A view from the Opposition - WBA fan

Hi,

As a moderator on www.westbrom we run a weekly View from the Opposition where I get your thoughts ahead of the game on Saturday. Would you all be willing to answer ten questions? Later on this week and I shall collect a selection of replies, form them into an article and post the article in this topic later on this week.

Firstly, I must apologies to the admin of the site if this breaks any forum rules or is in the wrong place.

1. What have you made of the Chelsea start to the season?

2. What are your opinions on WBA's start to the season?

3. We've seen John Terry involved in a racism case, and of course, the recent allegations with regards to Clattenburg. What have you made of both situations and the way they've been handled?

4. What are your opinions on West Bromwich Albion as a football club alongside it's supporters?

5. Both clubs have managers which have figured for both clubs. What have you made of the work RDM has done with yourselves, and what Steve Clarke has done with us so far?

6. What are you expecting from Chelsea for the remainder of the season? Can you retain the Champions League?

7. What do you expect from WBA from the remainder of the season? Do we have a chance of Europe?

8. What players in our side do you fear and who should we be wary on Saturday?

9. What team is Roberto Di Matteo most likely to choose on Saturday?

10. And finally score predictions

Thanks, and for those which are making there way to The Hawthorns, I wish you a very safe journey.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, great initiative. Will try to do my best, can only account for my own views of course!

1. Very good despite the latest results. We were due a transition period, and it has begun now. Maybe too good of a start, after the disappointing results against Swansea and now Liverpool. But I think we've had a fine start.

2. Amazed of how well you've been playing and thoroughly deserve you spot in the League at the moment, so I'm really impressed by that. Keep it up, always liked West Brom.

3. I think it's a relief to finally have the Terry case closed. Still questions of the way he said the alleged racial remarks, but I'm glad it's over, for now. The Clattenburg incident, if true, could be a major blow for his career. If found not guilty, it could potentially cause a huge backfire on Chelsea. Let's hope it doesn't.

4. Always watching West Brom play, and to have Lukaku out on loan creates another reason to follow the club. Steve Clark is doing a wonderful job, and I wish him and the West Bromwich supporters all the best, of course not against Chelsea though ;).

5. RDM has done a huge job bringing in young blood to Chelsea and gelling them will be the next big task. Steve Clark is a fantastic bloke and the work he has done for you lots are incredible. To be in the position you are in the League table deserves our complete and utter respect.

6. At the start of the season I would take a 3rd place and two trophies (FA cup, Capitol One or FIFA World Cup) and I still think we're able to do that. To retain the Champions League would be immense, but I doubt it.

7. Actually I can see you making it into the Europa League positions if you continue your excellent run of form. Fingers crossed for ya!

8. Lukaku, Long and Morrison from you, and you'd probably be looking out for Oscar, Mata and Hazard. Hopefully.

9. Would expect to see something along the lines of the team against Liverpool, maybe swap Luiz in and Bran on the right back.

10. Tough game. I can see it going either way really, but we need to end a run of rather poor results. Sorry, but Chelsea will take the win 3-1.

Hi,

As a moderator on www.westbrom we run a weekly View from the Opposition where I get your thoughts ahead of the game on Saturday. Would you all be willing to answer ten questions? Later on this week and I shall collect a selection of replies, form them into an article and post the article in this topic later on this week.

Firstly, I must apologies to the admin of the site if this breaks any forum rules or is in the wrong place.

Thanks, and for those which are making there way to The Hawthorns, I wish you a very safe journey.

Hello and welcome...

1. What have you made of the Chelsea start to the season? Been happy with the changes we starting to implement, especially our attacking mid 3. Made a great start but recently had a few poor results. Overall if you had offered 3 points of top at the start of the season i would have taken it.

2. What are your opinions on WBA's start to the season? VERY IMPRESSED. Just looked at the table and said in the other thread, wow, West brom have made a great start... Probably all because of Lukaku... :ph34r:

3. We've seen John Terry involved in a racism case, and of course, the recent allegations with regards to Clattenburg. What have you made of both situations and the way they've been handled? TBH, the off field issues are starting to get extremely annoying as they seem to dictate everything. If he said something wrong he should be punished, but they should sort things out quickly and get back on the game.

4. What are your opinions on West Bromwich Albion as a football club alongside it's supporters? Seems good from a far. I don't actually know any west brom fans to be honest...

5. Both clubs have managers which have figured for both clubs. What have you made of the work RDM has done with yourselves, and what Steve Clarke has done with us so far? RDM did amazing last season and i really like his relationship he has with the players and he is a chelsea legend... Steve clark has worked wonders with you and is extremely good for you. He should start lukaku a bit more. :)

6. What are you expecting from Chelsea for the remainder of the season? Can you retain the Champions League? Top 3 in the prem is a must, and to get as far as possible in the champions league. It would be extremely special to retain it, but to do so we need a striker.

