Fernandinho Joins Man City

kellzfresh

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they wont play 4-3-3, they will continue to play the same formation with Fernandinho and Toure in the double pivot.

I think its a smart buy. I think its kind a hard to find a player who will suit to play with toure, because they dont want to play him as the DM and he isnt creative enough (or - isnt a real playmaker) to play alone with Barry. Fernandinho is very much like him just with more energy, he's quicker and maybe have a better touch on the ball. And btw i dont think Paulinho is better than Fernandinho, they are different players, but i think City signed the better midfielder.

* i actually remember a quote from Fernandinho in January, saying is going to play in Manchester after January.

He played like a Ramires who could pass, was amazing against us. Great buy imo, we could have used a player like him too, not sure why others weren't in for him, must be something the matter with him because for some reason he doesn't get games for Brazil either.

Paulinho > Fernandinho

No.....and different players. Hands down i would rather have Fernandinho in my team.

Paulinho is in the Ramires and Khedira mould. Fernandinho is more in the Schewni, Gündoğan, Moutinho mould.

Very good signing by City Fernandinho is going to be immense in the PL. The EPL is quite poor in quality when it comes to CM and far behind many top leagues. He wont have trouble bossing the midfield on a regular basis.

Lucescu on the Fernandinho rumour to City.

Rory Smith ‏@RorySmithTimes

Lucescu: "If City pay 50m euros, they can have him. If someone pays that amount, he will leave. If not, it is almost impossible."

More Lucescu: "If a stronger team comes in, I'll do everything possible to help (the deal). But City at the moment not at Shakhtar's level."

City not at Shakhtar's level? Wow!

He was pinging fantastic through balls to Srna during the games vs chelsea. Plus, I don't remember him losing out in a challenge in the games

I chuckle everytime someone uses 'pinging' in that context. Means something different over here.

Guess that radiation is fucking with them

Well I guess he has is own right to state that even if it sounds a bit exaggerated. However I think he is pointing out to the fact that City have not established themselves on the elite stage of the Champions League yet, whereas Shakhtar have managed to win the Europa League and have surpassed the UCL group stages, in contrast to City who have not.

If I was a manager I would not want to sell my best players and you have to make statements that put off other teams, especially as Shakhtar's finances are very good.

why, what does it mean over there?

You know how alcohol makes you drunk or drunken? Amphetamine and other uppers make you pinging. To say "I'm pinging" means "I have lots of energy from amphetamine/MDMA/whatever"