Zenden To Join As Assistant

James

"j26terry Robbie+Eddie. I watched and learned from you both growing up. I cleaned eddies boots at 16 and had the pleasure to play and captain CFC under you both. Thankyou does'nt seem enough"

Sounds like Eddie has been sacked. (taken from JT's instagram)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've already posted this twice but this thread seems the best place. Three things about Zenden.

1. Played at Chelsea. Knows the club, the senior players and some of the staff.

2. Played under Benitez. Knows what's expected from our new manager. A good conduit.

3. Played at Barca with Guardiola. Can't hurt.

He's also an intelligent guy who has played at top clubs under top managers. I think the board see him as checking a number of useful points.

"He [benitez] called me on Wednesday and said: 'Be sure you're in London before 13:00 tomorrow because we're going to work at Chelsea' and then hung up on me,'" he told De Telegraaf.

"This is an unbelievable chance to work on the highest level possible. I could get used to a job as trainer.

"If Rafa, with whom I worked for two years, speaks very positively about you and gives you this chance, you have to be very proud.

"If he wanted information about a player, he always called me. I have been at many clubs and know a lot of people because of that. As a pundit I worked for Sky, ITV and Al Jazeera and saw a lot of matches."

"I don't have a diploma, but in England you're allowed to be an assistant anyway," he added.

"Of course it's my intention to get the missing papers in the short-term, then we have that problem solved.

"At first I will get my papers in England, because that's the easiest way to a diploma. In that way I can sit on the bench anywhere. In the future I would like to get my Pro Licence in Holland."

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2012/11/23/3549975/zenden-proud-of-benitezs-assistant-manager-offer-at-chelsea?source=breakingnews

Actually, I didn't like the way he celebrated Sunderland goals at the Bridge - as Jusek posted. Chelsea was his former club and he did this. I immediately thought of Hasselbaink or Sinclair who scored against us, never celebrated and apologized. Maybe, the club just didn't mean much to him.

Zenden,who was apparently stunned about the "madness" of his swift appointment said:

'I thought, 'I'd better start packing my stuff and try to sort out a flight', because it really happened so fast.'

I hope he doesn't have to repeat those words anytime soon... :D

Apparently he's delighted that he can gain coaching experience at Chelsea.....

So pleased we can educate him; it's not like we need top coaches at a top club

i've always wanted to get coaching badges. do you think i might have a go in Chelsea?

Zenden,who was apparently stunned about the "madness" of his swift appointment said:

'I thought, 'I'd better start packing my stuff and try to sort out a flight', because it really happened so fast.'

I hope he doesn't have to repeat those words anytime soon... :D

If he goes I wouldnt lose any sleep over it Just a window dressing appointment