Rmpr

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It’s not been the best few weeks here.

I think more of us fans would be more understanding about the results if it wasn’t for the FSW being here.

That being said it’s about the players and a bit more passion from some would be welcome , but i am not going to stop supporting the club just because its going through a difficult period.

Last season would of been mad without the CL win. So if we are to have a couple of season's disappointment so be it. I am sure we will come back stronger after it all.

I wouldn't worry about Mata or Oscar leaving. :)

Mata seems to already be a blue at heart. You can easily tell that he loves the club. He has even stepped up as our leader on the pitch this season. And when Oscar first signed for us and since then he seems to mention in every interview how he is enjoying life in London and is settling down, making friends etc. He doesn't seem like the type who's going to move country constantly. And he seems very loyal too. I've always got that impression of him.

However, I would worry about Hazard. Ever since he signed for us I've been thinking he's just to move on to Barcelona or Real Madrid eventually. Fantastic player and great prospect, yes. But his ambition seems to overcome his loyalty. Oscar and Mara seem to have more of a balance between those two traits.

Hazard is a loyal player aswell. I think a lot of people have got the wrong impression of Hazard.

He's really a good guy. He stayed with Lille for five years while top teams were constantly fighting over him. He could have easily left them a lot sooner.

At the end of the 2010-2011 season he had only 2 years left on his contract. He could have easily forced Lille into selling him cheap but he signed a new contract and promised to stay 1 more year.

Hazard is a loyal player aswell. I think a lot of people have got the wrong impression of Hazard.

He's really a good guy. He stayed with Lille for five years while top teams were constantly fighting over him. He could have easily left them a lot sooner.

At the end of the 2010-2011 season he had only 2 years left on his contract. He could have easily forced Lille into selling him cheap but he signed a new contract and promised to stay 1 more year.

He seems like a really good guy. Being ambitious doesn't make you a bad person. I just think his ambition outweighs his loyalty.

Sorry didn't mean to come across that way.

Just seems that everyone HAS to be a fan of Hazard. I dont understand why.

It's okay. ;)

I don't think everyone has to be a fan of his. Whether you like a player or not is your own opinion.

It's just that sometimes i see people making assumptions about him or accusations that (imo) are wrong.

Like i said in my former post i think a lot of people have got a wrong impression of him.

Some Chelsea fans seem to think that he's just gonna bide his time here and then move to Spain.

It makes them support Hazard less because they kinda see him like an interim Chelsea player.

I think that's unfair as in his time here he hasn't given any indication that he sees Chelsea as a stepping stone or even mentioned RM or Barcelona.

He seems like a really good guy. Being ambitious doesn't make you a bad person. I just think his ambition outweighs his loyalty.

But that's an assumption your making. Since his time here he hasn't mentioned RM or Barcelona. He hasn't said anything about leaving Chelsea. I just feel people should give him the benefit of the doubt.

I dont think we'll have a problem attracting players,end of the day they always need clubs to go to..just worried about managers really.

Not gana stop supporting the club thats just a bit daft and to far and whats the point?Stick by good,bad and shite times cause its not always gana be rosey and plain sailing as proven this period

I've mentioned this elsewhere, but in the spirit of looking on the bright side it's worthwhile nothing that in the early days of Roman's reign the club focused very much on the short-term. They had to in many ways because the developing of the youth and scouting systems was going to take a while. That meant almost instantaneous success as soon as Mourinho arrived.

Unfortunately, we've been coasting ever since. The spine of Cech, Terry, Lamps and Drogba has remained but not renewed.

Now we've started rebuilding at a breakneck speed and the fruits of the youth system are starting to ripen. We're just at an awkward stage in our 'transition' and not only is it almost unavoidable, it's actually beneficial in some ways. You need to hit rock bottom to develop the resolve to better yourselves and kill any of the complacency that might be in the system.

But when you come out of it the other side, you're much better having overcome the tough times.

@Muzchap, @Corner, @Kezza, @CHOULO19, @manpe, @, @Sheva..

For all you sensitive people, I have edited the post (how do I edit the thread name?). :D

My nerves have calmed down. I think you got the message, we have gone through so much in the course of our history that I dont see a reason for this big loser reaction (SB Bid vs Fulham, EPL Trophy, Relegation, Shit Ownership, Bankruptcy, Roman, Mourinho, Fame, UCL Trophy, etc).

@Muzchap, @Corner, @Kezza, @CHOULO19, @manpe, @, @Sheva..

For all you sensitive people, I have edited the post (how ddo I edit the thread name?). :D

My nerves have calmed down. I think you got the message, we have gone through so much in the couse of our history that I dont see a reason for this big loser reaction (SB Bid vs Fulham, EPL Trophy, Relegation, Shit Ownership, Bankruptcy, Roman, Mourinho, Fame, UCL Trophy, etc).

Yeah it's a vicious circle, we go through it every single year during winter. We are fucked in mid-season yet end up winning a trophy or two and crawl our way back to top. The difference this time is that for the past 9 years we've had a stern core to rely on, a determined bunch. Now our future is more uncertain than ever - the board have spit in fans' faces, we're losing and since we have a young and frail squad, nobody knows when or if we'll make the necessary push to stay top. In addition to that we're in the beginning of transition without anyone to lead it.

In some ways it's different from the usual 'bad moments' we've had in the past, it breeds more pessimism. I mean all you have to do is hear and look at the stands, that's a highly unusual negative atmosphere. Many people are feeling alienated from the club, because looking at the team and dugout during games it's hard to spot something familiar which you loved. Instead we have two ex-Liverpool muppets taking all the spotlight from the club, in a very negative way.