7. What do you expect from WBA from the remainder of the season? Do we have a chance of Europe? Yeah definitely, i think you can sneak that last europa league spot. We have seen this year that everyone is more bunched together, so you are in competition with a lot of other teams but if you can carry on what you are doing... Why not.

8. What players in our side do you fear and who should we be wary on Saturday? James morrison has been extremely good for you this season, as well as shane long as he always seems to pop up with a goal.

Cech

Azpi Ivan Cahill Bertrand (Unless cole is back)

Mikel Rambo

Mata Oscar Hazard

Torres

Is probably what RDM will play but i would go with:

Azpi Ivan Cahill Bertrand (Unless cole is back)

Mikel Rambo

Moses Mata Marin

Sturridge

as we have a lot of games coming up and need to start resting some players. Also we need to bench torres.

Close game but i think we will get it 3-1 with our quality in midfield coming through.

Would've been nice to be more clinical with our finishing and have a proper striker upfront, but we're playing beautiful football at the minute and it's great to watch.

Incredible. Clarke is a fantastic manager.

3. We've seen John Terry involved in a racism case, and of course, the recent allegations with regards to Clattenburg. What have you made of both situations and the way they've been handled?

John Terry is hated by the media and most opposition fans alike. The bloke is incredibly nice and caring. He talks to everyone at the training ground and helps out the youth as much as possible. He also does bucket loads of charity work. He doesn't deserve the crap he gets.

I'll save my opinion on the Clattenburg incident until the verdict is out.

4. What are your opinions on West Bromwich Albion as a football club alongside it's supporters?

Don't mind you as a football club, but not keen on your supporters after getting pelted with coins a couple of years ago at the Hawthornes.

5. Both clubs have managers which have figured for both clubs. What have you made of the work RDM has done with yourselves, and what Steve Clarke has done with us so far?

RdM is still learning, but what he has brought to the club can't be knocked. He has to be given a chance.

Steve Clarke has completely transformed you. It looks like you may really contend for a UEFA spot this year.

6. What are you expecting from Chelsea for the remainder of the season? Can you retain the Champions League?

I hope we challenge for the league, but I'd be happy with a top 3 finish. In all honesty I can't see us retaining the CL, but it's a competition about luck at the end of the day so anything can happen as we saw last year.

7. What do you expect from WBA from the remainder of the season? Do we have a chance of Europe?

I really hope you get a European spot.

No one really stands out for me to be honest, but what Clarke gets out of them is incredible. We should be more wary of Clarke and his tactical awareness rather than individual players.

9 players out of 11 are already picked really.

2-2

Hi, As a moderator on www.westbrom we run a weekly View from the Opposition where I get your thoughts ahead of the game on Saturday. Would you all be willing to answer ten questions? Later on this week and I shall collect a selection of replies, form them into an article and post the article in this topic later on this week. Firstly, I must apologies to the admin of the site if this breaks any forum rules or is in the wrong place.

Hello :)

Opposition fans are always welcome around here. We actually do something very similar on here called 'Opposition Views'. Any chance you can answer a few questions about the game for us as well? Would really appreciate it.

Please make your self at home and feel free to join any discussion that you find intriguing.

Excellent. Disappointing not to beat the Scousers on the weekend but the football we're playing is fantastic and greatly entertaining.

Cracking. You really have been impressive, especially at home.

John Terry is a hero whether or not he said what he is alleged to. A middle class liberal media witch hunt has ensued and has gone way over the top. We should have handled the Clattenburg issue in-house. Its unfair that we've damaged his reputation without conclusive evidence, after all we know what that feels like.

Good honest club, my favourite away day of the four brummie clubs and a good atmosphere.

The wok RDM has gone will never ever be forgotten. He is the first manager to win a European Cup for our football club which is a huge achievement. Furthermore he's transformed our style from backs against the wall grit to effortless effective and attractive football astonishingly quickly. As far as im concerned he should be given a ten year contract. As for big Steve Clark he's spent years learning his trade from top managers at two big clubs and it looks like its paying off, big time.

I'd be very happy with the entertaining football continuing and a 3rd place finish in the prem. A couple of good cup runs would be nice to. As for the Champions League i see quater finals at the furthest to be honest but like others have said its a cup competition and with a healthy slice of luck who knows.

i really think so you know if you carry on in the manor you are at home and improve your away form i think 6th is a optimistic yet realistic target.

Iv'e always massively rated Chris Brunt he really is a class act.

Same as Liverpool i would imagine.

2-1 West Brom

Hello :)

Opposition fans are always welcome around here. We actually do something very similar on here called 'Opposition Views'. Any chance you can answer a few questions about the game for us as well? Would really appreciate it.

Please make your self at home and feel free to join any discussion that you find intriguing.

Thank you.

PM me the questions and I'll more than happily answer them for you.

Very good start. This is a team in transition but the transition is going better than could have been expected so far.

