The Thread is Dark and Full of Spoilers: "Game of Thrones" discussion

manpe

spoiler alert

Nights watch vows tells :"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come"
Jon Snow is Azor Ahai. Melissandre will revive him next season and he will break his vows as he is dead, this will also confirm the R+L=J theory as he will be crowned in the end as the true king after defeating the white walkers.

He is the real essence of this book "A song of ice and fire"(he is both Stark and Targaryen, get it?)

spoiler alert

Nights watch vows tells :"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come"

Jon Snow is Azor Ahai. Melissandre will revive him next season and he will break his vows as he is dead, this will also confirm the R+L=J theory as he will be crowned in the end as the true king after defeating the white walkers.

He is the real essence of this book "A song of ice and fire"(he is both Stark and Targaryen, get it?)

oh and one more thing.. Kit Harington has a contract 'till season 7 so don't worry

spoiler alert

thats whats generally expected to happen. so i am guessing the fat sadist will pull another rabbit out of the bag just to prove everybody wrong.

spoiler alert

Yeah that is the general consensus. Don't hold your breath though. Dumb and Dumber could throw a swerveball and the show could go even more full retard.

I don't know about 7/10 for the last episode. It was fairly good, even if a bit rushed. I'd say 8/10 is more like it. A lot of things happened:

Walk of shame, Arya kills Trant and goes blind, Stannis defeated, Sansa and Theon escape, Myrcella dead?, Jon dead?, Varys & Tyrion etc.

The reason it gets 7/10 rather than 8/10, for me, is twofold:

1) Almost too much happened.

2) Because of the above, there were many loose ends.

spoiler alert

thats whats generally expected to happen. so i am guessing the fat sadist will pull another rabbit out of the bag just to prove everybody wrong.

Yep, that's what I think everyone expects to happen - which is why it will happen. George is double-bluffing everyone and everything, but that is, surely, the outcome that offers the most closure.

You're a bitter, bitter man.

Why? Because I'm not lapping up the shit that David Benioff and Dave Weiss are shoving down my throat? I've read more compelling amature fanficition than the last season of GoT.

The repetition of "20 GUD MEN" is example enough of how much the dialogue has degraded.

Shirtless Ramsey vs The Greyjoys was cringe enough.

I liked the last episode - the arya saga was EPIC IMHO - The whole Dornish affair (I hope Bronn can get himself that viper) - there are other things that happened, but I probably gave away too much already - there was soo much that was good about this episode, not sure why people are soo damn bitter about this episode - yes the finale makes me want to see more of the series

It upsets me that the Unsullied are portrayed or at the very least perceived as powerful soldiers that know nothing but battle in the GoT universe. If you observe their equipment, it is pretty obvious they are based on the Hellenic hoplite. Leather armour, spear as the main weapon and heavy rounded shields. Yet whenever they are in battle, the show no signs of team-work nor any signs of tactics like the phalanx formation.

What is the point of building them up, yet never showing their battle prowess? It is all well and good being outnumbered and losing a battle but at least make the Unsullied look competent when they are fighting a bunch of untrained merchants with daggers and silk robes. But no, only the 'named characters' get to look good in battles.