classy post.

Like AVB said today, let's not get obsessed with this. (I wouldn't mind a goal on Sunday from #9).

"I wouldn't want to turn it into an obsession like people are trying to," Villas-Boas said. "My obsession is to win trophies with this team and take them to success. Rather than individually, I'd prefer to address it as a 'forward sector' and focus on people gaining confidence to find the back of the net. That comes with training, patience and tolerance, which it looks like he isn't getting at this moment. But we, at Chelsea, are ready to give our forwards this kind of patience.

"I disagree [that Torres is lacking in confidence]. Every time a player doesn't score, people ask questions about him. I know he is a £50m striker but people's focus is purely on the individual and not the performance of the team. You know the importance the collective has for me. I'm not going to lose time over this. Things will happen naturally."

Say Torres scores 2 goals all next season and that is the winner at Anfield that wins us the league and the winner against Man.Utd in Munich for the CL, would those 2 moments alone make him money well spent?

Say Torres scores 2 goals all next season and that is the winner at Anfield that wins us the league and the winner against Man.Utd in Munich for the CL, would those 2 moments alone make him money well spent?

Aren't you being a little optimistic that the team will be in those positions?

No imo. that will be what 3 goals in over 40 games? hahah

But when you consider the moment and the circumstances? both would be priceless

True, but still doesn't make him worth the price though. Let's say he scores 15-16 other goals + those 2, then it's a slightly different story ;)

True, but still doesn't make him worth the price though. Let's say he scores 15-16 other goals + those 2, then it's a slightly different story ;)

how many times does it need to be said. . . Torres did not dictate his price, he is a victim of circumstance in that respect. I dont personaly think any player in the world is worth 50 million, especially when most are in economic downfall but football shouldnt be looked at like real life. The guy has not even played 6 months yet and people on here are busting to get tore into him. Lots of players go thru less than impressive spells but the difference is most probably still get the support of their so called fans. I will be 100% behind torres as i dont believe you become a bad player overnight. The guy is gonna get dogs abuse from journos, tv pundits, other supporters and everyone else anytime he doesnt score so lets not be the first to jump on his back before the season has even started and instead just give him the support we should give all our players ( yes even mikel from me ;) )

how many times does it need to be said. . . Torres did not dictate his price, he is a victim of circumstance in that respect. I dont personaly think any player in the world is worth 50 million, especially when most are in economic downfall but football shouldnt be looked at like real life. The guy has not even played 6 months yet and people on here are busting to get tore into him. Lots of players go thru less than impressive spells but the difference is most probably still get the support of their so called fans. I will be 100% behind torres as i dont believe you become a bad player overnight. The guy is gonna get dogs abuse from journos, tv pundits, other supporters and everyone else anytime he doesnt score so lets not be the first to jump on his back before the season has even started and instead just give him the support we should give all our players ( yes even mikel from me ;) )

Yeah i agree. And i support all our players....

except Kalou biggrin.gif

I'd rather twenty goals over a season rather than two in terms of returning the investment, but those goals would be priceless. Roman getting his hands on the Champions League after nine years would be well worth £50m. eyebrows.gif

I'd rather twenty goals over a season rather than two in terms of returning the investment, but those goals would be priceless. Roman getting his hands on the Champions League after nine years would be well worth £50m. eyebrows.gif

I would love if someone lock this topic about Torres...most of the fans on this forum are not appreciate our players (Torres), and for me he was the best yesterday, and he was the only threat...I'm considering to sing out from this forum because of numerous post about Torres this , Torres flop, Torres not worth etc..... Just chill out and wait for the season start..

I would love if someone lock this topic about Torres...most of the fans on this forum are not appreciate our players (Torres), and for me he was the best yesterday, and he was the only threat...I'm considering to sing out from this forum because of numerous post about Torres this , Torres flop, Torres not worth etc..... Just chill out and wait for the season start..

Agree 110%, its like Torres is the only guy on the pitch, its a team thing lets get behind our team.