Excellent start including in some tough matches

The Terry case was handled horribly by everyone. Terry should have just apologized and the FA should have dealt with it right away. The Clattenburg case is tougher. From what I can tell, it was Ramires who heard Clattenburg say something and Ramires' English is pretty poor but he does seem certain. Chelsea really had no choice to but make the complaint but I doubt it will go anywhere.

Obviously a team with a long and excellent tradition.

Both are doing very well.

Retaining the CL seems unrealistic. I think a top-4 finish in the league and positive development of our style and players.

Possible, but unlikely. I'd expect somewhere between 7-12 in the league

I worry about your strikers. Your system sets them up very well and they can finish. Our attack is lead by Mata. If he is allowed space, he's deadly.

Hard to say. This is the first game of the season I feel like there might be some changes. We have Juventus on Tuesday and City next Sunday so we will need to rest some players.

Chelsea 2-1 WBA

1. What have you made of the Chelsea start to the season? - Fantastic, after last season we needed to do a lot of business and we have. Hit a bad run but loving the way we're playing. Dropped points only because of referee haplessness.

2. What are your opinions on WBA's start to the season? - Very impressed, they play very nice football and could've even done better with a bit more luck in the Newcastle and Man City games. They've had a great start.

3. We've seen John Terry involved in a racism case, and of course, the recent allegations with regards to Clattenburg. What have you made of both situations and the way they've been handled? - The JT situation was a joke, innocent in a court of law, guilty by the FA. There was something there but i don't think he would've said it so blatantly in front of loadsa cameras. "I Never called you a black cunt, fucking knob 'ead" is what was said. It was handled awfully. I think the Clattenburg case was all a big misunderstanding and i wish we had never bought it up.

4. What are your opinions on West Bromwich Albion as a football club alongside it's supporters? Your fans are great, they really get behind the team and enjoy every game. The players certainly feed off the fans, together are a force to be reckoned with.

Both managers have done exceptional jobs at their respectful clubs. Steve Clarke is doing a stunning job. I wanted him as Chelsea boss after Jose Mourinho, i knew he was capable of it.

6. What are you expecting from Chelsea for the remainder of the season? Can you retain the Champions League? - I'm expecting a top 3 finish and maybe the Semi's in the UCL. Our squad is very inexperienced so going all the way in either the prem or UCL will be too much but we'll be going for both in the future for sure. Our future is very bright.

7. What do you expect from WBA from the remainder of the season? Do we have a chance of Europe? - I'm sure you can make the top 10, Europe may be just too far as you don't have the biggest or strongest squad but if you keep everyone fit, why not?

8. What players in our side do you fear and who should we be wary on Saturday? - I like James Morrison a lot, he finds space well and times his runs nicely too. Very good technically and can shoot from range too. Also very wary of the pace and movement of Shane Long.

9. What team is Roberto Di Matteo most likely to choose on Saturday? - 4-2-3-1 of Cech, Azpilicueta, Luiz, Cahill, Bertrand, Ramires, Mikel, Hazard, Oscar, Mata, Torres although i would prefer Moses and Sturridge to play ahead of Mata and Torres.

10. And finally score predictions - Think we'll nick it 2-1, we need to stop this bad run.

Great start, but we have to remember we are in a transitional stage with our team and despite starting well, must be realistic with our aspirations for the season. Have been impressed with the summer signings and would like to see Marko Marin in action as well.

I Don't think there is anyone who doesn't respect what Clarke has done, with such limited resources, truly great start and I hope it continues.

I think Chelsea handled it as well as they could have given its a touchy subject and Terry is our captain just glad it seems to be over, can't stand off the field stuff like the pre-match handshakes that Sky cream themselves over... I agree that serious allegations involving race need to be investigated and dealt with but have a strong distaste for the media who love to blow it out of proportion to sell papers. Another group that has been getting on my nerves recently is this cretinous

'Society for Black Lawyers' who unnecessarily made a complaint to the police over Clattenburg + all the shit he has been giving spurs for their 'Yid Army' chant.

Can't say I know too much about them to be honest but don't have anything negative to say (like I would for most other clubs/supporters) so that, in itself, is a positive!

Robbie has been great and there is something more special about his tenure here because of his history with the club as a player. Clarke has obviously had a great start to the season, I just hope he can keep it up because it is a long old slog...

Of course we can retain the Champions League, anything can happen as last year showed, but I am in no way expecting its retention. I think our team is in a transitional phase with a new style of play and many new players, also the lack of a potent striker doesn't help our chances anyway.

I hope you do, but in reality there are a lot of teams that are better funded than you who have more resources to compete over the long season. If you finish above Liverpool, though, I would love it!

Peter Odemwingie...

Mata is the player you should be most wary of, don't worry about Torres, though.

------------Cech------------

Azpi--Ivanovic--Cahil--Cole(if he is not still injured)

------Ramires--Mikel------

Mata---Oscar---Hazard--

---------Torres :(----------

10. And finally score predictions.

3-1 To us. Mata, Cahil, Hazard. Odemwingie